JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I can't make heads or tails from this. So I called around a couple places locally to put my VEPR on consignment since values have gone up on them. Figure since it's stritctly a home defense gun I'll trade down to another AK-12ga clone like the Saiga or other. One shop I call sounds very enthusiastic, straight up "hell yeah, bring it in!" It's got like 200 rounds put through it, it's basically in mint condition. Show up with one magazine and mention I have another one at home, wasn't sure if they even wanted more than one.

Thanks but no thanks.

Like if they had told me they didn't want it up front it's not like they would have hurt my feelings, but I don't understand why they would say bring it in and then decline to sell it. So I guess I'm wondering either what coded mistake I made or what they're looking for that I didn't realize. The fact that he seemed bothered I only had 2 mags makes me think that these dealers like to see them come in all kitted out and then part them out maybe? IDK... just seemed really weird.

Just want to make sure I approach this sale from the best possible angle single going into this clueless doesn't seem to be getting me in the right direction here. This is my first firearm sale.

Instead of consigning it, have you considered selling here or Gunbroker? That would eliminate the almost guaranteed clown show of a LGS.
I am not opposed to anything specifically, just still trying to sort things out. From what I understand in WA I have to transact the sale through a FFL. So there's that. And I figured if I just dropped it off and came back minus 10% that seemed pretty straight forward. And that seems to be the same fee at gunbroker.

If I sell here, how does it work if Joe Sixpack says "I'll go for it." He sends a check, it clears. Then I take it to my local gun shop and they ship it to him?

He probably didn't know what it was when you spoke to him on the phone, then saw it was one of those big scary guns and not grandpa's thurdy-thurdy and wet himself.
I've been in plenty of gun shops where the owners wouldn't know a century us build from a vepr. Not many import nerds , and even fewer who truly appreciate the real combloc goods.

Is it converted? Some shops won't touch a home smith job gun for liability reasons.
No. Pre import ban, non-foldable stock with a 10 round mag in basically mint condition. He seemed to be struggling putting the mag in lol. I explained they are clunky like that, so I guess going through this I think he may have thought my gun was just junk even though that's how they are lol.

I've been in plenty of gun shops where the owners wouldn't know a century us build from a vepr. Not many import nerds , and even fewer who truly appreciate the real combloc goods.
I'm about to downgrade to either that or the Saiga lol. Is the CUS really that bad? It's only purpose in life is to be able to shoot through drywall if ever necessary. As cool as the VEPR is, its sensitivity to what you put through it makes me feel like the USC can't be worse. She is a fussy girl.

I am not opposed to anything specifically, just still trying to sort things out. From what I understand in WA I have to transact the sale through a FFL. So there's that. And I figured if I just dropped it off and came back minus 10% that seemed pretty straight forward. And that seems to be the same fee at gunbroker.

If I sell here, how does it work if Joe Sixpack says "I'll go for it." He sends a check, it clears. Then I take it to my local gun shop and they ship it to him?
I'm not up on Washington state level concerning firearms so would have to defer to others on that one. But Federally, from BATFE:

6. May I lawfully ship a firearm directly to an out-of-State licensee, or must I have a licensee in my State ship it to him? May the licensee return the firearm to me, even if the shipment is across State lines? Any person may ship firearms directly to a licensee in any State, with no requirement for another licensee to ship the firearm. However, handguns and other concealable firearms are not mailable through the United States Postal Service and must be shipped via private common or contract carrier (18 U.S.C. § 1715). The USPS and private common or contract carriers may also have additional restrictions on firearms shipments by unlicensed persons. Firearms shipped to FFLs for repair or any other lawful purpose may be returned to the person from whom received without transferring the firearm through an FFL in the recipient's State of residence. FFLs may also return a replacement firearm of the same kind and type to the person from whom received (18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(2)(A)). An ATF Form 4473 is required for the return of the firearm, except in instances when a firearm is delivered to a licensee for the sole purpose of repair or customizing, and the same firearm or a replacement firearm is returned to the person from whom received (27 CFR § 478.124(a)).​
Easy-peasy and done all the time.

Last Edited:
Look at Gunbroker's completed sales for your model. That is a high water mark. Post it for sale locally on here or other sites. Easiest way to sell is meet at FFL dealer, collect cash from buyer, then dealer holds the rifle for 10 business days before buyer picks it up.

I'm about to downgrade to either that or the Saiga lol. Is the CUS really that bad? It's only purpose in life is to be able to shoot through drywall if ever necessary. As cool as the VEPR is, its sensitivity to what you put through it makes me feel like the USC can't be worse. She is a fussy girl.
Saigas are way up too. At least 6-7 years now . No more imports makes asking price climb . Completed sales may be a different story. As far as replacing it, those AOW Komrads from K USA are cool. Just over a grand for 12ga at retail, I believe.

Look at Gunbroker's completed sales for your model. That is a high water mark. Post it for sale locally on here or other sites. Easiest way to sell is meet at FFL dealer, collect cash from buyer, then dealer holds the rifle for 10 business days before buyer picks it up.
I am really trying but can not get their search to give me any results. If anyone can give me a URL it would be appreciated. I am using their advanced tab, completed, putting Molot in the title, selecting semi-auto shotguns and getting either 0 results or it's giving me current listings.

=|

Shoot man, post a pic and the model here. There are about 10 AK gurus on this forum.
Id also perhaps check out the AK forum as well and post a pic of the rifle/shotgun as well as listing any of the info (aside from the serial number, dont list that).
See if someone here or on the AK forum will aid in getting you a base price/value estimate for your firearm.

Since this is your first sale, try posting an ad here with a few pictures. Personally I use masking tape to cover the serial number in my pictures but thats just me and not necessary at all.
Figure it this way, That 10% the shop would take for consignment is now back in your pocket.

You of course have to go through an FFL still selling to a private party, but posting an ad here provides WAY more traffic to see your for sale Vepr rifle/shotgun.

So I can't make heads or tails from this. So I called around a couple places locally to put my VEPR on consignment since values have gone up on them. Figure since it's stritctly a home defense gun I'll trade down to another AK-12ga clone like the Saiga or other. One shop I call sounds very enthusiastic, straight up "hell yeah, bring it in!" It's got like 200 rounds put through it, it's basically in mint condition. Show up with one magazine and mention I have another one at home, wasn't sure if they even wanted more than one.

Thanks but no thanks.

Like if they had told me they didn't want it up front it's not like they would have hurt my feelings, but I don't understand why they would say bring it in and then decline to sell it. So I guess I'm wondering either what coded mistake I made or what they're looking for that I didn't realize. The fact that he seemed bothered I only had 2 mags makes me think that these dealers like to see them come in all kitted out and then part them out maybe? IDK... just seemed really weird.

Just want to make sure I approach this sale from the best possible angle single going into this clueless doesn't seem to be getting me in the right direction here. This is my first firearm sale.
When you out something on consignment but cancel it later, who pays for the transfer free to get it back? Same goes for pawnshops that let people buy their stuff back

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top