JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to use the Speer 100 grain 'Plinkers' for years then in a bunch of reloading stuff I was given several years ago was about 30 or so .30 Carbine rounds.

Well I finally I pulled them to try the bullets and was surprised at how accurate they were so I started buying the jacketed versions then it finally 'dawned' on me to check for bulk, plated ones so a box of 500 from Xtreme will be my next order!
I have had good experience with xtreme in any caliber. Super high quality for the price. Making a ton of 9mm for carbine with them right now in fact. @jordanka16 also did some 30 carbine with them a few years ago and they worked fine. They are kicking arse in my 9mm carbine. Similar speed so...

20210531_173040.jpg

I have had good experience with xtreme in any caliber. Super high quality for the price. Making a ton of 9mm for carbine with them right now in fact. @jordanka16 also did some 30 carbine with them a few years ago and they worked fine. They are kicking arse in my 9mm carbine. Similar speed so...

View attachment 896204
That's good to hear, I've used their bullets in pistols extensively but of course that's low velocity. It's good to know they work well at higher velocity too. I need to get ammo loaded up and get my carbine out to the range.

Those are handgun bullets though - probably not best for 2K fps. Just the same, useful for subsonic (or in that range) light loads for small game.

Also, one should make sure that they are actual 7.62 diameter and not .312"/7.92mm - it appears the PPU listing I found shows them as 0.3065" https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/29125
Those I just bought are .308. A little small for 7.62X25 or .32 S&W Long. Close-range defensive work? Just fine. But Ruger Blackhawks should eat these up. And expansion at carbine velocities? Could be spectacular, with very little chance of over-penetration.

IMG_3149.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews