JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are plenty of guys and girls on this site that can tell you about flak jacket 's from Vietnam to plate carrier from desert storm to last week where ever they were last and had one on

That's awesome if I had a Harley
I have an older one I use when I go to the indoor range. In the summer i just wear it over a t shirt and often people don't even notice what it is. In winter under a hoodie no one can tell. Looks like you're just wearing a shirt. They have LOT's of pockets too which come in handy. At work it's the same color as the uniform shirt so many never even notice it. I first bought one for Vest wear in summer as they are hot under the shirt. It was so damn comfortable I took to using one year round.

Chest rigs are a good spot to start, minimal investment to see if you like training with them. I prefer plate carrier, nobody says you need to train with plates in it every time. I feel a plate carrier gives you more options down the road. Currently running an SKD PIG and AR650 plates.

SKD PIG is excellent. You can read 217 reviews on the SKD website. Some of the main differences are 8 rows of molle across vs 6 rows on some other vests. Allows for split open access and an extra mag pouch in front. If you are smaller framed you may want to stick with carriers with 6 rows. 1/4 padding behind plates so you don't need a backer. Ballistic helmet, had one (to heavy) with NV. I felt the benefit wasn't there for the weight gain, especially on the neck. The Team Wendy Exfil LTP is an excellent helmet with a great suspension. They also have a Exfil ballistic version. By far the best suspension out there. Much better suspension than the Ops Core Bump IMO. Plus you get a machined Wilcox NV insert, quick adjusting straps, quick adjustment suspension. The chin strap is also thicker and allows it to keep its shape. So when you go to buckle it back up, you don't have to untangle it.

SKD PIG is excellent. You can read 217 reviews on the SKD website. Some of the main differences are 8 rows of molle across vs 6 rows on some other vests. Allows for split open access and an extra mag pouch in front. If you are smaller framed you may want to stick with carriers with 6 rows. 1/4 padding behind plates so you don't need a backer.
Awesome. I'm a big guy so I'm going to end up with a plate carrier for L/XL SAPI plates anyways. I also want something I can take off/on without removing my ear protection or helmet so the quick release shoulder buckles are a good selling point for me as well.

I know the Velocity Systems APC uses the same 6/8 columns configuration. The S/M has 6 columns and the L/XL has 8.

If I was going to wear it every day for realistic threats (like being in a vehicle) I'd probably go with the Velocity LPAAC for the VS13 cut soft armor or a BALCS carrier.

Ballistic helmet, had one (to heavy) with NV. I felt the benefit wasn't there for the weight gain, especially on the neck. The Team Wendy Exfil LTP is an excellent helmet with a great suspension. They also have a Exfil ballistic version. By far the best suspension out there. Much better suspension than the Ops Core Bump IMO. Plus you get a machined Wilcox NV insert, quick adjusting straps, quick adjustment suspension. The chin strap is also thicker and allows it to keep its shape. So when you go to buckle it back up, you don't have to untangle it.
I'm definitely going to get the Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic. I'm hoping there will be a group buy for our class. I might pick up the new GoPro Hero 5 to record some of my runs since I'll have the NV mount.

I have both chest rigs and plate carriers with plates. The carrier I have used for things other than just protection I have pulled the plates and used it for hunting as I have a water bladder, small med kit with tourniquet and basic survival kit on it and a fanny pack that attaches to it easy with rain gear and food. It is in my opinion it is easier to carrier than a back pack with the same stuff and it is also a form of training.

I am a fan of having some sort of protection and I have two sets of carriers and plate's one for both my wife and I. I got one of the specials from AR500 with a basic Condor carrier and plates for my wife because I felt it was something she will not train every day with but for emergencies. We have gone on walks with them and she has done some training with it to know she can carry it and at least do some basic maneuvers.

I run a 5-11 tactical carrier and AR500 plates with bladder and full mag set up and it is heavy but if it could get me through a bad situation you deal with it.

Like car or home insurance you get it to have and hope to never use. Is it worth the money I say yes on at least a basic chest rig/carrier if you feel the world is going to S**t, plates depend on how bad you think the S**t is going to be.

Granted depending on where you live walking down the street in a full setup will I am sure get you noticed and called into the police.

Considering that 90 percent of you guys know nothing but what you see on YouTube or pay extreme prices to go to some course with a catchy name by somebody that did 4 years on an ODA I would say don't waste your money.
Lol that's funny I said thing when I bought my first plate carrier then I bought another one probley be collecting dust in my closet for rest of my life but then again Trump is pissing off lots of people so I might get a chance to strap it on and go to town LOL

Considering that 90 percent of you guys know nothing but what you see on YouTube or pay extreme prices to go to some course with a catchy name by somebody that did 4 years on an ODA I would say don't waste your money.
So of course a post like this is going to make those 90% say "well surely this guy is an expert and I should listen to him."

I will be the first to admit I will probably never use it but I can afford to have it so I got it and then got a deal on the second one so I got it I can only where one but I have others in my family that would be able too use it if had to and it's better to have it and not use it then to need it and not have it

I guess i'll just go back to using my belt. Please enlighten us...:rolleyes:
speedo-gun-guy.png

I agree, but I'm with the 10% that has real world experience with a job where you may need to stop multiple. 338 lapua hits (mall security).

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about how someone else spends their money and whether it's a waste;)

I believe I said kinda the same thing last night buy what you think you need and the go buy more of what you think you need ONE IS NONE AND TWO IS ONE

Well, it was all I had at the time. I guess I should just sell all my stuff and go back to basics. Look for my stuff in the for sale section. I will probably keep the mags and the boots, tho. Oh and thanks for your service GURU.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top