JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Officer in transgender shooting had prior alcohol run-ins

Read more at the Washington Examiner: <broken link removed>

"The D.C. police officer accused of drunkenly shooting at transgendered people...
stood on the hood of the victims' vehicle and shouted, "I'm gonna kill all of you."

There were five people in the other vehicle, police said. One person suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the arm and hand, and two others were hurt in the attack.

Police said Furr, a 20-year-veteran, blew a 0.15 on an alcohol breath-test machine after the shooting -- nearly twice the legal limit for drivers in D.C.

He remains held on charges of DWI and assault with a deadly weapon.

Furr's attorney said he could not comment about the case or Officer Furr, who police say is on paid leave.

According to charging documents, Furr got into an argument with several transgendered people outside the CVS pharmacy at 400 Massachusetts Avenue at about 4:40 a.m. Friday. He pulled a gun on one of the victims, who then reported the incident to an off-duty D.C. police officer working security at the pharmacy, charging documents said.

The CVS officer determined that Furr was an "off-duty officer, and therefore no further action was necessary," the charging document said.

It wasn't the first time Furr has gotten into trouble.

He was arrested in 2004 for driving while intoxicated and operating while impaired, according to court records. He pleaded no contest and the charges were dropped after he completed a diversion program.

He was suspended for between 30 and 90 days in that case, according to city records.

On Christmas Day 1996, Furr and another officer were on duty when they got into a drunken argument with a mother and son. Police brass placed Furr on administrative leave and tried to fire him, but he was reinstated in 1998 after a change in police chiefs."

So the CVS police officer lets him go and then he attempts to kill 5 people? A 20 year police veteran? This man should not be working as an LEO or handle a firearm.

.....Unbelievable.

Would these Citizens have been wrong for firing back?

Would the Police and the Courts have said they had the right to defend themselves?

20 YEAR VETERAN!!!!!

Who can we trust? Really.

This has to be a joke. They really cant still be paying this guy while in jail? Right?

To me he is like a murderer who missed because he was to drunk.

And o'yeah. He is a LEO!

So if the shooter did not have a badge, would the sober off-duty LEO have done something different when he sees a drunk man with a gun threatening others? I betcha! I hate how that shield gives some people extra privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top