JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You'll have to forgive me if it's hard to take your advice seriously. The amount of anti liberal talk in these threads is basically endless. This is clearly not a liberal friendly site to say otherwise seems just untrue. Just something to think about. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to consider my words.
It would be in your best interest to take my advice seriously....However do as you wish and understand that the results you get...might not be the one's you want.
( As in more divisiveness , name calling , ignoring , less conversation , etc.... )

Be that as it may...
We have a "Report" button...for posts and threads that may be problematic.
These reports do get looked into...and are often worked on , by more than one moderator , so as to try and find the best outcome for all involved.

Also there is the ignore feature which may be helpful
Andy

It would be in your best interest to take my advice seriously....However do as you wish and understand that the results you get...might not be the one's you want.

Be that as it may...
We have a "Report" button...for posts and threads that may be problematic.
These reports do get looked into...are are often worked on , by more than one moderator , so as to try and find the best outcome for all involved.

Also there is the ignore feature which may be helpful
Andy
Oh don't you worry, I'll be using that report button "liberally." And thanks I do as always plan to do as I please and speak I please. As far as I'm concerned I've been overly friendly and generally very respectful. If someone wants to respond with what amounts to a joke response, sarcasm, just plain rude and insulting I tend not to respond in kind but simply point out their "freedumb" is not a catch all for bad behavior and doing as they please. I'm least of your worries of bad actors if what I see on these forums continues to stay up. Ten pages of anti lib, clearly just at the edge or racist, anti immigrant, list goes on. I'm a respectful man and trust me not gonna be a problem for ya. You have a great day!

Oh don't you worry, I'll be using that report button "liberally." And thanks I do as always plan to do as I please and speak I please. As far as I'm concerned I've been overly friendly and generally very respectful. If someone wants to respond with what amounts to a joke response, sarcasm, just plain rude and insulting I tend not to respond in kind but simply point out their "freedumb" is not a catch all for bad behavior and doing as they please. I'm least of your worries of bad actors if what I see on these forums continues to stay up. Ten pages of anti lib, clearly just at the edge or racist, anti immigrant, list goes on. I'm a respectful man and trust me not gonna be a problem for ya. You have a great day!
Well good luck....I can see that my posts here are not helping.
Don't bother answering this ...as I don't want to clog up the thread with useless posts.
Andy

Well good luck....I can see that my posts here are not helping.
Don't bother answering this ...as I don't want to clog up the thread with useless posts.
Andy
With all due respect if your concern was not clogging the thread much like any conversation between an authority somewhere and a guest private would
Probably have been your best bet to start with. A PM would have been great over a public talking too.

You'll have to forgive me if it's hard to take your advice seriously. The amount of anti liberal talk in these threads is basically endless. This is clearly not a liberal friendly site to say otherwise seems just untrue. Just something to think about. But thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to consider my words.
Your wrong. There are plenty of people here that have liberal, and conservative leanings that are welcomed on this site. I am one of them. I didn't come here to challenge people that have a different view than I may have. Coming on this site and going against the basic grain won't make you any friends here. And baiting people by contradicting post after post, after post is just silly. Like elementary schoolers picking on classmates. In the end it's your choice, but it's not productive to keep telling people they are wrong. Or? Are you here just to stir the pot and troll for responses, and getting threads locked? If that's the case, I should hope the members will ignore you until you go away! :rolleyes:

Your wrong. There are plenty of people here that have liberal, and conservative leanings that are welcomed on this site. I am one of them. I didn't come here to challenge people that have a different view than I may have. Coming on this site and going against the basic grain won't make you any friends here. And baiting people by contradicting post after post, after post is just silly. Like elementary schoolers picking on classmates. In the end it's your choice, but it's not productive to keep telling people they are wrong. Or? Are you here just to stir the pot and troll for responses, and getting threads locked? If that's the case, I should hope the members will ignore you until you go away! :rolleyes:
I'm not. But thanks for the opinion. I respectfully disagree.

I'm not. But thanks for the opinion. I respectfully disagree.
Now see?....This is what I'm talking about. I didn't ask for an opinion, or for you to agree with me. Yet you come back anyway? This, and 120 posts, many argumentative, in less that 48 hours just screams "Troll".
You do you, good luck!

Now see?....This is what I'm talking about. I didn't ask for an opinion, or for you to agree with me. Yet you come back anyway? This, and 120 posts, many argumentative, in less that 48 hours just screams "Troll".
You do you, good luck!
Not sure how not to laugh at this logic.

I know this is off-topic, but it's the way the discussion is headed.

WalkingTall, I'm one of the more liberal members here, and most of what you say about the environment here is correct, and obvious from our point of view. This is not a liberal-friendly site; mostly from the obvious cross-section of users here (and in the gun community at large) having conservative views. I can vouch for the management's commitment and effort to make this a site friendly to all, but there are significant challenges in that effort just due to the reality of the firearm community at large. Being here as a liberal requires a lot of patience, thick skin, and calm demeanor. I've seen a lot of liberal folks come and go, and those who take an adversarial tone are berated and ignored. There's no wrong way to do it, but if you want to engage in meaningful conversation here as a liberal (or really even as a centrist), you'll need to be shrugging off a lot of loosely-veiled abuse and demeaning comments. It can be a tough line to walk between maintaining your convictions and trying to be respectful, and it's not always worth it. But if you want to be here, that's what it will take. If you don't want to be here, and are just intending to pass through like a wrecking ball of convicted self-truth, well there will probably be four or five of us who don't put you on the ignore list. :) Welcome, regardless.

I know this is off-topic, but it's the way the discussion is headed.

WalkingTall, I'm one of the more liberal members here, and most of what you say about the environment here is correct, and obvious from our point of view. This is not a liberal-friendly site; mostly from the obvious cross-section of users here (and in the gun community at large) having conservative views. I can vouch for the management's commitment and effort to make this a site friendly to all, but there are significant challenges in that effort just due to the reality of the firearm community at large. Being here as a liberal requires a lot of patience, thick skin, and calm demeanor. I've seen a lot of liberal folks come and go, and those who take an adversarial tone are berated and ignored. There's no wrong way to do it, but if you want to engage in meaningful conversation here as a liberal (or really even as a centrist), you'll need to be shrugging off a lot of loosely-veiled abuse and demeaning comments. It can be a tough line to walk between maintaining your convictions and trying to be respectful, and it's not always worth it. But if you want to be here, that's what it will take. If you don't want to be here, and are just intending to pass through like a wrecking ball of convicted self-truth, well there will probably be four or five of us who don't put you on the ignore list. :) Welcome, regardless.
Thanks, I have no intent to be a bad actor here. It's kind of laughable that a differing in opinion from straight 2A die hard, including fireworks, and 100% freedom to do anything I disagree with attitude, is instantly a troll. The first the day I was here a long time member called me a pedophile. Fair the moderation did handle it, but let's be real here I read plenty before joining and the whole we're a folksy good old boys club thing just comes off as ignorant, kinda racial, and often crude. I don't care for Pelosi either, but damn the way these guys talk about women… that's a no from me. I'm sure the mods have their handful, but the report buttons doesn't do any good if no one is against the bad actors behavior. Or they just like the post instead of take it down when it clearly breaks a rule. I'm gonna have different opinions than people here, if that makes me a troll. Ban me. Not a big deal. But on the other hand they could maybe just say I don't agre but welcome. That isn't the case so far by half, some have been great to talk to and I hope to talk more with them including you. But I am not here to start trouble, if I trouble some maybe they need to look at themselves first.

Last Edited:
Here is a thought for you, back a few pages you professed to wanting to be a woodsie person rather than a townie. Working in the woods is hard, heavy, and dangerous work. Everyone has to pull their own weight and get along. Yes we come from different back grounds and have different views of things. Bigger than that we all want to get the job done and get home safe. From what I see here, you'd be left on the landing and have a long walk home. No matter how how right, liberal and diverse you are and how wrong they are it would still be a long walk home when no-one wants to ride in the crummy with you.

Here is a thought for you, back a few pages you professed to wanting to be a woodsie person rather than a townie. Working in the woods is hard, heavy, and dangerous work. Everyone has to pull their own weight and get along. Yes we come from different back grounds and have different views of things. Bigger than that we all want to get the job done and get home safe. From what I see here, you'd be left on the landing and have a long walk home. No matter how how right, liberal and diverse you are and how wrong they are it would still be a long walk home when no-one wants to ride in the crummy with you.
Don't worry wouldn't want a ride.

Would that be the guy that talks too much, complains about how hard the work is, and when the crew throws him in the creek he blames his own lack of work on the other crew members?

Everyone is responsible for looking at themselves for areas of improvement; and none of us can make anyone do so. I concentrate on myself, and report things that are blatantly abusive, discriminatory, or violent. Most of my reports are a quote of the language that I take issue with and a note that says "Your call."

Pick your battles. I expect to be called little demeaning pet names, have my intelligence and morality questioned, and be laughed at. Since I would personally rather have the dialog open to continue to express some views that don't bounce as well in an echo chamber, I do my absolute best not to return those things in kind, though I am often tempted. I try to engage on topics that I know won't be incendiary and find common ground, though I don't think any of us should feel obligated to be polite when faced with a stream of near-constant rudeness. On topics that I know will be incendiary, I try to accept the responses I will get before I post. The best way to ruin a controversial but important message is to start engaging with the bickering that inevitably comes after. State your convictions and let them stand on their own; let the others be responsible for their responses. Terms like "freedumb" and "libtard" are always going to spoil the message of those who post them, whether they did so in response to someone else's childish behavior or not. There are plenty of respectful and polite conservative members here. Ignore the rest and you'll have a better time. Maybe I'll occasionally have something to say that might make someone think outside their box, but not if none of them are listening to me because I reacted poorly to being pushed outside my own.

So, Potland suddenly decided to ban fireworks for one of the biggest American holidays we have, but they not only allowed, but encouraged them in the city since 2016! Yea, NOT!
Anyone else smell the cordite here?
It's ok if you shoot off stuff AT the police, the right, the normal citizens, stores and business owners, and anyone believed to be a Trump supporter, that's perfectly fine, but God Damnit, you don't get to set off legal fireworks in Potland because we said so, you might hurt someone or set a fire! This is so far beyond reason, that it should be considered Treason! After all, with the Covid and lock downs, the homeless, and everything else that's happened, including the fake elections, we Americans not only have the right to celebrate our Independence day, but everything that goes with it, and that means doing exactly what this holiday represents, flipping the finger to "Management" and doing what ever the hell we feel like doing, we are free Americans, and we don't take kindly to a tyrants demands of us! Eff you K8, come and get me!!!

UP THE REPUBLIC!

So, Potland suddenly decided to ban fireworks for one of the biggest American holidays we have, but they not only allowed, but encouraged them in the city since 2016! Yea, NOT!
Anyone else smell the cordite here?
It's ok if you shoot off stuff AT the police, the right, the normal citizens, stores and business owners, and anyone believed to be a Trump supporter, that's perfectly fine, but God Damnit, you don't get to set off legal fireworks in Potland because we said so, you might hurt someone or set a fire! This is so far beyond reason, that it should be considered Treason! After all, with the Covid and lock downs, the homeless, and everything else that's happened, including the fake elections, we Americans not only have the right to celebrate our Independence day, but everything that goes with it, and that means doing exactly what this holiday represents, flipping the finger to "Management" and doing what ever the hell we feel like doing, we are free Americans, and we don't take kindly to a tyrants demands of us! Eff you K8, come and get me!!!

UP THE REPUBLIC!
I hope you never have to help your friends rake through the ashes of their home and find the bones of their livestock due to your absolute need to, no "right" to celebrate just how you feel you need to without ever having to consider how it may effect others. You'd think caring for the republic would include some civic responsibility to the greater good of our land and fellow citizens who care for it, but no, viva la fireworks! Let's burn down our forests.

I am thoroughly enjoying watching the "don't break the law and you won't get arrested" crowd doing backflips lately. It's almost like sometimes authority is unjust, and should be challenged?

My love for my country and community is not dependent on Fireworks. I love em and have spent many a July 4th using illegal fireworks in a quite unsafe manner. I've also spent a few summers fighting wildfires, and recently I've helped evacuate a lot of friends and family from their homes. These last few years have changed my outlook on fireworks. My friends in Fire departments and woodland fire helped push me this way. The middle of the hottest part of the year in a region that has been burning itself down for a decade straight is obviously not a great time to start showering the neighborhood with burning objects.

My patriotism will survive.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR