JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife plans to purse-carry; she would slightly prefer AIWB, but she never wears belts!

So, where in Oregon are stores where she can see such products in person?

We're near Eugene; I won't spend money in Portland, but 100 miles or so would not be a bad trip.

Have you had her try a holster with an Ulticlip? It allows you to easily carry without a belt if your pants are tight enough and the gun is light enough. I use them on my fixed blades and TQ holster.

67E78463-5863-4377-B8A8-10F0D0B21FEA.jpeg

Try Ladies of Lead in Redmond if you happen to travel east of the mountains.

Cabela's has has carried "Gun Tote'n Mama" purses.

Wifey has a 12/6 carry purse that is very nice. They use the cable reinforced straps. They make them after ordering and you different materials to choose from. Kind of spendy for us frugal folks, but high quality to be sure. They're here in Oregon in Creswell.

My wife plans to purse-carry; she would slightly prefer AIWB, but she never wears belts!

We're near Eugene; I won't spend money in Portland, but 100 miles or so would not be a bad trip.
Ooo, and you're right there I just noticed! :s0115:

Cabela's has has carried "Gun Tote'n Mama" purses.

Wifey has a 12/6 carry purse that is very nice. They use the cable reinforced straps. They make them after ordering and you different materials to choose from. Kind of spendy for us frugal folks, but high quality to be sure. They're here in Oregon in Creswell.
It's just me but I'd rather wear a belt than carry around a miniature suitcase all day long.

Tick Licker is located in both Corvallis and Salem! We have a decent amount of options for firearms and some options for holsters. Additionally, she might look into belly band holsters or sticky holsters. Neither of which require the use of a belt to function

https://www.cascadefirearms.com/ is in Vancouver, WA and they have a whole section of the store dedicated to purses. Awfully nice folks there too.

So some good advice on locations above.

The next important step is to consider is how the gun will be secured in the purse. This is where, even with a good purse, it can come off the rails. My bride works with women shooters all the time and has even attended an off body carry instructor class. (I'll try to get her to respond to this when she can.) Crossbreed makes some inserts that have been working well in some of her purses. It varies significantly on the purse and firearm combination (not a surprise). Although as usual when she left the house today, her M&P was in an on-body holster, she understands that it is not always possible // practical for women to carry on-body.

The folks at Tick Licker have been great to work with and she has also shopped at the big C and Sportmans. She has even found some "non gun" purses with pockets in the right place as if they were made for carry. Good luck on her quest!

My wife tried numerous holsters. Her constantly changing wardrobe didn't really allow for one style of holster to fit all of her outfits. She bought a few corset holster and that was the one way she found carrying a pistol was not only comfortable, but worked well regardless of what type of clothing she was wearing. Unfortunately, there isn't really a place to go and try these on, you must order them online.

Belly bands work well, phlster just came out with a new style of them called the "eclipse", I believe. Otherwise, get a purse, stitch a Velcro panel in, get a Maxpedition Velcro universal holster, and you're golden.

Purse carry has never sounded like a good idea to me. If you're getting robbed, a purse is going to be the first thing the perp demands, or snatches. Is the woman carrying in her purse supposed to tell the robber to hold on so she can take out her gun first?

Last Edited:

Look for some at Cabela's or Coastal (Albany). Coastal has Gun Totin" Momma, Buck and a few other choices, Cabela's usually has only Gun Totin' Momma. Crossbreed sells amazing kydex hosters for the purses. Make sure she practices shooting using the purse. I am an instructor if she needs some help, let me know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top