JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
After nearly hitting a few of our noble homeless over the last couple years, I do too.
There's this one homeless woman that covers herself in black grease head to toe fully, not sure how she doesn't die in the sun, but I nearly almost her her during the night. She lives around the trains and nearly scared me half to death when all I saw was eyes as teeth

If you haven't seen the news in last decade being neutered is a big problem for California and PNW.
So you're saying people have no balls because they care about protecting the land they live on, their homes, their animals and their livelihoods from damages from irresponsible explosive use?

I'll never understand the concept that people lack "balls" for being responsible pragmatic adults. And yet we're supposed to respect the belligerent "freedumb" patriot that just has to have their sparklers and doesn't care how it effects anyone else…I think not.

The parallels between fireworks bans and gun control, are actually pretty good. Decades of mismanagement and bad policy by lawmakers create a bad situation, call for restrictions on citizens.

I live on the Willamette and every year it's a firework-a-palooza from 9-midnight. We loved it before we got the dog, now we tend to head for the mountains over the 4th.

Proper firework usage isn't like gun control, it's more like polite and safe range etiquette.

And yes, we had bottle rocket wars in the parking lot at lunchtime in high school. Quite irresponsible, but fun. I'd equate it to as dangerous as a bb-gun war. Yes you could easily lose your eye, but mostly it was just welts.

Not all "fireworks" are created EQUAL. And sometimes they aren't even used in a "responsible manner" (BTW, try to define responsible manner).

STORY TIME.

I came from Honolulu, Hawaii. Where growing up, the New Years celebration with fireworks was FUN. BTW....in case you didn't know, the New Years Celebration is a bigger deal vs. the 4th of July.

Back then, there was no specific time frame when fireworks could be sold. As a kid we played and had lot's of FUN with fireworks. Blowing up stuff, throwing lit ones and having roman candle fights. Yeah....we also made "homemade" fireworks bombs etc....

Anyway.....I can remember as I grew older, I was able to drive. And there was that time when I went to a high point/over look in order to see the city below in all of it's glory during the celebrations. The smoke was everywhere and it collected sort of like in the bottom of a bowl (yeah....depending on the wind conditions). It was sort of a "blanket" of smoke had covered the city. The rockets could be clearly seen, coming up from the smoke and high into the sky. Where they landed? I suspect that nobody cared.

Note that: It started with a city ordinance and has expanded. Today, it's section HRS132D-1 Firework Control Law.

Anyway......the population of the city grew as the years went by. People would complain about the smoke and how it was affecting their ability to breathe.

Yeah.....I can see their point. Ideally....doing something legal.....should not result in causing someone else HARM.

BUT that being said. When I left in 2005, there was still plenty of illegal fireworks activity going on. From those that violated the time frame in which firework could be legally sold or set off. To the types of fireworks sold. To the sellers and the conditions under which the fireworks were stored. It was all about the MONEY.

And of course, there were those households that have access to the illegal aerial fireworks that have continued to set them off. Even though Oahu is an Island? Yup, that didn't stop the illegal importation of fireworks. Rrrrright....I have another long story about trying to enforce THE AERIAL FIREWOKS LAW. But F@#* It.

Believe me....the Police were busy with complaints. I got stories about the "complaint cards" that disappeared and calls that weren't responded to.

So then.....I now live in Vancouver, WA. I can remember that when I first moved here. A couple of hours (and also some days later) after the 4th of July celebrations. Well.......I've found the debris from aerial rockets in my yard and on the top of the roof (not a metal roof) of my home. I can only shake my head and hope that it had all burnt out before falling back to earth.

Threatening, shooting, injuring, harming with a firearm is one thing. Though with fireworks, it's more problematic.
Rrrright.....there are LAWS. But then/So then, how and when does one get held responsible for their illegal activity? Especially if/when, the effort is never made?

Yup.....too many laws and not enough cops. And/Or......when do the Politicians get the hint?

What if : Imagine the next Police involved/related death over an attempt to enforce a fireworks law?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The parallels between fireworks bans and gun control, are actually pretty good. Decades of mismanagement and bad policy by lawmakers create a bad situation, call for restrictions on citizens.
I bet you're going to chewelah...

i'm not going to lie, I looked at maps and am surprised there is a Safeway there now... o_O

i'm not going to lie, I looked at maps and am surprised there is a Safeway there now... o_O

I'll be in Idaho with family for the 4th. They still let people do things, and somehow the state is still there.

And there's been a Safeway in Chewelah as long as I can remember. My mom has a picture of me as a small child there dressed up in my Sunday best around 1983 or so. Not sure why she picked the Chewelah Safeway for the photo op. o_O

I'll be in Idaho with family for the 4th. They still let people do things, and somehow the state is still there.

And there's been a Safeway in Chewelah as long as I can remember. My mom has a picture of me as a small child there dressed up in my Sunday best around 1983 or so. Not sure why she picked the Chewelah Safeway for the photo op. o_O

Double-tap on a gun forum. Quaint. :D

Unintentional. Don't tell the AFT. My dog looks worried.
t27mjyqhv9211.jpg

I'm surprised it's not a rosauers honestly, but i never remembered there being one there. More often than not it was a place to drive through to someplace else and the grand parents always said "remember when..."

Not all "fireworks" are created EQUAL. And sometimes they aren't even used in a "responsible manner" (BTW, try to define responsible manner).

STORY TIME.

I came from Honolulu, Hawaii. Where growing up, the New Years celebration with fireworks was FUN. BTW....in case you didn't know, the New Years Celebration is a bigger deal vs. the 4th of July.

Back then, there was no specific time frame when fireworks could be sold. As a kid we played and had lot's of FUN with fireworks. Blowing up stuff, throwing lit ones and having roman candle fights. Yeah....we also made "homemade" fireworks bombs etc....

Anyway.....I can remember as I grew older, I was able to drive. And there was that time when I went to a high point/over look in order to see the city below in all of it's glory during the celebrations. The smoke was everywhere and it collected sort of like in the bottom of a bowl (yeah....depending on the wind conditions). It was sort of a "blanket" of smoke had covered the city. The rockets could be clearly seen, coming up from the smoke and high into the sky. Where they landed? I suspect that nobody cared.

Note that: It started with a city ordinance and has expanded. Today, it's section HRS132D-1 Firework Control Law.

Anyway......the population of the city grew as the years went by. People would complain about the smoke and how it was affecting their ability to breathe.

Yeah.....I can see their point. Ideally....doing something legal.....should not result in causing someone else HARM.

BUT that being said. When I left in 2005, there was still plenty of illegal fireworks activity going on. From those that violated the time frame in which firework could be legally sold or set off. To the types of fireworks sold. To the sellers and the conditions under which the fireworks were stored. It was all about the MONEY.

And of course, there were those households that have access to the illegal aerial fireworks that have continued to set them off. Even though Oahu is an Island? Yup, that didn't stop the illegal importation of fireworks. Rrrrright....I have another long story about trying to enforce THE AERIAL FIREWOKS LAW. But F@#* It.

Believe me....the Police were busy with complaints. I got stories about the "complaint cards" that disappeared and calls that weren't responded to.

So then.....I now live in Vancouver, WA. I can remember that when I first moved here. A couple of hours (and also some days later) after the 4th of July celebrations. Well.......I've found the debris from aerial rockets in my yard and on the top of the roof (not a metal roof) of my home. I can only shake my head and hope that it had all burnt out before falling back to earth.

Threatening, shooting, injuring, harming with a firearm is one thing. Though with fireworks, it's more problematic.
Rrrright.....there are LAWS. But then/So then, how and when does one get held responsible for their illegal activity? Especially if/when, the effort is never made?

Yup.....too many laws and not enough cops. And/Or......when do the Politicians get the hint?

What if : Imagine the next Police involved/related death over an attempt to enforce a fireworks law?

Aloha, Mark
I lived close to Waikiki in the 70's and that smoke..!

I didn't read thread so this was probably said earlier but bans, and anything else in portland, is meaningless now because there is no enforcement. "don't call 911 to report fireworks", "fireworks are still for sale", "will not be enforcing the ban". Total joke that no one is going to take seriously. Why do they bother? Portland has even publicly stated they have stopped enforcing traffic laws for the most part now.

"Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty, an outspoken critic of the police bureau and of the mayor's management of the city's police, offered her support for the new policy.

"Historically, across the nation and here in Portland, traffic stops have led to unjustified police violence," Hardesty wrote in a statement, noting that people of color are disproportionately at risk of being killed during traffic stops. "Even less-violent encounters have contributed to a feeling of being profiled and thus losing trust in law enforcement — feelings supported by the data."

She called Tuesday's announcement a "significant change that will advance the cause of racial justice in policing."

Just for future reference...Please post only a link to anything the potland Crypt keeper council woman spews so no one inadvertently reads what comes out of that mouth of hers.

Thank you

I already put the newest troll to the forum on ignore.

I have had my remarks removed by admins. I dont understand why they dont remove the obvious troll from the forum.

IP blocks work great.
Man, you let yourself get hooked!

Either way soon you'll be posting to an empty room when me and others get tired of the skewed noise to signal ratio.

This right here ^^ is the most satisfying outcome in these situations. :s0033:

"freedumb"
Just some things to consider here...

When words or phrases like the one quoted are used...many times the reply will be less than helpful for actual discussion.

The use of words like the one quoted may paint a far different picture of you , that what actually you are.

Also they cause your message or point to be missed , due to the dislike of / condescending nature of that word or phrase.

And finally , use of words like "freedumb" are no different than "Libtard" or the like...both are insulting and promote divisiveness on the forum and in the thread.

Again just some things to think about....
Andy

When words or phrases like the one quoted are used...many times the reply will be less than helpful for actual discussion.

The use of words like the one quoted may paint a far different picture of you , that what actually you are.

Also they cause your message or point to be missed , due to the dislike of / condescending nature of that word or phrase.

And finally , use of words like "freedumb" are no different than "Libtard" or the like...both are insulting and promote divisiveness on the forum and in the thread.

Again just some things to think about....
Andy
You'll have to forgive me if it's hard to take your advice seriously. The amount of anti liberal talk in these threads is basically endless. This is clearly not a liberal friendly site to say otherwise seems just untrue. Just something to think about. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to consider my words.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top