JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear footsteps outside on my front porch, slow and quiet. At first I thought it was a random animal, but I go to the window to investigate. I hear footsteps retreating in the gravel and see someone carrying a flashlight.

They're far enough away at this point so I crack open the door, the man turns around and we stare at each other. I'm watching his hands, to see what he is holding. He doesn't know what I'm holding, low and ready behind the door.

After a few moments, he breaks the silence, "I'm looking for Justin." I ask him, "Who are you, do you have identification?" He replies, "It's in the truck." I forcefully say, "You need to leave right now." He starts walking and says, "Tell him to call. I left a note."

His truck is parked around the corner. I watch him walk away and scope the area after he leaves. The note on the door is printed with a phone number and hours to call, with a handwritten "case number". I figure he's a parole officer or something, but the number is for a damn shady bubblegum tow company. The reviews on the internet definitely have a theme of how crooked and greedy this company and employees are.

After a few minutes I take a quick spin around the neighborhood to ensure he really left. I didn't see anyone, nor a truck. Now I'm questioning, Who the bubblegum sends an employee to go creeping around at this time of night to leave a note? Have any of you heard of this before, or is it some kind of casing a house and checking to see vulnerabilities or stuff to steal?

-Robert
Next time don't let them leave with no punishment. BB gun them.

That's awesome! Even if it is 100% acting, it's damned effective. They would never ever go back there and they would be telling all their fellow lowlifes about it for days, "That dude will kill you, don't even think about going there, he's crazy".

I know a guy that hired a remodeling contractor in a sketchy area. He made a point of telling each of the workers in just casual conversation, "If anyone comes near my place to rob it, I'll just shoot them, I don't care about any consequences, I'll shoot them all" or something to that effect. It was all an act but he said they all were nervous after that anytime he would come in. :p
Way back in the 70's as a young married guy with a 2 year old, I lived in a duplex the other side of which was occupied by a fireman about my age, late 20's. The kid who lived in back of us was about 10 years old and a little punk. Apparently no adults were ever home and he was used to doing as he pleased. He was on a first name basis with the cops and was constantly in trouble, but nothing ever happened to him legally.

One day he was throwing large rocks over the fence and nearly hit Stan's little girl, who was the same age as mine. Stan hit the fence and was over it in one pull up. The kid ran for his house and slammed the sliding glass door behind him. Stan flung it back open and charged into the house, and found the kid behind a couch.

Stan grabbed the kid by the arm and held him up in the air, shaking him. "You see this arm?!!! If you ever touch or threaten harm to my family again I will find you and break it."

We never heard a peep out of that kid again. He was afraid of the crazy neighbor.

I think maybe repo guys and bail bondsmen are getting a bit too big for their britches these days. Probably influenced by stuff like that "bounty hunter" on TV that routinely trespasses in the course of looking for bail jumpers and carries what looks like an AR, but is really a paintball marker. He can't actually be operating like that without getting his head blown off, so that crap must be staged for the show.

I think maybe repo guys and bail bondsmen are getting a bit too big for their britches these days. Probably influenced by stuff like that "bounty hunter" on TV that routinely trespasses in the course of looking for bail jumpers and carries what looks like an AR, but is really a paintball marker. He can't actually be operating like that without getting his head blown off, so that crap must be staged for the show.
Not to mention that with a Homicide rap Duane Chapman is a Prohibited Person under Federal law... and going by his triggerhappy psychopath kick-every-door-he-sees-and-question-later pattern of behavior he's a PP for good reason.

Seriously, you tell me he's in my hood and I'm kitting out in full riot gear just in case until he's gone...

Not to mention that with a Homicide rap Duane Chapman is a Prohibited Person under Federal law... and going by his triggerhappy psychopath kick-every-door-he-sees-and-question-later pattern of behavior he's a PP for good reason.

Seriously, you tell me he's in my hood and I'm kitting out in full riot gear just in case until he's gone...
I was thinking more like these LEO wannabes...

Not happening on my property.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top