JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe for one second that video (or similar ones) is genuine. WAY to convenient to just happen to catch them in the act, while armed, with a camera running.
This is more than likely a true story
Ring is a motion detector camera system that alerts you when people approach your front door. I for one, keep a shotgun near the front door, This fellow opted for an AR.
I believe this is true. Especially because the thief's driver abandoned him when he saw the rifle.:s0114:

Last Edited:
Where I hail from the ROE is vastly different than in the PNW . Pulling that stunt and getting caught can get you in deep trouble. Castle Doctrine, Make My Day , etc. Course the Jerome Ersland shooting reinforced why cameras are a bad deal and you should never have them

I tend to think it's real. Maybe not, but surely and purely entertaining. The fact that the car drove away when the rifle showed up, that makes me think it wasn't staged. Who knows for sure. I don't think it would be anything unusual for someone to be sitting at a table by their window, having a cup of coffee or whatever. Then observed the perp's ride skulking along. Had time to grab his rifle while the thief walked up to the porch. The slow walk due to not wanting to draw attention.
Parenthetically endorses my preference for a rifle near at hand. Rather than a handgun. An AR rifle, that is. Or a shotgun.

That homeowner needs better signage. 78156DF2-D655-4A0B-9D5B-4E0D2C1F8E0C.jpeg AD3862BD-470F-43D8-A250-AE3DB130358F.jpeg AF272351-51A1-4B9C-98F3-83103916F489.jpeg

Thieves caught in the act should be dead to rights. Yes, I understand the value of what they take may be insignificant and I don't care. It's the principle of the matter and I hold thieves just as low as murders and rapists

The world is upside down, because the question shouldn't be "are you willing to kill someone over a petty theft?". It should be "are they were willing to risk their lives for a petty theft?". That should be totally on the perpetrator's head if he loses the coin toss.

I don't think I'd shoot them but you should at least get to take their watch. :D

I would have made him strip down to his underwear, and maybe his tennis shoes.... :s0140:

Whether this was real or not? Who knows. It still makes a good point. Voters have said they want this to keep happening. Voters keep saying they want the Police to do nothing. Allow this to go on long enough and some are going to get hurt. Many will just decide one day they have had enough and do something "not smart". I do most all of my shopping on line. I also sleep during the day. I often will hear someone delivering. I often will look at the camera and go back to sleep. When I got up today there was 4 packages there at the door from 4 different deliveries. So no I am not going to get up 4 different times to run to the damn door. Now if I see some scum trying to help themselves? I would got to the door armed. Would I shoot them if they ran off? NO!
Anyone who buys a lot of stuff to be delivered also knows at times you need to return something. There are a few ways offered. One of them is having the package picked up at your porch. So if this was for real? Could be the owner was having something picked up not delivered. May have been watching for the pick up. Who knows. One this is for sure. The worse this allowing scum to roam free goes on the more there is going to be people fed up who will "do something".

I do if I'm home.

Sitting around hoping for a porch pirate while armed is inviting trouble and an escalated incident that could end up with the PP dead, and you in federal prison.

Stupid on both counts.
You are making a whole lot of unwarranted assumptions. You don't know that the homeowner was sitting around waiting and hoping. You don't know why he might have had an AR handy. Some people keep them easily accessible. From the way the HO acted (not brandishing or menacing) the PP wouldn't be dead unless he threatened use deadly force, in which case, no charges, or a possible acquittal if there were charges.

You thought this was a bad idea and then assumed facts to support that conclusion.

I do if I'm home.

Sitting around hoping for a porch pirate while armed is inviting trouble and an escalated incident that could end up with the PP dead, and you in federal prison.

Stupid on both counts.
You are probably the type that doesn't believe a person should, or even has the right to, keep a firearm in their home or vehicle unless it is locked up. It is not the fault of the property owner that someone can't resist temptation.

What is stupid is telling people that they can't defend themselves or their property.

You are probably the type that doesn't believe a person should, or even has the right to, keep a firearm in their home or vehicle unless it is locked up. It is not the fault of the property owner that someone can't resist temptation.

What is stupid is telling people that they can't defend themselves or their property.

OOH, Can I make a broad generalization about somebodies beliefs and character whom I've never met, but read a post on the internet too??

You are making a whole lot of unwarranted assumptions. You don't know that the homeowner was sitting around waiting and hoping. You don't know why he might have had an AR handy. Some people keep them easily accessible. From the way the HO acted (not brandishing or menacing) the PP wouldn't be dead unless he threatened use deadly force, in which case, no charges, or a possible acquittal if there were charges.

You thought this was a bad idea and then assumed facts to support that conclusion.

We're all making assumptions based on what we saw.

I assume this video is fake.

Some don't agree.

I'm OK with that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top