JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny, been tinkering with the same problem. I went out and bought my wife a gun just for her...I bought her a Taurus Millenium Pro...but then she never carried it because she says it's "too heavy". Currently, she steals my Kel-Tec P3AT.

I've found that the best solution for women who can't handle slides is a revolver....nevertheless, women usually find the .38SPC a tad bit harsh on the recoil.

Solution? I plan on getting the wifey a .32 H&R mag, hammerless S&W 432PD Airweight to replace the Kel-Tec (mainly so I can have it back!).
163666_large.jpg

You should see GunBlast's review on it.

First, a random note that Beretta (and maybe Taurus also) makes a great TIP-UP barrel double-action .380 pistol. It's very high quality, mid-sized and heavy so recoil is light. It does not load by racking the slide, but rather by popping up the barrel and manually placing the first round. It can be fired both double and single-action for the first shot. This is great for folks with weak or damaged hands.

Next, I want to affirm the utility of the .32 H&R Magnum revolver! It is an under-rated cartridge that just will not go away because it is so good for folks with sensitive hands. In a two inch barrel it has equal delivered energy to most non-plus-P .38 Special loads, yet the recoil is very mild and follow-up shots are easy as the revolver does not kick much at all. AND in a snubby revolver it is a SIX-shooter. I got lucky and have an early S&W 632 Airweight (no longer made) with a three inch barrel. It handles beautifully and the trigger is very soft and slick. I recommend this one for Women beginning shooters, or for pansies like me with damaged hands!.......................elsullo

I'm sort of in the same boat you are, not only for a CC but for a survival rifle for my woman as well. I'm thinking something light, but something that has take down power. Given reasonable costs and controllable calibers and her strength to actually rack the CH-BCA/slide, I'm thinking I'll get her:

Pistol:
Single/double action .38special revolver
Bersa Thunder (It has nice safety features for her, and its compact) Its just a pain to find that .380, and at a decent cost.
S&W 500 (Just kidding, but seriously; if she could handle it I'd have an excuse to buy one..)
I've also played with the idea of getting her an AK-pistol.. (Again, it'll give me an excuse to buy one)

Rifle:
7.62x39 AKM. Small, but they can get heavy..
Saiga-5.45x39.. a little lighter.. not a TON of knockdown power, but it has less recoil. Downside; in the end of the U.S. as we know it.. I'd be hard pressed to find some decent ammunition after a few years. Unless we're invaded by Russia.. WOLVERINES!!!
.223 AKM or possibly a(n) AR-15.. I dislike the AR setup, but it is very controllable.

I'm an AKM fan, And the above options are my current choices.. I'm in the process of arming her up for our survival/gun room/scenario as well as myself. I'm nearly taken care of, but she needs a few more key items.
Anyhow, best of luck.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top