JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even my wife knows never to talk to the cops, and would certainly not let them in the house...

Watch the video above and you will see why.

I guess my response would be equal to or slightly greater than the attitude of the police doing their job.

There are a lot of things folks have to do on a daily basis that are a requirement of their employment (job description). To give attitude or to "slam a door in their face" is unconstructive, rude and ignorant to the issue that actually needs to be addressed.

The question of WHO made the complaint originally and why it was it not brought to my attention earlier would be where my anger and attitude would be directed.

Being angered by the police visit or angered at the police for doing their job is like killing the messenger.. Useless....

I know for a fact that if my daughter (14) came home from school and told me little johny had a gun in his backpack, I'd be calling the police and the school to investigate further. If my daughter had a description of the gun (revolver, semi or some other features that were easily noted), I would fully expect the police to ask the parents of little johny if they had a gun matching this description.

They were uniformed police, not detectives, so it seem obvious to me that it was a routine thing and their investigation skills (questions to your girlfriend) were probably less than vague as to move onto other things that were more productive to their day.

Unless there was a condensending attitude given off by the police during the questioning, I see no use in giving attitude back.

Suggest you have your GF watch the videos then tell her the next time the Cylons show up without a warrant ask them to leave and come back later to talk to you. My family knows not to invite the Minions of Leviathan in to snoop. I made it plain to our son when he was in grade school never to invite them in, and call me or his mother if they came in our absence.

I made it plain to our son when he was in grade school never to invite them in, and call me or his mother if they came in our absence.

This is a very wise move. Reading the details on the Michael Crowe case show the importance of teaching children to be very very careful with police. This is a fair summary of a case that should really deserve a thread of its own:

License to Lie - San Diego Magazine - November 2004 - San Diego, California

Basically: 1. The police can lie to you in an investigation as is legal in many states. 2. It is criminal to tell anything but the truth back. 3. Which adds up to a very one sided position. SO 4. Saying only the absolute minimum to the police is wise, prudent, the only safest position. Anything else can be largely foolhardy.

The American Civil Liberties Union says it 100% correctly:
Know Your Rights -- Your Rights in Oregon | ACLU of Oregon

You do not have to answer police questions without a lawyer present. You can tell the police that you want to speak to a lawyer before answering any questions.

about 6 months ago a uniformed police officer came to my home while i was out of town on business, asking my wife if i had sold a ruger 10/22 to anybody. she said, I was away on business and she did not know, and asked the officer for contact info so i could get back to him, he said,"that will not be nessesary" and left. still wondering what he wanted. as i have no way to find out that i know of.:huh:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top