JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am thoroughly enjoying watching the "don't break the law and you won't get arrested" crowd doing backflips lately. It's almost like sometimes authority is unjust, and should be challenged?
Oh laws only matter to that crowed when they apply to their political rivals, but never does a law ever apply to them, nope they're freedom patriots and laws be damned, unless it's the liberals then we gotta lock them up. The icing on the cake is most probably never even read the constitution in full. Or can understand it in its original text.

I think it's telling that places like La Grande, La Pine, and Wasco county have also banned fireworks. It's not just a liberal city thing, it's a "fire is dangerous, yo" thing.

California turns off the electricity when it gets warm because cutting brush is un-American. Pretty simple really.
"In California state, the federal government owns nearly 58% of the 33 million acres of forest, according to the state governor's office. The state itself owns just three per cent, with the rest owned by private individuals or companies or Native American groups."

The state government is not responsible for or permitted to manage federal forests. And I'm certain we don't want the state telling us what brush to cut on our private property.

Almost all of what burns in California is privately owned or federally managed land that the state can't do anything to.

Can we please get back to the OP topic...and not have all the last word / tit for tat / well but / and other such comments....
Andy
Fair enough, I like fireworks. The bigger the better. The house right across from me backs up to the High school field where the City of Creswell shoots them off every year but this one. I've got a great view and can feel the concussion in my chest from the bursting charges. That being said I don't care for M-80's thrown at my feet or finding bottle rocket sticks on my property. Portland saying they are baning all fireworks but not going to enforce that , puts it in the category in my mind of street drugs or speeding where it's only illegal if done right in front of a cop who cares. Personal responsablilty with fireworks has always been the law. Look at the kid that burned up the Gorge a couple years ago, if I recall right he and by extention his parents got fined 14 milllion dollars for the cost to put the fire out and the damage done.

So, Potland suddenly decided to ban fireworks for one of the biggest American holidays we have, but they not only allowed, but encouraged them in the city since 2016! Yea, NOT!
Anyone else smell the cordite here?
It's ok if you shoot off stuff AT the police, the right, the normal citizens, stores and business owners, and anyone believed to be a Trump supporter, that's perfectly fine, but God Damnit, you don't get to set off legal fireworks in Potland because we said so, you might hurt someone or set a fire! This is so far beyond reason, that it should be considered Treason! After all, with the Covid and lock downs, the homeless, and everything else that's happened, including the fake elections, we Americans not only have the right to celebrate our Independence day, but everything that goes with it, and that means doing exactly what this holiday represents, flipping the finger to "Management" and doing what ever the hell we feel like doing, we are free Americans, and we don't take kindly to a tyrants demands of us! Eff you K8, come and get me!!!

UP THE REPUBLIC!
I can really feel your point. I want to see it that way. Buuuut...when I see how dumb the public has become in the last few years, I'm not sorry they're banning fireworks. Look how effing stoopid that kid in The Gorge was? Lighting a firework in the FOREST for god's sake! How many people look away from the road, in traffic no less, while they play with their phones! People have to be told what to do for their pets, and themselves, when it gets hot! You see the increased ignorance and stupidity everywhere you go in the city. And those city stoopid go into rural areas camping, or whatever, and burn the rural folks places!!

I'm glad I'm over the firework thing, otherwise I might be pissed off like you are. We used to PaaaarrrrtY! Couple of those we had 40 people. Old, young, kids, FOOD booze, beer. We had a big yard, we quit at midnight and always had a dunk bucket for the used cakes and a charged hose or two. In the morning the yard and street looked like a war zone, complete with tent in the back and some bodies laying around, wrapped in blankets, on the lawn. As the people stayed got to moving around in the morning someone would have a mind to get breakfast going for the survivors. The kids and whatever adults felt like it, would get to picking up the streets. Good times man. Now I don't need it anymore. But I knew how to do the Fourth of July right!

Fair enough, I like fireworks. The bigger the better. The house right across from me backs up to the High school field where the City of Creswell shoots them off every year but this one. I've got a great view and can feel the concussion in my chest from the bursting charges. That being said I don't care for M-80's thrown at my feet or finding bottle rocket sticks on my property. Portland saying they are baning all fireworks but not going to enforce that , puts it in the category in my mind of street drugs or speeding where it's only illegal if done right in front of a cop who cares. Personal responsablilty with fireworks has always been the law. Look at the kid that burned up the Gorge a couple years ago, if I recall right he and by extention his parents got fined 14 milllion dollars for the cost to put the fire out and the damage done.
36 million, though it will probably never be fully paid, and no amount of money can bring back what was lost.

I also really love fireworks. It's a bummer not getting to do it this year, but that's how you measure a man: how well we deal with not getting what we want.

Here's the actual laws on fireworks for all of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/sfm/Pages/Fireworks.aspx

Let me put this question to you all, especially those that think your fireworks are your right and a freedom you must have. Do you feel the same about bans on shooting during dry season/weather or bans on camp fires for the sake of fire safety? Will you give the finger to the manager and say screw it im an American I can do anything I want?

"In California state, the federal government owns nearly 58% of the 33 million acres of forest, according to the state governor's office. The state itself owns just three per cent, with the rest owned by private individuals or companies or Native American groups."
And people pay the utility company for power. What's your point?

My whole point is: the shear Irony of the State making demands upon the normal law abiding, while doing absolutely nothing to stop the blatant lawlessness that has been allowed to continue, all in the name of freedom of expression! And yet, we are being told we cannot celebrate our freedoms, and it's only through Der Frau K8's edict we were allowed to open up the State, but God help us if we want to celebrate a little freedom!
I don't give a sh!t about the fireworks it's the whole mandate from in high I have a major problem with, I much prefer dangerous liberty and freedom then safe security at the hands of the State! Y'all go about doing what you do, it's called Freedom!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads