JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Forgive me if I don't trust you or everyday Joe to be responsible with fireworks arms. Nothing personal.
FIFY :rolleyes:
Edit. If humans can be quite responsible with storing, and using gunpowder, black powder, and fuels, then sparklers, noisemakers and smokers are perfectly fine (what unlicensed Oregonians can legally acquire at any "fireworks stands" )

Last Edited:
FIFY :rolleyes:
Edit. If humans can be quite responsible with storing, and using gunpowder, black powder, and fuels, then sparklers, noisemakers and smokers are perfectly fine (what unlicensed Oregonians can legally acquire at any "fireworks stands" )
I don't trust most people with firearms, which is why I carry one myself. Most don't respect them or their power very well.

Fireworks are a right? Do tell.

No one here was arguing against the 2A so not sure what the point of your comment is exactly.
No... however... could enjoying and shooting fireworks fall under "pursuit of happiness"? ;)

Again, the right to enjoy fireworks, acquire, and igniting them... while some are busybodying against that very basic right to the pursuit of happiness is exactly the same sort of busybodying against the 2A and other Ennumerated Rights.

Besides...
I'd make a friendly bet that irresponsible campers makes more wildfires than firearms owners or fireworks users in cities :rolleyes:

No... however... could enjoying and shooting fireworks fall under "pursuit of happiness"? ;)

Again, the right to enjoy fireworks, acquire, and igniting them... while some are busybodying against that very basic right to the pursuit of happiness is exactly the same sort of busybodying against the 2A and other Ennumerated Rights.

Besides...
I'd make a friendly bet that irresponsible campers makes more wildfires than firearms owners or fireworks users in cities :rolleyes:
I imagine literally anything can be put under the umbrella of pursing happiness.

There is no right to enjoy fireworks. And no, it's not the same as people being against the 2A.

You'd be wrong.

The general public's maturity and functional abilities seem to be declining.
Here's the problem as I see it... everybody thinks they're being "responsible" until something goes wrong. Then, very few will step-up to accept the responsibility of their actions if/when it goes wrong.
If you are willing to take precautions and still stand up to accept the hit if your plans go awry, then I guess you're responsible enough.

The hard part, is being able to take someone's word, but that's the way freedom works.

Freedom of expression? If taking a crap on religious icons and calling it "art" is protected under 1A, then surely fireworks displays celebrating a Federal Holiday would be too... obviously this doesn't seem to be something considered by some of these City Councils of clowns :rolleyes:

Freedom of expression? If taking a crap on religious icons and calling it "art" is protected under 1A, then surely fireworks displays celebrating a Federal Holiday would be too... obviously this doesn't seem to be something considered by some of these City Councils of clowns :rolleyes:
I have no issue with taking a crap in a religious icon and calling it art. Doesn't hurt anything other than people that are too sensitives feelings.

fireworks have caused massive fires that killed people, destroyed properties, wildlife, etc. destroyed peoples lives, hurt firefighters. But as long as you're enjoying yourself making really foolish comparisons. You have a good night, friend. But with all due respect you sound silly and not a serious person to speak with on serious issues. Bye now.

Seems like a no brainer. Oregon and WA should just put right ban fireworks sale to the regular citizenry. Personally I value our natural splendor a lot more than the "freedumb" for any person to buy live ordinance that can easily cause massive ecological and financial damage to people. So easily people forget the fires in which lives, homes, and eco destroyed due to one tiny firework.

In the end as responsible as you believe you are, you're using incendiary devices. You can try your hardest, but you aren't in full control unless you're in a secure area with zero chance of starting a fire, which is never the case.

But I need my fireworks to celebrate America!!! No you don't, common sense dictates we be good Americans that care about the land we live on and about our fellow Americans who risk losing homes, loved ones and animals.
We should ban cars way before we do that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top