JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like a Novak's 1911 light rail put on my Dan Wesson 10mm. It requires drilling and tapping 3 holes. I am in the Seattle area for now, and often in/near Portland, so a smith somewhere in that geography would be great. I have no problem paying more for tip top work. Any recommendations?
l_662000080_2.jpg

I was going to recommend Brimstone Gunsmithing, but it seems they were tared and feathered by Camas Washington.
Really tough being an FFL now a days, some slack due them.
This side of the river, @spookshack has the answer.

I third Velzey

Ive never seen one of these done, but Ive always been curious how these Novak rails work out, Id love to see pics and a user review if you get this done.

Has anyone recommended @Velzey yet? 😁 Everything Tim has done for me turns out better than expected. He even cut and threaded a barrel for me and the barrel was an odd size. So he made a custom thread protector, blued it to match. Now, when it's screwed down you cannot even see the line where the barrel ends and the homemade protector start.

Not a drop in situation on any frame, Caspian is likely superior to anything DW or most others have. Just suggesting. I own a caspian , Maybe you want to level up? You could take a big leap and move up to a Cabot.

IMG_20170901_1220329_rewind.jpg

IMG_20170901_1220177_rewind.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR