JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Witness to robbery at Capital Mall fires gun during incident, Olympia police say

Excerpt...

The 75-year-old man saw this and chased after him, firing one round in the air to get him to stop. The 23-year-old man later ran into a nearby Outback Steakhouse restaurant and tried to hide in a booth, although staff pointed him out to police. He was arrested on suspicion of second-degree robbery. The 75-year-old man stayed at the scene and waited for police. Lower said they are going to refer the firing of the gun to the Thurston County Prosecutor's Office to see whether the man should face charges

Read more at: https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article270175197.html#storylink=cpy

Why does that not surprise me, the man was trying to do something good and yes it may have been somewhat reckless but I bet you they are going to crucify him if they can.... especially if it's an old man that's white... and of course the nice little nod to "just let the police save you" rhetoric...

Witness to robbery at Capital Mall fires gun during incident, Olympia police say

Excerpt...

The 75-year-old man saw this and chased after him, firing one round in the air to get him to stop. The 23-year-old man later ran into a nearby Outback Steakhouse restaurant and tried to hide in a booth, although staff pointed him out to police. He was arrested on suspicion of second-degree robbery. The 75-year-old man stayed at the scene and waited for police. Lower said they are going to refer the firing of the gun to the Thurston County Prosecutor's Office to see whether the man should face charges

Read more at: https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article270175197.html#storylink=cpy
"The road to hell, is paved with good intentions"
Not right, not bright. But,
I hope the shooter does not get spanked too hard.
Best,
Gary

I'm happy the old guy didn't place his warning shot between dobad's shoulder blades, as that would be a bad outcome for all involved.

I think he should be lectured sternly about the legal jeopardy of firing a warning shot, as well as the twisted, crazy logic that could turn his warning shot into justification for the fleeing bad guy to return fire in self-defense.

The big lesson - one that he has probably absorbed already - is how personally & legally hazardous it can be to voluntarily remain anywhere near the scene when police will be (likely rapidly) responding to reports that a white rassist fired a gun in public.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads