JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard about someone today while listening to the radio unloading hundreds to thousands of rounds in Phillidelphia (I think). Lars played some footage on 101.1, it sure sounded like a high rate of fire to me, possibly a binary trigger. The tinfoil hat in me thinks that this was another "incident" to get another thing banned or get the word out. Didn't see another thread on it yet so forgive me if there is one. Has anyone heard any details yet? I only had about 15 minutes in the truck before I had to stop listening.
I think we will see more "incidents" the closer we get to the election.....

Holy crap that's crazy. One psycho shoots at cops, gets shot, so they have to 75 officers on leave? That's completely nuts!
If the reporting is accurate, it lasted over 6-hours with multiple volleys of gunfire exchanged.

This quote in the article is pretty crazy if your having to call for additional ammo in an urban engagement of a single individual: "I mean, he had a lot of ammunition in that house, and certainly ... all of us were strapped, you know, with ammunition, and we were calling for additional ammunition," Kraus said.

If the reporting is accurate, it lasted over 6-hours with multiple volleys of gunfire exchanged.

This quote in the article is pretty crazy if your having to call for additional ammo in an urban engagement of a single individual: "I mean, he had a lot of ammunition in that house, and certainly ... all of us were strapped, you know, with ammunition, and we were calling for additional ammunition," Kraus said.
75 poeple on leave is such a ridiculous number it almost has me wondering if any "I fired my gun, now I'll sit back and wait for my 2 month paid leave" going on. That's such a ridiculously high number. What the hell were they firing at? Randomly into walls with 9mm pistols? I mean 75 to 1?

Kinda makes me think of Uvalde where they had 360 cops vs 1 shooter and it still took 1.75 hours or whatever it was. But Uvalde they were more figuring out ways to hide, random clusterbubbleguming, and running away vs shooting at the criminal.

Last Edited:
75 poeple on leave is such a ridiculous number it almost has me wondering if any "i I fired my gun, now I'll sit back and wait for my 2 month paid leave" going on. That's such a ridiculously high number. What the hell were they firing at? Randomly into walls with 9mm pistols? I mean 75 to 1? Kinda makes me think of Uvalde where they had 360 cops vs 1 shooter and it still took 1.75 hours or whatever it was.
Screenshot_20230825_072720.jpg

75 poeple on leave is such a ridiculous number it almost has me wondering if any "I fired my gun, now I'll sit back and wait for my 2 month paid leave" going on. That's such a ridiculously high number. What the hell were they firing at? Randomly into walls with 9mm pistols? I mean 75 to 1?

Kinda makes me think of Uvalde where they had 360 cops vs 1 shooter and it still took 1.75 hours or whatever it was. But Uvalde they were more figuring out ways to hide, random clusterbubbleguming, and running away vs shooting at the criminal.
If you run and hide and never fire your weapon you are good to go. Only if you touch off a round do they have to give you a good looking over. :(

Its a weird one for sure.

Initially reported as a simple eviction, however in same report 7 deputies were serving the eviction.

Report above states that "..."We were aware of the actor's disdain for government when we went to serve the eviction notice which is why we had extra deputies on the detail," Manko said in an emailed statement Friday..."

Sounds really really hinky. Do non compliant evictions require force? ie breaching/hands on type forcible removal?

Never been evicted, no friends nor family have either. So rather curious how it got to the point of requiring 7 deputies.

Also, and notable IMO is that the deceased nut bar was related to the owner of the home, who had also passed away (apparently the nut bar was simply staying in the home). Seems like some type of family dispute over property inheritance to me. Which also seemingly escalated to force unreasonably.

Would be curious to see if any other heirs are involved in government somehow, and had such escalated that way. Rather than like how normal folks would have to go through.years of court crap...

Initially reported as a simple eviction, however in same report 7 deputies were serving the eviction.

Report above states that "..."We were aware of the actor's disdain for government when we went to serve the eviction notice which is why we had extra deputies on the detail," Manko said in an emailed statement Friday..."

Sounds really really hinky. Do non compliant evictions require force? ie breaching/hands on type forcible removal?

Never been evicted, no friends nor family have either. So rather curious how it got to the point of requiring 7 deputies.

Also, and notable IMO is that the deceased nut bar was related to the owner of the home, who had also passed away (apparently the nut bar was simply staying in the home). Seems like some type of family dispute over property inheritance to me. Which also seemingly escalated to force unreasonably.

Would be curious to see if any other heirs are involved in government somehow, and had such escalated that way. Rather than like how normal folks would have to go through.years of court crap...
It does seem rather interesting, lots of missing pieces in the story. 7 deputies for someone with reportedly having no "past" leaves me to believe that there's a couple more pieces.

Not sure if its exactly the same everywhere but know how they do it here. First there is court hearings. If person does not show they send certified letters. If still no response they will send Deputy to door. If they get no answer they will tape a notice to the door saying at this time on this day they are going to come and remove anyone still there blah, blah, blah. So I would have to "guess" this was not their first time with this clown. I would again "guess" he had made clear threats to what he would do and the LEO's were not taking chances that is was bluster. A LOT of the guys who get into this sovereign citizen thing are VERY vocal about it. Many of them it becomes like some kind of cult. Had a buddy long ago who went off the deep end with this stuff when it was something fairly new. He got to the point where there was just no talking him down. In his mind he really believed he could "win". He won a cot and 3 hots in club fed. :(

Not sure if its exactly the same everywhere but know how they do it here. First there is court hearings. If person does not show they send certified letters. If still no response they will send Deputy to door. If they get no answer they will tape a notice to the door saying at this time on this day they are going to come and remove anyone still there blah, blah, blah. So I would have to "guess" this was not their first time with this clown. I would again "guess" he had made clear threats to what he would do and the LEO's were not taking chances that is was bluster. A LOT of the guys who get into this sovereign citizen thing are VERY vocal about it. Many of them it becomes like some kind of cult. Had a buddy long ago who went off the deep end with this stuff when it was something fairly new. He got to the point where there was just no talking him down. In his mind he really believed he could "win". He won a cot and 3 hots in club fed. :(
That process makes sense, thanks!

-& yah on the sovereign citizen thing too. Not how our society works, even given the craziness of today.

That process makes sense, thanks!

-& yah on the sovereign citizen thing too. Not how our society works, even given the craziness of today.
When you listen to the "leaders" of that stuff talk it makes sense to a point. They are "right" on a lot of the law and how its been bent out of shape. When you try to tell them that the way they are going about it will not work their eyes glaze over and they stop hearing. A LOT of people will listen to a point then realize there is no way they are going to win. A few sadly fall in full speed ahead and just ruin their lives over it. :(

When you listen to the "leaders" of that stuff talk it makes sense to a point. They are "right" on a lot of the law and how its been bent out of shape. When you try to tell them that the way they are going about it will not work their eyes glaze over and they stop hearing. A LOT of people will listen to a point then realize there is no way they are going to win. A few sadly fall in full speed ahead and just ruin their lives over it. :(
Thankfully, I've never had one in my circle ( family, friends ). But it's pretty obvious what personality type takes this particular path all the way.
A sovereign citizen is my go to example when I need to illustrate how going far enough to the Right will eventually become Left.

A LOT of the guys who get into this sovereign citizen thing are VERY vocal about it. Many of them it becomes like some kind of cult. Had a buddy long ago who went off the deep end with this stuff when it was something fairly new.
I crossed paths with some of them in the early 80's in Redmond, OR when the 'militia' movement was in force.

These were the ones who took the license plates off their vehicles and replaced them with cardboard cutouts with 'MILITIA' on them.

I was invited to one of their 'meetings' at the time and went but they were pretty much off the deep end so I quietly bowed out.

Recently I stumbled on a couple vids on YT and it was about LEO stops of people who called themselves 'sovereign citizens'.

It seems they have a standard 'script' memorized when the LEOs asked them why they didn't have DLs , or when asked why they were driving they would answer by saying something to the effect of they are not 'driving' but were 'traveling', along with a bunch of other BS as well.

I crossed paths with some of them in the early 80's in Redmond, OR when the 'militia' movement was in force.

These were the ones who took the license plates off their vehicles and replaced them with cardboard cutouts with 'MILITIA' on them.

I was invited to one of their 'meetings' at the time and went but they were pretty much off the deep end so I quietly bowed out.

Recently I stumbled on a couple vids on YT and it was about LEO stops of people who called themselves 'sovereign citizens'.

It seems they have a standard 'script' memorized when the LEOs asked them why they didn't have DLs , or when asked why they were driving they would answer by saying something to the effect of they are not 'driving' but were 'traveling', along with a bunch of other BS as well.
The whole " traveling " not " driving " argument is based on some obscure reference to " driving " being a commercial definition for operation of a vehicle.
The entirety of sovereign citizenship seems to be arguments that nobody wants to participate in. I would honestly like to see them win once in a while, but only because I love Chaos.

Back in the '70s or '80s there was a group of these sovereign citizen guys, mostly in Montana IIRC, who would set up their own "Peoples' Courts," and claim other people's property. They would make up legal looking court documents granting them title to a property and then file it at the county courthouse. It would take the legal owner of the property quite a hassle and expense to get the liens removed. For a while one extended family in Montana was selling information kits on how to do this. Sometimes they did it to get revenge on people they had a beef with, but other times they tried to claim other people's property. I think most of them ended up going to prison. This is all from memory so I might have some of the details wrong.

I think some people who bought these information kits actually thought they could get away with it. Maybe this guy tried something similar? Just speculating. :s0092:

Yep that's the same routine. It was in the late 70's when buddy of mine started in. They were sending out VHS tapes showing how to "do it". As soon as I watched a few of them I thought these people are nuts. Now they of course have the net to spread that kookerie. :(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews