JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not really. Maybe the guy has had this happen to him too many times in the past and this time he was going to let the camera roll and be ready for anything.

I don't believe for one second that video (or similar ones) is genuine. WAY to convenient to just happen to catch them in the act, while armed, with a camera running.

Or wait and find out who is taking it. IE: a piece of garbage neighbor, neighborhood teen-urchin with nothing better to do, etc...

But that would ruin all the fun! I don't know about you, but I don't run and get a package as soon as it shows up. I do pay attention when a stranger enters my property.

I do if I'm home.

Sitting around hoping for a porch pirate while armed is inviting trouble and an escalated incident that could end up with the PP dead, and you in federal prison.

Stupid on both counts.

I do if I'm home.

Sitting around hoping for a porch pirate while armed is inviting trouble and an escalated incident that could end up with the PP dead, and you in federal prison.

Stupid on both counts.
I should have been clearer that the first sentence was sarcastic. I'd rather not have to confront a thief. They've already proven they will cross boundaries.

Real or not.

I just wish/hope/pray that if/when one of these cases goes to court......that the suspect "upon conviction" will spend some REAL TIME IN THE SLAMMER. A message needs to be sent. You know.....in order to deter others who may be thinking of doing the same. :s0123:

Aloha, Mark

Real or not.

I just wish/hope/pray that if/when one of these cases goes to court......that the suspect "upon conviction" will spend some REAL TIME IN THE SLAMMER. A message needs to be sent. You know.....in order to deter others who may be thinking of doing the same. :s0123:

Aloha, Mark

I don't think it will ever happen. It's not worth the Police or courts time to even deal with these things.

We had a package stolen, video from the porch cam and everything, Sheriff took a statement over the phone and basically said they don't investigate these unless they have solid evidence and stolen goods worth at least $5k.

Porch pirates know this.

If this video is genuine, hopefully this perp is scared straight, but I sincerely doubt it.

I still maintain sitting around looking to escalate a situation with a deadly weapon would likely end up worse for the victim than the porch pirate.

Real or not, looks good to me, he's on his own property, he didn't threaten him, never pointed the gun at him, good trigger discipline and stayed calm.

Last Edited:
Who knows if it's real or not? Whatever the case, you can't shoot someone for stealing a package but you can defend yourself against being attacked. Being on camera is helpful in your defense.

I don't think it will ever happen. It's not worth the Police or courts time to even deal with these things.

We had a package stolen, video from the porch cam and everything, Sheriff took a statement over the phone and basically said they don't investigate these unless they have solid evidence and stolen goods worth at least $5k.

Porch pirates know this.

If this video is genuine, hopefully this perp is scared straight, but I sincerely doubt it.

I still maintain sitting around looking to escalate a situation with a deadly weapon would likely end up worse for the victim than the porch pirate.

Exactly.

It appears that no one wants to do their job anymore. And some people wonder.....WHY things have gone downhill so far, so fast.

Aloha, Mark

Thieves caught in the act should be dead to rights. Yes, I understand the value of what they take may be insignificant and I don't care. It's the principle of the matter and I hold thieves just as low as murders and rapists

Thieves caught in the act should be dead to rights. Yes, I understand the value of what they take may be insignificant and I don't care. It's the principle of the matter and I hold thieves just as low as murders and rapists
I don't think I'd shoot them but you should at least get to take their watch. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top