JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shouldn't have any problems unless you are looking for top tier. I have Walker Razors. $50 and under range. Cheaper online but have to wait. I think Sportsman's carries them ~ $50.

I think there's definitely a market for some good quality ones. Really wish Bose or someone would make a set that was comfortable that used their quiet comfort ear pieces. I'd pay $300 for some I could hunt with that also amplified the ambient environment but clamped the high dB spikes of gunfire like my over the ears

I use the Razor XV 3.0. Neckband style so no worry of losing them and they are rechargeable instead of hearing aid batteries. They're also Bluetooth enabled so I can listen to music when there's no shooters on the line. Sound is pretty good, decibel protection is too.

I use the Razor XV 3.0. Neckband style so no worry of losing them and they are rechargeable instead of hearing aid batteries. They're also Bluetooth enabled so I can listen to music when there's no shooters on the line. Sound is pretty good, decibel protection is too.
Those look like they may be really nice. 31db and looks like could still wear muffs over them at the indoor range. Looks at them at Midway, little over a C note and got good reviews. Put a set in my list there to look at but so far looks like well worth a try. Like that I can have my phone hooked to them.

I just bought some AXIL GS Extreme. They run about $100. I've only used them once so far so still getting used to wearing them but seemed to work well indoors with small bore rifle fire.

Those look like they may be really nice. 31db and looks like could still wear muffs over them at the indoor range. Looks at them at Midway, little over a C note and got good reviews. Put a set in my list there to look at but so far looks like well worth a try. Like that I can have my phone hooked to them.
Mine have been 100% reliable and comfortable all day. I had a set of their true in-ears for a short time but they chewed through hearing aid batteries and were too small and easy to lose. In ears are fine for headphones, neckband works GREAT for range duty. :)

Mine have been 100% reliable and comfortable all day. I had a set of their true in-ears for a short time but they chewed through hearing aid batteries and were too small and easy to lose. In ears are fine for headphones, neckband works GREAT for range duty. :)
That was what I liked about those, rechargeable was a big plus. That and being able to hook my phone to it when I am using them around the house. I have long used standard muffs for things like mowing the lawn and such with a pair of ear buds in so I could listen to some show or podcast. The damn wire always getting caught was a PITA. Bought some earbuds that were blutooth but then the muffs would not fit comfortably over those. :mad: These look like just the ticket. Will not even need the muffs for working in the yard and such. Thanks!

I'm still using my Walker XVs and Peltor EP100s that I purchased in 2020. Between the two, I use the Peltors 10:1 .
The Peltors cut off gunshots at a lower dB, and don't amplify background noise as much. If there was a mode on my walkers where I could use bluetooth and cut out all background noise, I'd use them way more.

I got the same ones on sale, so far I like them. Found an 80 count box of hearing aid batteries on amazon for $20, so Im set for the forseeable future.
Costco is the place to buy hearing aid batteries.
The last I bought, I believe, we're .17 each.
I always have batteries with me, I do not always have a place, or time, to recharge.

Best,
Gary

Costco is the place to buy hearing aid batteries.
The last I bought, I believe, we're .17 each.
I always have batteries with me, I do not always have a place, or time, to recharge.

Best,
Gary
The Walkers in-ears have a rechargeable battery case that charges the buds when they're stored in it.

Peoples mileage on these vary but they work great for me and several buddies who have borrowed them (they usually purchase their own after using mine). Cheap option that requires no batteries to work. Can hear great with them on and helps getting proper cheek weld to stock during shooting that even the slimmest of ear muffs can. They offer replacement foam pieces and a hat attachment hook too.

4124FFOr4BL._AC_.jpg

Peoples mileage on these vary but they work great for me and several buddies who have borrowed them (they usually purchase their own after using mine). Cheap option that requires no batteries to work. Can hear great with them on and helps getting proper cheek weld to stock during shooting that even the slimmest of ear muffs can. They offer replacement foam pieces and a hat attachment hook too.

View attachment 1140606
I think I might grab one of these for backup or when I take new shooters. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews