JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never been to this place but have driven by it all the time since my girlfriend lives nearby. From the surveillance vid it looks like no one hangs out there after the 2nd time it was robbed.
Very sad to see this continue and I hope the next time this loser attempts to commit armed robbery there is someone carrying concealed that is willing to put him down:mad:
Police searching for suspect after armed robbery at NE Portland restaurant

That is a good argument for incorporating various restaurant scenarios into one's training plan.

Only props needed is a folding table, folding chair, and plastic barrels (to represent other people that may be in the way), and a threat target.

Drawing from a sitting position is not as easy as some might think.

Remember to practice with dry-firing before going live.

That place is quite the dive, we've been there a couple of times. We like a dive bar and eatery though if the service and food is good.....A little video poker, couple of drinks and eat. That place has "Career Gamblers". The ones that sit at the machines for an hour, take two machines, leave to smoke for 20 minutes. There were people tent camping in the back lot and a bonus of being right on the bus/train line. The food and service was decent, not very expensive for what you got. I feel bad for the owners of the place. Hard working people that the City of Portland leave swinging in the wind with their lack of action on transit related crime.

Are any of you old enough to remember the after dark reputation of the Albina district back in the 60s and 70s???

Sheldon

Hell, I move to Portland June 7th 1983. We rented a house at 2729 NE Sumner. 15th and Alberta was the center of "Crack Alley". I lived just 13 blocks from that. Couldn't leave a quart of oil on the porch for three days without it being stolen. I was burglarized three times in three weeks.

Now look at it!!

Hell, I move to Portland June 7th 1983. We rented a house at 2729 NE Sumner. 15th and Alberta was the center of "Crack Alley". I lived just 13 blocks from that. Couldn't leave a quart of oil on the porch for three days without it being stolen. I was burglarized three times in three weeks.

Now look at it!!
Three times in three weeks? I never saw that in Tigard! Damn that sucks.

Now look at it!!
Yep, and remember you could buy all the houses you wanted for $5.000 a piece. Worked for a guy doing maintenance work who owned over 200 houses. I was a little bit leery of going to work for him but he told me they don't bother the maintenance people. They know if they do then nothing will get fixed from then on in. Never had a problem but it was still a different world. I have definitely been in situations over the years(like ending up at a biker party in a tuxedo) that today make me think how I made it this far.

Yep, and remember you could buy all the houses you wanted for $5.000 a piece. Worked for a guy doing maintenance work who owned over 200 houses. I was a little bit leery of going to work for him but he told me they don't bother the maintenance people. They know if they do then nothing will get fixed from then on in. Never had a problem but it was still a different world. I have definitely been in situations over the years(like ending up at a biker party in a tuxedo) that today make me think how I made it this far.
Lol!!!!!!
That's some funny sheeet there! Lol

I stopped reading at 82nd, I used to/ occassionally still do drive 82nd between jobs, man if there was ever a strip of road that instantly changes your perception of your life.

Anytime I feel like I need my shet together or I don't have it all I make that drive. By the time i get from clackamas to airport way I'm feeling like a king.

What's should be more surprising is if you go to a restaurant on 82nd, and it doesn't get robbed while your there.

I stopped reading at 82nd, I used to/ occassionally still do drive 82nd between jobs, man if there was ever a strip of road that instantly changes your perception of your life.

Anytime I feel like I need my shet together or I don't have it all I make that drive. By the time i get from clackamas to airport way I'm feeling like a king.

What's should be more surprising is if you go to a restaurant on 82nd, and it doesn't get robbed while your there.
Lol!!!!!

Three times in three weeks? I never saw that in Tigard! Damn that sucks.

Long story short.....Same dude all three times. I insisted they come for prints, off glass from bedroom window and bathtub below bathroom window. He got busted. Went to trial. Served 18 months of a 5 year sentence for burglaries/identity theft. Then came the PDX jail "over crowding" thing with him being interviewed by the news as they were all being released and coming out as the steel door was going up. He was "Tired of cheese sandwiches".

5 years later.....With a new hip replacement and walking with a cane, he was confronted by a home owner when she came home from work in her breezeway between garage and house with a bag of her freshly burgled belongings. He didn't stop, she shot him dead. Kevin Anthony Anderson lived with his mother five blocks from me.

Long story short.....Same dude all three times. I insisted they come for prints, off glass from bedroom window and bathtub below bathroom window. He got busted. Went to trial. Served 18 months of a 5 year sentence for burglaries/identity theft. Then came the PDX jail "over crowding" thing with him being interviewed by the news as they were all being released and coming out as the steel door was going up. He was "Tired of cheese sandwiches".

5 years later.....With a new hip replacement and walking with a cane, he was confronted by a home owner when she came home from work in her breezeway between garage and house with a bag of her freshly burgled belongings. He didn't stop, she shot him dead. Kevin Anthony Anderson lived with his mother five blocks from me.
You got some great stories lately. Lol! Cheese sandwich and new hip with cane! Classic. He was a committed burglar.

I drive that stretch of 82nd instead of the freeway when I'm down that way. The miserable Portland drivers combined with the miserable Washington divers on 205 make the 82nd drive easier!

You got some great stories lately. Lol! Cheese sandwich and new hip with cane! Classic. He was a committed burglar.

Gawd, it does sound made up doesn't it? It's true though! I tried to contact the gal the put that dog down, didn't push it though and never talked to her. All I wanted to do was help her know she did a service to the people of Portland.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews