JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you recall what media outlet has the best take on it ?

Well well well...Could Mayor Wheeler have overlooked an overwhelming incompetence question with his candidate to further his political correctness agenda ?

Has anyone one else heard about this ?

Hillarious...I live a couple of miles from Oakland. Thank God I'm on an island as water's a great barrier. As I recall Outlaw resigned in disgrace over her role in the cover up scandal involving officers passing around a teenage prostitute who was the daughter of a police dispatcher. Reminds me of the CEO of my former emloyer. He ran the biggest LTL freight company in the country into the ground and went straight into running the ship line my buddy works for!

Really should edit this post for misinformation. I'm fully in the camp that this was a hire to pander to the Portland libs. But I'm pretty sure your "recollection" is wrong

Really should edit this post for misinformation. I'm fully in the camp that this was a hire to pander to the Portland libs. But I'm pretty sure your "recollection" is wrong
You're right. My mistake. She never made chief and apparently hasn't been caught up in the scandel.

You're right. My mistake. She never made chief and apparently hasn't been caught up in the scandel.

Awesome!

We wouldn't want to be purveyors of fake news;)

Now on to what is wrong with how our city hires candidates. Its been demonstrated time and time again that rather than hire the right candidate for the job, they would rather check boxes instead.

While I would like to give the new chief the benefit of the doubt, in today's environment of "equity" "diversity" etc; hiring a man of any sort wouldn't have appeased the masses. It's clearly a political move to generate a feel good story. Its how libs operate.

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread the wording of the job description. Based on that alone, if I was white or male the chances of being hired were slim to none.

Now if outlaw proves me wrong and produces results, I would like to think that I would be humble enough to admit I was wrong like Al did in his retraction

I will be the first person to hire upon qualifications, not what the person is. I'd almost like to do blind interviews. However, in the wake of the current Portland Climate, environment, are we really able to hire on qualifications? It seems because of the PC crowd out there, and the big push along main stream to be more diverse, we ignore the qualified just to make a diversity quota. If we hired the best person for Police chief, and the person was a Male, White, and 30yr history, maybe a few scratches, but had a big sheet on all the great things he did in his past career, I don't think Portland citizens and Portland left wing groups would approve. Its more about Going with the flow of the new crowd,. and letting the citizens do what they want.

example, Gov Brown just decriminalized Drug possession, meth / heroin. She dumbed it down to a misdemeanor, why, cause the Police and some officals think it hampers citizens ability to get a job and get housing. Again, going with the flow.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top