JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over on LRH, I posted this about Axils

I just picked up two sets of the Axil GS Extreme 2.0 for $200 to my door. One set for me, one for a shooting buddy. That sale is still active.
You can also buy them for $130 from Bass Pro.
Things you gotta do:

1. Select the correct adapter plug that fits in your ear.
  2. Learn how to insert them in your ear.
  3. Play with the ambient sound adaptation. The controls are behind your head, but surprisingly easy to figure out.
The bluetooth feature connects up and works great. Heck, I didn't know it had that, and appreciated that it does have it.
The sound quality for the bluetooth is mediocre. However, I don't buy shooting ear protection for listening to music or the phone - that's what my Bose are for.
Comparing the Axil GS Extreme to my EP100s, Walker Razors Slim muffs and Walker Razor XV buds, it beats them all, hands down.

I've only worn it six hours so far, playing music the whole time, too. I have not yet gone shooting with them.
  • All the others mentioned would have needed a charge
  • At no time during that time did I find them uncomfortable.
  • The neck strap took some getting used to until I figured out how to use the strap adjustment.
  • While playing music, with the audio enhancement active, I could have conversations and hear the other person just fine.
  • With a loud noise, such as my hound and his loud arsed bark at passing dogs (right in my ear), the sound is clipped (70dB ?) but I also hear everything. Unlike the others mentioned where the ambient sound is turned off.
All in all, I'm very pleased thus far. I have yet to take them shooting.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top