JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is tempting to get pragmatic when faced with such a deep problem...

I say deep because your situation is a small example of our society's war on truth and reason. The universities are the purveyors of it. For example, no longer can you present factual data and expect that to settle an issue. Facts don't matter. What matters is adherence to the orthodoxy of modern liberalism, which includes the belief that traditional constitutional rights have been superseded.

Because modern liberalism is a crypto-religion masquerading as a democratic force, anyone who opposes it -- even on the basis of facts -- is considered a heretic. Try as you might to persuade them with reason and sensibility, you soon discover that they are not interested in getting at the truth but in maintaining a belief.

The outrage is that the people who owe you intellectual honesty are in fact trying to proselytize you. In so doing they put you in a quandary -- such is the result of abuse of power.

Continue to fight for the truth, but do it in the craftiest way you can muster. Get advice from people who have shrewd, political savvy. Set up interviews on the online radio stations. Get friends together to start panning the textbook on Amazon. Buy the domain name of the textbook and then fill the website with a long list of its distortion. But always, of course, be respectful and kind to persons.

It is tempting to get pragmatic when faced with such a deep problem...

I say deep because your situation is a small example of our society's war on truth and reason. The universities are the purveyors of it. For example, no longer can you present factual data and expect that to settle an issue. Facts don't matter. What matters is adherence to the orthodoxy of modern liberalism, which includes the belief that traditional constitutional rights have been superseded.

Because modern liberalism is a crypto-religion masquerading as a democratic force, anyone who opposes it -- even on the basis of facts -- is considered a heretic. Try as you might to persuade them with reason and sensibility, you soon discover that they are not interested in getting at the truth but in maintaining a belief.

The outrage is that the people who owe you intellectual honesty are in fact trying to proselytize you. In so doing they put you in a quandary -- such is the result of abuse of power.

Continue to fight for the truth, but do it in the craftiest way you can muster. Get advice from people who have shrewd, political savvy. Set up interviews on the online radio stations. Get friends together to start panning the textbook on Amazon. Buy the domain name of the textbook and then fill the website with a long list of its distortion. But always, of course, be respectful and kind to persons.

I believe this is the best advice regarding my essay that I've received. Thank you for taking the time to formulate this response and advice. I am aware that my essay is proportionally a stone on a river bank but it goes along with leading a honest, intelligent, and moral lifestyle. I do choose my battles tactically and won't let something like this go in a direction that can be used against me. In fact, this essay will probably just be forgotten but I have at least learned what the "higher education system" is capable of and what to expect.

Even to the base of this issue is the fact that violence statistics ought to not matter when trying to comprehend what the point of the 2nd amendment. It's fortunate and good that the statistics brought to us by very reliable sources, CDC and FBI, suggests that gun control is in fact a health problem. However, even it wasn't the basic fact is that the 2nd amendment is there to protect OUR HUMAN RIGHTS.

Let it be known that I would rather die than give up any human right or liberty that has been granted to Americans.

On a side note, yesterday during class a video of models informing their audience of the violence and death in Africa. Their message wasn't clear so I asked the same professor what the point of their speech was. She told me that I didn't comprehend the message but I quickly interjected to elaborate what I meant. What I meant was the following:

- Africa can not be helped through foreign loans and grants
- Extremist militant groups and corrupt governments are the root of their problems such as Boko Haram, ISIS, among others
- Their message will not significantly help anyone in Africa

The class quieted down, including the professor, and I could feel the judgement and confusion. Of course the class continued after the class with no more mention of African people.

What I learned was that most Liberals are not actually wanting to help anyone. They are simply acting upon emotions that drives them to fill their emotional pitt with actions that are only meant to ease their own false empathy. I would like to ask the actors within the speech how many would like to go to fund raise money so that we could equip each other sufficiently to target the corrupt and vile leadership within Nigeria and beyond. I believe not one would take me seriously or even be interested. They will just continue to fill their own empathy pitts by falsely believing that sending rice, dried milk, and crap medicine to Africa will go into the hands of the needy instead of the militias. Maybe we should just organize a group to travel to South Africa to build a house within a "safe area" that doesn't even need one.

I'm fed up with the hypocrisy. I pray for more truth and understanding to take foot within our own borders and beyond.

The video you describe is symptomatic of a larger problem with liberals (and not a few conservatives): the need to feel "engaged" in a problem without actually doing anything.

My "favorite" example of this is the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker - it shows that the "wearer" has the "proper" awareness and concern over world events and marks them as a member of the liberal "caring" community but has exactly zero impact on Tibetan freedom.

Likewise the faddish "ice bucket challenges", which raised community awareness of the existence of a number of minor politicians and celebrities, but had essentially zero impact on ALS research or care of ALS sufferers. It did, however, make people feel like they were doing something.

This, I've found, is the core of the liberal worldview: it is more important to care and to feel than it is to do anything. Unless, of course, what they do is tax rich, unfeeling and uncaring companies and individuals and spend that money on projects that make the liberals feel good about caring.

It's all an illusion - if the liberals feel good, they think they are doing good, regardless of the outcome.

Jim

The video you describe is symptomatic of a larger problem with liberals (and not a few conservatives): the need to feel "engaged" in a problem without actually doing anything.

My "favorite" example of this is the "Free Tibet" bumper sticker - it shows that the "wearer" has the "proper" awareness and concern over world events and marks them as a member of the liberal "caring" community but has exactly zero impact on Tibetan freedom.

Likewise the faddish "ice bucket challenges", which raised community awareness of the existence of a number of minor politicians and celebrities, but had essentially zero impact on ALS research or care of ALS sufferers. It did, however, make people feel like they were doing something.

This, I've found, is the core of the liberal worldview: it is more important to care and to feel than it is to do anything. Unless, of course, what they do is tax rich, unfeeling and uncaring companies and individuals and spend that money on projects that make the liberals feel good about caring.

It's all an illusion - if the liberals feel good, they think they are doing good, regardless of the outcome.

Jim

Precisely what I'm saying. The same people that are always preaching more resources and care for the homeless also tend to be the people that refuse to engage and talk with homeless people. Just another observation of the backwardness of some people.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top