JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After a few moments, he breaks the silence, "I'm looking for Justin." I ask him, "Who are you, do you have identification?" He replies, "It's in the truck." I forcefully say, "You need to leave right now." He starts walking and says, "Tell him to call. I left a note."
I'm confused. Do you know Justin? If not, my response would not be "Who are you, do you have identification?" It would be something more like "There's no Justin here. Get lost before I call the cops." If you know Justin, sounds like you've got other problems.

I'm confused. Do you know Justin? If not, my response would not be "Who are you, do you have identification?" It would be something more like "There's no Justin here. Get lost before I call the cops." If you know Justin, sounds like you've got other problems.
I understood OP to say he just moved in and no affiliation with "Justin" (if that is even a real person and not made up BS). I've had people come here and ask for x person and I know know one ever lived here by that name. It's a practiced line for many of them imo.

From an above post:
I recently moved, if this guy really was a repo man, his info is severely outdated or plain incorrect. ...

I understood OP to say he just moved in and no affiliation with "Justin" (if that is even a real person and not made up BS). I've had people come here and ask for x person and I know know one ever lived here by that name. It's a practiced line for many of them imo.

From an above post:
So, I repeat:

my response would not be "Who are you, do you have identification?" It would be something more like "There's no Justin here. Get lost before I call the cops."

The reason I asked that question was to see what he was going to say, gathering intel. Even if he lied, that would still be intel itself.

If he did present identification, then good. If not, then no loss. He was still going to be kicked out, or worse, either way.

-Robert

Irwin Mann says that hogs work best... if you've got the time... or enough of 'em...
1648793720168.jpeg

Great scene where the sheriff investigating the disappearance of the wife-beater is eating BBQ while asking if anyone had seen him. He then says that it is the best BBQ he's ever had!

"For many months or even a year, my parents had random folks coming looking for that motorcycle. Peaking over fences, all hours of the night and day."

I heard an amusing story about a fellow who bought a place that just happened to contain a Harley left behind by the previous non-owner who stopped paying for it. The lien holder knew where it was and stopped by to reclaim it. The guy who had the property proceeded to partially disassemble it prior to arrival so the repo man found the handlebars askew, the heads and front barrel off with the piston and rod hanging out, and other components in a box. (Only those familiar with old HD basket cases known how forlorn this looks.) The property owner then handed them a bill for storage involving a considerable amount of time. Seeing that the bike was not running, or even a roll away, and that paying a HD shop to get it roadworthy would be expensive, the finance company was willing to take the lowball offer for the title. Reassembly commenced and was completed in a few hours.

"For many months or even a year, my parents had random folks coming looking for that motorcycle. Peaking over fences, all hours of the night and day."

I heard an amusing story about a fellow who bought a place that just happened to contain a Harley left behind by the previous non-owner who stopped paying for it. The lien holder knew where it was and stopped by to reclaim it. The guy who had the property proceeded to partially disassemble it prior to arrival so the repo man found the handlebars askew, the heads and front barrel off with the piston and rod hanging out, and other components in a box. (Only those familiar with old HD basket cases known how forlorn this looks.) The property owner then handed them a bill for storage involving a considerable amount of time. Seeing that the bike was not running, or even a roll away, and that paying a HD shop to get it roadworthy would be expensive, the finance company was willing to take the lowball offer for the title. Reassembly commenced and was completed in a few hours.
Nice…… and then the finance company promply raised interest rates for all the rest of us who pay our bills in full and on time…. because businesses don't "pay taxes" or "suck up losses"….their paying customers pay more to make up the difference.

o_O:rolleyes:

I can't speak to Hilsboro but in PDX these claimed tow services are just a hub for drugs and tweakers. They steal what they can whether it be a vehicle or cat or breakin into your house. In Portland there are some well known ones like at 88th and Sandy. So if you see someone who doesn't look right and they claim to be with auto related place imo it's 99.9% chance they are looking to steal vehicle or cat and/or other stuff.

If it doesn't look and feel right it isn't right imo. Seen so many of these and they always have a practiced excuse ready.

Most likely the note he left is for him to return to see if the note is gone. If note is gone that means someone is home. If note stays then they target for breakin or whatever.

Also if they r active in ur area it's very likely they will be back. I see reports daily on next door about cat being stolen from same car up to 3 times with owner having to pay as much as $2000 for repair each time. If there is a passive or welcoming environment they will keep returning for more. If it's a scary enviro for them such as if there is a vigilant and scary (if they think homeowner is crazy that's even better) homeowner who might shoot them or whatever they will tell their group to avoid that place.
A foster brother of mine, years ago, was the owner of a tow service I suspect was like those mentioned. All the employees were tweakers, and at one point said foster brother had to have sinus surgery to fix severe septum damage and remove a cyst.
It's not around anymore, but all this to say that yes, there are certainly entities operating in that world that fit the description mentioned.

My first thought was the guy was checking if someone was home. Second thought was the previous resident might have been selling drugs and dude was looking to score. Could be legit repo also. No way to know for sure.

Sounds like you might want to consider installing more security around your house. Bright automatic light for early warning, cameras, etc. Get a dog. Mine is only 30lbs but he scares the crap out of everyone.

Do you park in your garage? I feel like that's a must these days. Unfortunately I only have a two car garage so I have to park my truck outside. Luckily it's an old diesel so the converter isn't worth as much as my neighbors cats are. Someone was steeling my fuel (they lucky I didn't catch them) but parking in a more visible spot and a locking gas cap has deterred that for the time being. Portland, and the surrounding areas, has gotten as bad or worse than Oakland and SF.

Next time sling your 308 in a low ready. If anyone asks, say you sleep like that. 😉

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top