JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions

Their reasoning is due to the heatwave... that is now over.

While preventing fires happening from irresponsible people is a good thing, this seems like a move inline with the trend of suppressing patriotism and freedoms.

On social media, the SJWs are out in full force trying to get other cities to ban fireworks, shaming others who even talk about fireworks "This is definitely NOT the year for fireworks."

I've observed that other cultural displays are allowed, particularly Cinco de Mayo, while the American ones are being banned for all kinds of reasons.

-Robert

So NOW they're worried about the city burning??🙄
Good point.

They do say they're not going to be actively enforcing anything, so the people with something to lose will follow the law, while the criminals who don't care about the law will do as they wish making everyone else suffer... nothing changes really.

-Robert

Their reasoning is due to the heatwave... that is now over.

While preventing fires happening from irresponsible people is a good thing, this seems like a move inline with the trend of suppressing patriotism and freedoms.

On social media, the SJWs are out in full force trying to get other cities to ban fireworks, shaming others who even talk about fireworks "This is definitely NOT the year for fireworks."

I've observed that other cultural displays are allowed, particularly Cinco de Mayo, while the American ones are being banned for all kinds of reasons.

-Robert
But they get to tell other people what to do, so it's still totally worth it. :rolleyes:

Kate Brown's pants have been on fire for a couple years now so it's true, if it weren't for double standards, democrats would have no standards at all.

OF GREAT NOTE......

From the article.
But city leaders say they do not have the investigators and officers necessary to enforce the ban in real-time. Unlike other cities with similar bans, the fire bureau asked Portlanders not to call 911 to report fireworks in order to keep the lines open for reports of fires and medical emergencies. The bureau also said that fire investigators will not be patrolling for fireworks use. The sale of fireworks has not been banned.

Aloha, Mark

Seems like a no brainer. Oregon and WA should just put right ban fireworks sale to the regular citizenry. Personally I value our natural splendor a lot more than the "freedumb" for any person to buy live ordinance that can easily cause massive ecological and financial damage to people. So easily people forget the fires in which lives, homes, and eco destroyed due to one tiny firework.

In the end as responsible as you believe you are, you're using incendiary devices. You can try your hardest, but you aren't in full control unless you're in a secure area with zero chance of starting a fire, which is never the case.

But I need my fireworks to celebrate America!!! No you don't, common sense dictates we be good Americans that care about the land we live on and about our fellow Americans who risk losing homes, loved ones and animals.

Seems like a no brainer. Oregon and WA should just put right ban fireworks sale to the regular citizenry. Personally I value our natural splendor a lot more than the "freedumb" for any person to buy live ordinance that can easily cause massive ecological and financial damage to people. So easily people forget the fires in which lives, homes, and eco destroyed due to one tiny firework.

In the end as responsible as you believe you are, you're using incendiary devices. You can try your hardest, but you aren't in full control unless you're in a secure area with zero chance of starting a fire, which is never the case.

But I need my fireworks to celebrate America!!! No you don't, common sense dictates we be good Americans that care about the land we live on and about our fellow Americans who risk losing homes, loved ones and animals.

So because of a minority of bad actors, they should be banned from use for the majority of responsible, law abiding citizens? Seems familiar, where have I heard that?

Easy enough to roll your own fireworks.

Well known company selling stuff that goes bang used to sell Chinese celebration kits. Powder, paper tubes, paper end caps and fuse material.....best roll your own blockbusters ever. I'd set one of them off and the whole neighborhood would go quiet wondering what the heck was that.

Hear the feds said no more celebration kits. They still sell other explosive stuff.

All the materials necessary to make your own fireworks are readily available.

We need to start saying hell no to the petty dictators in Portland, Eugene and Salem.

Also getting disgusted with trolls who make excuses for our leftist overlords.

Last Edited:
So are they going to enforce the no fire ban at the feral camps around town?...

If I run the risk of a ticket for fireworks, they sure as hell need to extinguish the fires at the feral camps as well.

So because of a minority of bad actors, they should be banned from use for the majority of responsible, law abiding citizens? Seems familiar, where have I heard that?
That's one way to look at it. A narrow view in my opinion. Another would be civic responsibility towards our shared nature and land.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads