JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't been able to find that one but here's one where the thief breaks her leg:

Also, not a porch pirate, but fun. This UPS guy gets it done:

Seeing the thief break their leg is a great start to the day.

The UPS driver showed commitment, but not outside the box thinking, he could have walked through the snow and made it up to the house easily.

I thought that one appeared to be a staged theft that was filmed. There are some enjoyable videos on YouTube where bikes, phones, purses, etc have been "booby trapped" and then filmed as they are in the process of being stolen.

I think it's real.

Have you ever heard of Portland!?!?!?

I've caught people steeling packages off my neighbors porch several times. Shoes you name it. It's a daily occurrence. Had my work truck stolen from my driveway 2 weeks ago at 10:30pm was in bed awake. Took about the time fore me to jump up grab my pistol and open the door and my truck was gone. The junked out homeless have more rights than the working citizens and this happens every day, any time of day. Why you might ask? Because the laws are set up for them to succeed. You can press charges but the police will tell you I can press charges but nothing will happen because they won't show up, don't have money or a address (living in cars, many times stolen cars) and even if they are in stolen cars, since they live in them they get the same rights as a house so can't search or seize. It's a pretty bubblegumed situation. I'm here for work but we are done and going to be moving because it will never end.

Have you ever heard of Portland!?!?!?

I've caught people steeling packages off my neighbors porch several times. Shoes you name it. It's a daily occurrence. Had my work truck stolen from my driveway 2 weeks ago at 10:30pm was in bed awake. Took about the time fore me to jump up grab my pistol and open the door and my truck was gone. The junked out homeless have more rights than the working citizens and this happens every day, any time of day. Why you might ask? Because the laws are set up for them to succeed. You can press charges but the police will tell you I can press charges but nothing will happen because they won't show up, don't have money or a address (living in cars, many times stolen cars) and even if they are in stolen cars, since they live in them they get the same rights as a house so can't search or seize. It's a pretty bubblegumed situation. I'm here for work but we are done and going to be moving because it will never end.
Totally agree. They made a homeless village in the four corners area. It was some neighbors who put picnic tables etc on a county (city?) owned nature preserve. The newspaper has an article about how it was so good poeple were helping the homeless.

Well the homeless came in Droves. I saw photos from a city employee of 5 acres covered in trash and car hulks. He said they steal cars and take them out there and chop them up for metal and anything else they can sell. He said they took out 27 full dumpsters of trash and two months later the full 5 acres was full again. U would have to see the pics to believe. I was blown away by those pics.

I haven't been able to find that one but here's one where the thief breaks her leg:

BTW......that "Porch Pirate" (which is probably a racist term) has hired me.
jackie-chiles.jpg "You know.....she was hurt on YOUR property.

She might have been found guilty of only taking a simple package. But YOU (the homeowner) had created a situation that has caused her to suffer pain and a lifelong injury. That injury will curtail her future. A future where she had planned to be a successful brain surgeon. Currently, she can't stand for long periods of time, her future at the side of the operating table has disappeared.

YOU (Mister homeowner) needs to pay up.

Not to worry.....you got homeowners insurance. Rrrrrrright?"

Aloha, Mark

PS....hate the Players (Thief and Lawyer)? Or hate the Game?

Last Edited:
Makes me want to vomit. They have boat houses made from pallets and ok'd boats (stolen I presume) gantry to lift engines. $400 tie tents on the streets. You name it. Unbelievable but it's all right in front of your eyes. City is leaving outhouses in hopes to avoid people bubblegumting everywhere. Last year, I was on a job (general residential contractor) and the house next door was up for sale. Some guy busted the fence open and dumped his poop bucket in the side yard of the house. This was about 10' from where I was working and we were on the downhill side. Needless to say bubblegum rolls downhill and I had it all in my job site. It stunk to high heaven and probably was disease ridden. I got a photo of the guy and a short video asking him to leave and he gave me a bunch of lip and ended up pulling a knife on me in a threatening manor though I was at significant distance. He then proceeded to come back menacingly the next 2 weeks. Called cops and they asked me what I wanted to do and I said I wanted them to put him in jail but they did nothing. Didn't even go make contact dispute him being at the gas station across the street. Cop also said I could have shot him for pulling the knife, but doing the kind of work I do where am I supposed to kee a concealed on my person? I'd have to have it in the truck and hope my truck isn't stolen with it inside or stage it somewhere and then I'd have to worry about getting it every time I brought materials here or installed something there etc. it just becomes a burden. However it woke me up a little as I was complacent thinking most people are so wimpy in Portland having grown up east of the cascades on a farm I'm used to the more go getting sort of folk.

Makes me want to vomit. They have boat houses made from pallets and ok'd boats (stolen I presume) gantry to lift engines. $400 tie tents on the streets. You name it. Unbelievable but it's all right in front of your eyes. City is leaving outhouses in hopes to avoid people bubblegumting everywhere. Last year, I was on a job (general residential contractor) and the house next door was up for sale. Some guy busted the fence open and dumped his poop bucket in the side yard of the house. This was about 10' from where I was working and we were on the downhill side. Needless to say bubblegum rolls downhill and I had it all in my job site. It stunk to high heaven and probably was disease ridden. I got a photo of the guy and a short video asking him to leave and he gave me a bunch of lip and ended up pulling a knife on me in a threatening manor though I was at significant distance. He then proceeded to come back menacingly the next 2 weeks. Called cops and they asked me what I wanted to do and I said I wanted them to put him in jail but they did nothing. Didn't even go make contact dispute him being at the gas station across the street. Cop also said I could have shot him for pulling the knife, but doing the kind of work I do where am I supposed to kee a concealed on my person? I'd have to have it in the truck and hope my truck isn't stolen with it inside or stage it somewhere and then I'd have to worry about getting it every time I brought materials here or installed something there etc. it just becomes a burden. However it woke me up a little as I was complacent thinking most people are so wimpy in Portland having grown up east of the cascades on a farm I'm used to the more go getting sort of folk.
Yea I was driving by where foster road goes under 205 and saw a homeless guy with 3 ultra high end bicycles next to the road. One was a carbon fiber canondale road bike. I'm sure that bike costs $2k-$3kish. He appeared to be hanging out where he could offload high end stolen bikes to cars that stop at that exit. So blatent it's sickening.

...Cop also said I could have shot him for pulling the knife, but doing the kind of work I do where am I supposed to kee a concealed on my person? I'd have to have it in the truck and hope my truck isn't stolen with it inside or stage it somewhere and then I'd have to worry about getting it every time I brought materials here or installed something there etc. ...
FYI u may already know but just in case u haven't seen, there are some options for small gun carry like small 9mm single stack (fe sig p938) or .380 (fe ruger lcpII) in an inside the waistband holster or pocket holster. Or if u want really tiny there is the seecamp semi auto or North American arms 22mag.

Below is a pic of a NAA 22 mag which I keep on my belt in a multi tool holster. Only 6.7 oz so u don't even know it's there. I consider it a "better than nothing" belly gun, not a replacement for an everyday carry weapon but everyone has their own preferences. I guess my point is there are lots of tiny gun options available and in that case with the as$wipe with a knife, 5 rounds of 22mag trumps the knife (but 9mm etc is better of course).
Naa 22mag sidewinder B143B348-992F-4748-8734-D106D027F2A0.jpeg A90E2191-F7FF-4565-B4F9-3C702BB42D21.jpeg Pic to show size, not a suggested carry method.
CC33D692-D993-4969-9775-6207915A6849.jpeg seecamp size compared to naa ADBB1847-7BD2-4436-97D0-5C0189B88D53.png
small ruger lcp ii .380 (lightweight poly frame ) and sig p938 9mm (heavier metal frame)
6F8B5D5D-7503-4FF5-BE7B-8F9830D42D99.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestions. I have put some thought into it fairly but with tool belt and suspenders waistband can be hard to get to. Considered pocket style but pockets are very unreachable with tool belt on. I've even considered keeping it in a tool belt pocket but then it'll be totally gummed up with saw dust and debris. I'm still pondering ideas. I have p365 which I like the size of. Do you have any recommendations on iwb holsters for hip? Something Quality, buy once cry once kind of thing. While I like appendix better it just isn't feasible while working and bending over all day.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have put some thought into it fairly but with tool belt and suspenders waistband can be hard to get to. Considered pocket style but pockets are very unreachable with tool belt on. I've even considered keeping it in a tool belt pocket but then it'll be totally gummed up with saw dust and debris. I'm still pondering ideas. I have p365 which I like the size of. Do you have any recommendations on iwb holsters for hip? Something Quality, buy once cry once kind of thing. While I like appendix better it just isn't feasible while working and bending over all day.
I would suggest starting a new thread asking for opinions on small gun or p365 IWB holsters cuz there are so many variations and I don't have that one so unfortunately don't have any recommendations. If u ever go the pocket holster route though I would highly recommend the Alabama holster. I can have the p938 in my front jeans pocket and it's invisible. Easy to get out with holster staying in pocket. But sounds like IWB is better option for ur situation. I have one big iwb one for p938 that I don't like much just too big and too much leather, and also the small galco tuckable holster but it leaves too much of the top of the gun exposed imo -I like to have leather between skin and the top of the gun. But it is secure and rides very low fwiw. All personal preference so get as many opinions as u can I would say.

Not porch pirate related but my old neighbors in NW Salem use to travel alot and they always had a really nice house sitter over who drove an older VW Beetle. We had talked about keeping an eye out for each other as neighbors (house sitters included) should do. It was a nice evening out so I had my bedroom window open. Usually all I hear are the frogs and the family of raccoons back and forth into their tree hollow between me and the neighbors driveway 60' away. I heard a car pull up in the wee hours so slipped out my side garage door that has a direct shot to their driveway. I crept up on this kid as he was in his back swing to bust out the drivers side window of the Beetle. I yelled at him to stop. He froze and his car load of homies were a vapor trail, leaving this kid to me. Since he had no idea where I came from or where I'd be retreating to I quickly opted for some swift lights out driveway justice. This was all before social media and Ring cams. :D

I like the video and I hate to be a dweeb but....

If it was real he should have never instructed someone to come that close to him while brandishing. The right perp would end up with the rifle AND the package. I don't want someone in my reactionary space let alone inviting them into it while I caveman grip a rifle. Just my .02!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top