JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Suffered?

I don't know what happened, but "suffered" sounds like an exaggeration.

I've been spoken to sternly, criticized, harangued, harassed, called names, what have you. Suffering was never a worry.

P
An older lady was viciously ridiculed by several members in a thread on a forum where she thought people were her friends. And you don't think she suffered?

I wouldn't expect somebody that goes by Old Lady Cate to be as tough as you claim to be. But good for you. You might try having some compassion tho.

Is that how it works now? If I haven't posted or signed on for some period of time, my avatar gets turned into a "member number"? (and does that make my old member name up for grabs?)

That seems rather unfriendly and discouraging of people that might just want to come back. Whose bright idea???
It's my understanding from the site rules that if one just stops visiting/posting, then one's avatar remains visible and people can still hunt stuff up and/or crooz through threads and read the posts of a "silent" member. @Ramjet12 is an example. I liked his humor, but he hasn't posted since June of 2021, and hasn't visited here in 6 months. But you can click on his username and it'll take you to his page. Conversely, people like Catherine1, Dygital, Medic, Throwawaywagun, and a coupla others I can't recall right now have all had their avatars converted to the "NWFA black box member number" and one cannot even search for a thread/post using their old member name. That seems to me to be a lost benefit to the rest of us if we wanted to go back and find something from them. :(

I also understand through the grapevine that there are situations (apparently) where one can petition Joe for complete removal, where one's avatar is turned into the aforementioned "NWFA black box with member number" that doesn't link to any posts, threads, or pages of the former member. The posts still remain, but anyone reading them has no idea (unless they know the person's style of writing) who posted them. Kinda sad...

Last Edited:
An older lady was viciously ridiculed by several members in a thread on a forum where she thought people were her friends. And you don't think she suffered?

I wouldn't expect somebody that goes by Old Lady Cate to be as tough as you claim to be. But good for you. You might try having some compassion tho.
Thank you for your response.

Like I said, I don't know what happened.

I just figured, sticks and stones and all. I like it here but if any of y'all treated me poorly it would be water off a duck's back.

Except Sobo. I'd hunt him down.

P

Do you happen to have a link to the thread(s) in question? Please PM if you would prefer.

Agreed. It's a loss to the members and an unfair punishment to all.

Many folks claim that. But let their best friend mock for cuckolding their wife, and all bets are off!!
That would indeed be difficult, but my best friends aren't internet friends.

I'd have a Paloma with most of y'all, but ain't nunya coming over for Christmas dinner.

P

That would indeed be difficult, but my best friends aren't internet friends.

I'd have a Paloma with most of y'all, but ain't nunya coming over for Christmas dinner.

P
I don't like Palominoes (miniature Palomas). But I hear Budweiser is replacing the Clydesdales with cows that identify and dress as horses, so I guess anything goes.

Last Edited:
she still makes really long posts on another forum that we share an interest in... PM me if you want to know.
Please PM me the name of that forum.

I originally told her about this forum after she left another forum we were both members of out of protest when I was banned. I would like to keep in contact with her.

I just figured, sticks and stones and all. I like it here but if any of y'all treated me poorly it would be water off a duck's back.

Except Sobo. I'd hunt him down.
Bring it... :s0012:

...and just letting you know, I'm sighted in to 500 yards...

:D

Conversely, people like Catherine1, Dygital, Medic, Throwawaywagun, and a coupla others I can't recall right now have all had their avatars converted to the "NWFA black box member number"
Can anyone explain the specific reason for this?

Catherine1 is the first I have have ever seen this happen to, and only saw it when I looked up a post of hers.

Can anyone explain the specific reason for this?

Catherine1 is the first I have have ever seen this happen to, and only saw it when I looked up a post of hers.
I've seen a couple of others with that avatar too. Had no idea what it was about. Never bothered asking.
Sad thing about Cate. I can appreciate all members here. Unless they're true dicks. those kind don't usually last long.

I'm crushed...:( I need to file a report...

butthurt-report.JPG

Regarding the name change, it seems to me that if you were leaving a forum that doesn't allow you to delete posts, the next best thing might be to change your username so that your posts are no longer associated with that name.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top