JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FYI....

Some of those "hand presses" may not be suitable for reloading bottle necked cases for your semi-auto rifle (i.e. .30-06 or .308 Win). I tried it, it wouldn't resize the brass enough to make it reliable. I gave up on the concept without even trying it for .223 Rem ammo. BTW...I was using a LEE hand press (the red one, 2nd from the left in your picture).

That being said.....

I'd go with a bench mounted press (a C frame press might be OK) for that job. But, you need a bit of "over cam" in order to get the brass resized enough to make it reliable. So, maybe an O frame press would be better (think: RCBS Jr.).

Anyway.....LEE loader kits only neck size. So, if you're loading for a semi-auto rifle you'll have that problem again.

Aloha, Mark

They're not ideal for bottle neck cartridges, but I loaded some darn fine .308 for a couple of years. It will more than do temporarily, as long as you fine tune the amount of lube and clean your dies regularly (a cheater pipe being handy is a good idea too).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top