JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FYI....

Some of those "hand presses" may not be suitable for reloading bottle necked cases for your semi-auto rifle (i.e. .30-06 or .308 Win). I tried it, it wouldn't resize the brass enough to make it reliable. I gave up on the concept without even trying it for .223 Rem ammo. BTW...I was using a LEE hand press (the red one, 2nd from the left in your picture).

That being said.....

I'd go with a bench mounted press (a C frame press might be OK) for that job. But, you need a bit of "over cam" in order to get the brass resized enough to make it reliable. So, maybe an O frame press would be better (think: RCBS Jr.).

Anyway.....LEE loader kits only neck size. So, if you're loading for a semi-auto rifle you'll have that problem again.

Aloha, Mark

They're not ideal for bottle neck cartridges, but I loaded some darn fine .308 for a couple of years. It will more than do temporarily, as long as you fine tune the amount of lube and clean your dies regularly (a cheater pipe being handy is a good idea too).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top