JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Well folks....the danger is REAL.

Aloha, Mark
Just watch. Now TPTB will use this as a stupid excuse to ban fireworks. Oh, wait. They already did that.

What's really needed is common sense fireworks control.

Their reasoning is due to the heatwave... that is now over.

While preventing fires happening from irresponsible people is a good thing, this seems like a move inline with the trend of suppressing patriotism and freedoms.

On social media, the SJWs are out in full force trying to get other cities to ban fireworks, shaming others who even talk about fireworks "This is definitely NOT the year for fireworks."

I've observed that other cultural displays are allowed, particularly Cinco de Mayo, while the American ones are being banned for all kinds of reasons.

-Robert
I didn't read thread so this was probably said earlier but bans, and anything else in portland, is meaningless now because there is no enforcement. "don't call 911 to report fireworks", "fireworks are still for sale", "will not be enforcing the ban". Total joke that no one is going to take seriously. Why do they bother? Portland has even publicly stated they have stopped enforcing traffic laws for the most part now.

"Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty, an outspoken critic of the police bureau and of the mayor's management of the city's police, offered her support for the new policy.

"Historically, across the nation and here in Portland, traffic stops have led to unjustified police violence," Hardesty wrote in a statement, noting that people of color are disproportionately at risk of being killed during traffic stops. "Even less-violent encounters have contributed to a feeling of being profiled and thus losing trust in law enforcement — feelings supported by the data."

She called Tuesday's announcement a "significant change that will advance the cause of racial justice in policing."

I have no issue with taking a crap in a religious icon and calling it art. Doesn't hurt anything other than people that are too sensitives feelings.

fireworks have caused massive fires that killed people, destroyed properties, wildlife, etc. destroyed peoples lives, hurt firefighters. But as long as you're enjoying yourself making really foolish comparisons. You have a good night, friend. But with all due respect you sound silly and not a serious person to speak with on serious issues. Bye now.
Do you carry an umbrella and fly around by any chance?

Well folks....the danger is REAL.

Aloha, Mark Do you carry an umbrella and fly around by any chance?
Hi, I'm Walker. You can just introduce yourself if you wanna know who I am. Instead of asking sarcastic questions. Good to meet ya.

FIFY :rolleyes:
Edit. If humans can be quite responsible with storing, and using gunpowder, black powder, and fuels, then sparklers, noisemakers and smokers are perfectly fine (what unlicensed Oregonians can legally acquire at any "fireworks stands" )
You were saying something about being responsible…?

"You can take your masks off, but I want you to know that I will ban fireworks. One way or another nobody will be allowed to celebrate liberty this Independence Day!"

Last Edited:
You were saying something about being responsible…?

irresponsible people buying illegal fireworks.

Pretty clearcut.... again, its the same argument... its the irresponsible criminals making the rest of humanity look bad :rolleyes:

You do know... there's already a burn ban in most cities and counties.... so... enforce existing laws and punish those responsible for it instead of just saying things and blaming everyone ?

Yea those criminally neglectful trained bomb squad make us all look really bad…
Way to miss the obvious.
Who bought the fireworks?
Who chose to buy them?
Why were they illegal in the first place?
Edit.
Accidents happen. Yes. Its tragic. Yes its awful what happened.. but.. again... its not the bomb squad's fault. Its the fault of the criminals who bought the illegal fireworks or made them

Way to miss the obvious.
Who bought the fireworks?
Who chose to buy them?
Why were they illegal in the first place?
It's California, take a guess why they are illegal. Thise same fireworks can be bought in other states. It's the very obvious risk of massive fires and damages they cause. Unless you haven't seen the news in last decade wild fires are a big problem for California and PNW.

People most likely went to another state and bought these and brought them into CA.

here's a good explainer for you: https://www.readyforwildfire.org/more/fireworks-safety/

Maybe one day when you or someone you knows house burns down for no good reason other than your "freedumb" you'll understand beyond a basic need to exercise your perceived right to own and use explosives at your will.

This is a firearms forum, the fireworks forum is down the hall and to the right. ->->->
I'm sorry you've got such a sucky job that you feel the need to troll the internet for drama. Maybe you should get to work and be productive for a change.
Either way soon you'll be posting to an empty room when me and others get tired of the skewed noise to signal ratio.

Wilsonville banned them too. Looks like I will have to go to BLM protest to see fireworks. At least I was able to shop mask free in Safeway yesterday. Banners are going to ban.

This is a firearms forum, the fireworks forum is down the hall and to the right. ->->->
I'm sorry you've got such a sucky job that you feel the need to troll the internet for drama. Maybe you should get to work and be productive for a change.
Either way soon you'll be posting to an empty room when me and others get tired of the skewed noise to signal ratio.

I already put the newest troll to the forum on ignore.

I have had my remarks removed by admins. I dont understand why they dont remove the obvious troll from the forum.

IP blocks work great.

It's off topic section, I've browsed it… I've seen what some of you consider to be worthy off topic posts. I could link a few of the more questionable, or out right silly stuff. So maybe just relax, If you don't like it don't read it.

It's off topic section, I've browsed it… I've seen what some of you consider to be worthy off topic posts. I could link a few of the more questionable, or out right silly stuff. So maybe just relax, If you don't like it don't read it.
<in my best 5 year old little girl voice> "YOU'RE not the BOSS of ME!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top