JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody know what happened to @Catherine1? Haven't seen here since late January...

Last I saw her, she had a different screenname.

@bbbass may know, he seems to know her from other forums. He might have her new screen name, since I can't think of it

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/i-have-2-alerts-in-my-alert-box-and.438606/#post-3517112 :s0092:

Member 52301...I've seen this type of avatar for a few different members. Don't know what it means.

I "think" this is her latest screen name unless I have this one mixed up with her

OldBroad44
Not OldBroad44, still Catherine1

Cate is still around. You might still be able to PM her if you like.

Problem is that she got spooked by the "security" concerns posted in at least one thread and at the same time her screen name somehow was reassigned as Member 52301. She asked about it and didn't get a satisfactory answer.

She also mentioned being disheartened by some of the infighting here, as well as some rather rude criticism from a member or two, as well as the obvious political bent of some of the leadership here.

As such, she decided to spend less time here.

If you miss her, you might reach out and invite her back.

PS, she still makes really long posts on another forum that we share an interest in... PM me if you want to know.

bb

Not OldBroad44, still Catherine1

She also mentioned being disheartened by some of the infighting here, as well as some rather rude criticism from a member or two, as well as the obvious political bent of some of the leadership here.

As such, she decided to spend less time here.

If you miss her, you might reach out and invite her back.

PS, she still makes really long posts on another forum that we share an interest in... PM me if you want to know.

bb
Good to know she is fine. As for the rest, the net is just not for everyone. :s0092:
A site like this is SUPER easy to deal with for anyone who can't handle what they are reading. Just don't read it. Any member they find they can't handle can just be ignored and they will never see anything they post again. Many seem to want to only read things they like or agree with. If that's what they want simple. Ignore everyone who they don't like and they can be happy campers.

Good to know she is fine. As for the rest, the net is just not for everyone. :s0092:
A site like this is SUPER easy to deal with for anyone who can't handle what they are reading. Just don't read it. Any member they find they can't handle can just be ignored and they will never see anything they post again. Many seem to want to only read things they like or agree with. If that's what they want simple. Ignore everyone who they don't like and they can be happy campers.
Yah, I agree. Personally, I have a bunch of people on ignore, not beccause I cant stand to read things I don't like, but because I have a tendency to fight folks that say crap I don't like.

I think for Cate it was just all the things adding up at the same time frame. That bit of rudeness hit her hard, and ignoring the person that posted it does not make one "unsee" the bad intent that was posted. It was hurtful.

And the security concerns had her wondering if she'd been hacked... it was very disturbing to her.

As for reading things we don't like, well, you have to read them to know you don't like them, yes? After a long enough time, some folks drop out because of the prevalence of things they don't like. Why continue if the general tone is upsetting? Same reason I don't watch Cable news.

Cate is doing fine on the other gun forum and so far hasn't suffered or become disgusted the way she did here.

Yah, I agree. Personally, I have a bunch of people on ignore, not beccause I cant stand to read things I don't like, but because I have a tendency to fight folks that say crap I don't like.

I think for Cate it was just all the things adding up at the same time frame. That bit of rudeness hit her hard, and ignoring the person that posted it does not make one "unsee" the bad intent that was posted. It was hurtful.

And the security concerns had her wondering if she'd been hacked... it was very disturbing to her.

As for reading things we don't like, well, you have to read them to know you don't like them, yes? After a long enough time, some folks drop out because of the prevalence of things they don't like. Why continue if the general tone is upsetting? Same reason I don't watch Cable news.

Cate is doing fine on the other gun forum and so far hasn't suffered or become disgusted the way she did here.
This is one of those everyone has a different "take on". I personally do not have anyone on ignore. Some do seem to have me on it, so great for them.
There are some trolls here I tend to rarely bother to read just skip over them. I do read "news" from a wide variety of sources. Reason being I love the access we have now and do not fully trust ANY of them. So I have fun reading the VERY left sites to see both how they report things and what things they pretend never happened. The best part of all the choices is those who do not want to see it can just not read or watch. I cut my teeth on the old Usenet groups that were totally open and anything could be said. So I guess moderated groups like this seem quite mild to me. :s0092:

This is one of those everyone has a different "take on". I personally do not have anyone on ignore. Some do seem to have me on it, so great for them.
There are some trolls here I tend to rarely bother to read just skip over them. I do read "news" from a wide variety of sources. Reason being I love the access we have now and do not fully trust ANY of them. So I have fun reading the VERY left sites to see both how they report things and what things they pretend never happened. The best part of all the choices is those who do not want to see it can just not read or watch. I cut my teeth on the old Usenet groups that were totally open and anything could be said. So I guess moderated groups like this seem quite mild to me. :s0092:
I'm also a veteran of the "flame wars" of the unmoderated usenet. Those were the days. I still have a tendency to deal with forum members in that way, old habits dying hard. So it may be "quite mild" but it is also frustrating to not be able to cut loose on some jerk due to the mod factor. Therefore, rather than risk getting banned, the ignore feature is used. That is why it is there. So, some people have more self control than others, the rest of us know ourselves and practice avoidance. It's all good. You win every gunfight you don't participate in.

However, I can relate to those that get frustrated with various aspects of news, tv shows, or even forums. At 70yrs old and having been there done that, there are some things I just don't want any more of... I don't need the aggravation and increase in my blood pressure. A lot has to do with physical problems, pain, and illness. Does that make one fragile/grumpy/etc? I think so.

@bbbass Thank you for the info on Cate and her situation. I appreciate knowing that she's still out there, alive and kicking. I had feared the worst.

I do wish she would come back, since I appreciated reading her (somewhat long-ish) posts and the real world experience she shared. The same way I like reading OldBroad44's posts. And a lot of the posts from other folks that seemed to have disappeared and had their avatars "turned into member numbers".

I guess things just change... :s0092:

@bbbass Thank you for the info on Cate and her situation. I appreciate knowing that she's still out there, alive and kicking. I had feared the worst.

I do wish she would come back, since I appreciated reading her (somewhat long-ish) posts and the real world experience she shared. The same way I like reading OldBroad44's posts. And a lot of the posts from other folks that seemed to have disappeared and had their avatars "turned into member numbers".

I guess things just change... :s0092:
Is that how it works now? If I haven't posted or signed on for some period of time, my avatar gets turned into a "member number"? (and does that make my old member name up for grabs?)

That seems rather unfriendly and discouraging of people that might just want to come back. Whose bright idea???

Suffered?

I don't know what happened, but "suffered" sounds like an exaggeration.

I've been spoken to sternly, criticized, harangued, harassed, called names, what have you. Suffering was never a worry.

P

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads