JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What typeof hearing protection do you use for shooting

• ear plugs only

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • passive ear muffs only

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • electronic ear muffs only

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • ear plugs and muffs

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yellow foam ear plugs that I buy at my local Lowe's. Works great. When they get dirty, I put them in one of my wife's "nylon washing bags" and throw them in the washer. When they are done I let them air dry....good as new.

I have 3 sets of the Howard Leights and love them:s0155: If your interested in some I think coctailer might have some or be able to get your a set:D

<broken link removed>

Depends. I use the foam plugs when shotgunning. I use Peltor electrics when shooting my wheelguns and rifles. I use US Navy flight deck ear muffs WITH the foam plugs when I shoot the big boomers like my 300 Ultra or 338 winnie.

Cheapo Harbor Freight $5 muffs. Work great though and are pretty comfortable.

I use the same ones!
I also use their ear plugs though I find the mack's ear plugs are better.
The bulk plugs I buy are cheap so I give them away at the range if I see someone without protection.
Sometimes both at once if I'm shooting something loud or one of my range neighbors is.
I like to use the plugs alone when possible as they don't get in the way.
As a motorcyclist I've been using ear plugs for a long time, they have to be put in right or they don't work, they need to be sticking into your ear canal and not just bunched up and in the shallow ear bowl.

I use electronic Howard Leights ear muffs. i really like them. They are great for hearing and talking to people while blocking out the gun blast. For extra protection i use the disposable ear plugs inside the ear muffs. Works great.

Ear muffs when out shooting in the woods, ear plugs and ear muffs when at the range since it's usually much louder. I don't like to wear ear plugs when I don't have to, they hurt my ears..

I use the mid-priced Silencio earmuffs with the "liquid-filled" ear cushions. WELL worth the slight increase in price. These ear cup cushions really shape themselves to your head and seal well so that they do not have to be worn so tightly as the cheapos, and they dampen noise much better as a result.

For you younger macho-man shooters, PLEASE don't kid around like I did when I was young-and-tough and skip good hearing protection! You don't want to end up an old fart like me with constant tinnitis! It's like my own personal little steam whistles constantly sounding inside my head.............................elsullo:(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews