JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Granted, when I was at PSU Ronald Reagan was President and it was still legal to convert an AR-15 on a Form 1, but wow, things have changed. "Choices"? "Reflections"? Damn....

LET IT GO. the higher you climb the PSU bureaucratic ladder, the more kafka-esque the situation becomes.

Raidingtime,
https://www.youtube.com/user/daylightdisinfectant
Some PSU public events on here that have nutty Professors lecturing brainwashed drones with absolute BS IMO.
I don't know how you stand it but keep your head down and do what it takes to make your grades. As jefe said,"LET IT GO". At least in Class.

Behind the scenes form allies among the few Students who can still think for themselves and see through the BS.

Do all you can behind the scenes to expose the "Hate, Blame and Tear down American Culture" that has infested Academia.
They are destroying this Country one Class at a time buy implanting Guilt and Fear in white male Students.
At the same time they are hammering it into minorities and woman that they are victims, are owed something and need Government to ensure they get what they are owed.

Progressives are dividing this Country but a few like you are waking up to it. Good luck!

Raidingtime,
https://www.youtube.com/user/daylightdisinfectant
Some PSU public events on here that have nutty Professors lecturing brainwashed drones with absolute BS IMO.
I don't know how you stand it but keep your head down and do what it takes to make your grades. As jefe said,"LET IT GO". At least in Class.

Behind the scenes form allies among the few Students who can still think for themselves and see through the BS.

Do all you can behind the scenes to expose the "Hate, Blame and Tear down American Culture" that has infested Academia.
They are destroying this Country one Class at a time buy implanting Guilt and Fear in white male Students.
At the same time they are hammering it into minorities and woman that they are victims, are owed something and need Government to ensure they get what they are owed.

Progressives are dividing this Country but a few like you are waking up to it. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I came to Psu because I'm able to get the most bang for my buck with the gi bill.... Maybe I miscalculated.

As a white male I definitely feel like a target. Should I feel sorry about the fact that everything I own and have earned was through MY OWN hard work? I am not some privileged brat like many Psu drones are. I am for equality but that doesn't mean dragging down white males.

Convert an ar on a form one? can you clarify what this means?
Before May of 1986, it was legal to convert a semiauto ar-15, Uzi, or many other guns to full auto. All you you had to do was fill out a Form 1 and pay $200 for a tax stamp to the ATF. The conversion process could be done after the paperwork was approved and stamp received. The same process used now to make an SBR.

The Machine gun registry was closed in May 1986, so no Form 1 machine guns since then.

I think that your professor's comments are very telling...about her biases.

I thought your exposure of the inaccuracies in the text was an interesting choice, but you could have "pitched" it more as how inaccurate information about firearms and violence has a negative impact on public health. You were very close to doing that, and it would have been a better fit with the requirements of the assignment. Of course, it might not have changed your grade one iota.

The fact that completely inaccurate information about firearms and violence was used in a textbook does not surprise me, nor does your professor's response to your essay. The progressive paradigm in education is that indoctrination in the "correct" way of thinking trumps the trivial benefit of learning the truth. After all, as the post-modernists argue, all "truth" is relative and dependent on your personal history.

A lot of college graduates (and I'm one, times three) go out into the world and discover that reality isn't what their professors taught them. It sounds like you won't be one of them.

Jim

Here's my $0.02, I have a BS in Electrical Engineering, and an MBA from, both from the University of Portland. During my 6 years, I found that professors aren't as "unbiased" as they should be. They assign a paper or a speech with a given prompt, sometimes this prompt can be a pro or con argument, but the professor always has an angle.

There's numerous studies showing that liberal views increase with education, this is especially true with professors that, for the most part, hold doctoral degrees in some stupid liberal art. Please note the "liberal" term right before "art". Professors aren't the highest paid in the world, typically, they are paid around $80k. Some may say that's high, but for the amount time and money spent on receiving a doctorate degree, it's very low. A professor is usually teaching because they can't get a better job in the private sector, or they want to push their liberal agenda.

I found that it was easiest not to rock the boat, as you're not going to convince them to change their view. In most cases, your grade will suffer if you try to go against their views. My personal preference was to figure out what they're looking for, and BS to high heaven.

I know it seems like a sellout, but what are you going to achieve? The professor will more than likely ding your grades, and you are not going to influence someone that has achieved "enlightenment" with their 10 years of post high school education.

You hit this one square on.

"A professor is usually teaching because they can't get a better job in the private sector, or they want to push their liberal agenda."

Too physically lazy to work for a living and, or too brainwashed in Marxism/Communism and have to inflict their misery and to try to cram their agendas down the throats of the Young that have not yet learned to fight back. That mentality is dominant in most colleges and universities now, and no one does a damned thing to stop it. Just continue to let them destroy the nation in incremental steps until it is destroyed and their ilk gains control. When the country finally crashes they need to be the first taken down. They are the cause of it.

You hit this one square on.

"A professor is usually teaching because they can't get a better job in the private sector, or they want to push their liberal agenda."

Too physically lazy to work for a living and, or too brainwashed in Marxism/Communism and have to inflict their misery and to try to cram their agendas down the throats of the Young that have not yet learned to fight back. That mentality is dominant in most colleges and universities now, and no one does a damned thing to stop it. Just continue to let them destroy the nation in incremental steps until it is destroyed and their ilk gains control. When the country finally crashes they need to be the first taken down. They are the cause of it.

You sir are a true patriot but are probably thought of as a rebel, anarchist, or dare I say "domestic terrorist". It's sickening what's happening across the board to change society into a defenseless herd of sheep.

I think that your professor's comments are very telling...about her biases.

I thought your exposure of the inaccuracies in the text was an interesting choice, but you could have "pitched" it more as how inaccurate information about firearms and violence has a negative impact on public health. You were very close to doing that, and it would have been a better fit with the requirements of the assignment. Of course, it might not have changed your grade one iota.

The fact that completely inaccurate information about firearms and violence was used in a textbook does not surprise me, nor does your professor's response to your essay. The progressive paradigm in education is that indoctrination in the "correct" way of thinking trumps the trivial benefit of learning the truth. After all, as the post-modernists argue, all "truth" is relative and dependent on your personal history.

A lot of college graduates (and I'm one, times three) go out into the world and discover that reality isn't what their professors taught them. It sounds like you won't be one of them.

Jim

I feel like I should apologize for thinking critically of the subject material. I'm not arguing against plate tectonics here!

You sir are a true patriot but are probably thought of as a rebel, anarchist, or dare I say "domestic terrorist". It's sickening what's happening across the board to change society into a defenseless herd of sheep.

It might just surprise you how big the gonads on some of those sheep are. :)
bighorn-sheep-fight.jpg

It appears a logical argument against a blatant falsehood is considered 'hate speech'

I also like the comment 'no one else is comprehending to information like you are'

Umm, duh? That is precisely the malleable type of mind the world of liberalism demands. Independent thought must be crushed if ultimate control is to be achieved.

We are doomed and truly beyond the point of no return. The truth has become a lie and the lie has become the truth.

This is happening way before higher education. The same liberal less educated individuals, aka they don't possess doctoral degrees, are the one's teaching our children for 13 years.

Education is a tertiary goal at best in any public school, falling in somewhere after indoctrination and takin' care of the Teacher's Union. Realistically, education will be near the bottom of the top 10. You are there to get a piece of paper that is needed to get an interview. Resist indoctrination as a grey man, you will have to educate yourself as your professors lack the skills and knowledge, and that's how real education happens anyway. You are truly behind enemy lines...

Education is a tertiary goal at best in any public school, falling in somewhere after indoctrination and takin' care of the Teacher's Union. Realistically, education will be near the bottom of the top 10. You are there to get a piece of paper that is needed to get an interview. Resist indoctrination as a grey man, you will have to educate yourself as your professors lack the skills and knowledge, and that's how real education happens anyway. You are truly behind enemy lines...

This is a lot of doom and gloom but there is some truth to it. I will have to give teachers some credit though because there are some out there that are truly great teachers. However, PSU doesn't seem to attract teachers with thinking abilities....

This is a lot of doom and gloom but there is some truth to it. I will have to give teachers some credit though because there are some out there that are truly great teachers. However, PSU doesn't seem to attract teachers with thinking abilities....

I've met teachers at PSU who have thinking abilities - just not in the "squishy sciences" (Sociology, Economics, History, etc.). For that matter, even the science faculty is pretty monotonic when it comes to political views - just ask any of them about "Global Climate Change" or nationalizing health insurance.

The fact is that academia actively punishes conservative thought, not only in the classroom, but also in the faculty lounge. Nobody who has expressed conservative views will EVER get tenure, although that won't be the reason brought out at the tenure committee meeting - they'll say that their "engagement with the community" is insufficient or that they show "inadequate concern for creating a safe and accepting learning environment".

Face it, there is no way to change the liberal slant in US colleges and universities because nobody can get on the permanent faculty without being "vetted" by their liberal "elders". It's a self-perpetuating system that won't change without being completely dismantled.

Jim

Sorry - I'm too durned old to sugarcoat it, and the sooner you know the better.

I've met teachers at PSU who have thinking abilities - just not in the "squishy sciences" (Sociology, Economics, History, etc.). For that matter, even the science faculty is pretty monotonic when it comes to political views - just ask any of them about "Global Climate Change" or nationalizing health insurance.

The fact is that academia actively punishes conservative thought, not only in the classroom, but also in the faculty lounge. Nobody who has expressed conservative views will EVER get tenure, although that won't be the reason brought out at the tenure committee meeting - they'll say that their "engagement with the community" is insufficient or that they show "inadequate concern for creating a safe and accepting learning environment".

Face it, there is no way to change the liberal slant in US colleges and universities because nobody can get on the permanent faculty without being "vetted" by their liberal "elders". It's a self-perpetuating system that won't change without being completely dismantled.

Jim
odds.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews