JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It all comes down to two words..."fear mongering." It is all the right has in their arsenal at the moment.

Where was all the pro-gun legislation when the far right had complete control of the country for six solid years?

I've got to agree on both of these counts. I think Pelosi doesnt want to be seen as taking her attention off of the economy. A lot of the stupid rumors online about Obama banning guns has acomplished the anti-gun forces want without having a ban: Prices are going up, less people can afford stuff, less people can afford to shoot.

Would life have been better with Demo's at the wheel the last 8 years?

Yes. Bush, Cheny, Rummy, and co. ran this country into the ground in order to prop up the profits of their corporate overlords by funneling them public money. I really wasnt that fond of being robbed to raise their stock prices, how about you?

I've got to agree on both of these counts. I think Pelosi doesnt want to be seen as taking her attention off of the economy. A lot of the stupid rumors online about Obama banning guns has acomplished the anti-gun forces want without having a ban: Prices are going up, less people can afford stuff, less people can afford to shoot.
Wrong, sales are at record levels exactly the opposite of what gun banners wanted. Pelosi doesn't want a mass exodus of Demos from congress AKA the results of the Clinton AWB, if you think her motives are altruistic think again.

Yes. Bush, Cheny, Rummy, and co. ran this country into the ground in order to prop up the profits of their corporate overlords by funneling them public money. I really wasnt that fond of being robbed to raise their stock prices, how about you?
Wrong, all politicians Demo's and Republican's alike ran this country into the ground, people living beyond there means ran this country into the ground, divide and conquer while we chose sides with the people that do nothing for us. Check youtube and you can see video of all the Demo's calling for war in Iraq. I've chosen sides, I chose my side!

Wrong, all politicians Demo's and Republican's alike ran this country into the ground, people living beyond there means ran this country into the ground, divide and conquer while we chose sides with the people that do nothing for us. Check youtube and you can see video of all the Demo's calling for war in Iraq. I've chosen sides, I chose my side!
That was a very stirring retelling of that "facts" just as you have been fed them by the right wing talking heads. It is too bad they have almost nothing to do with reality. The economy is the result of corporate entities having no restrictions on their behavior and bundling sub-prime mortgages and other worthless papers and leveraging them as A+ commodities to pad their stock prices and pay-outs. It is a problem that has been brewing since Reagan and was exasperated by 8yrs of blatant and unabashed pro-corporation "leadership" in Washington.

It is funny how "pro gun" the right is when they are on the minority end and know there bills will not pass, but when they are in power and could accomplish something unopposed they somehow manage to allow their pro-gun convictions to sip their minds for six years solid.

You are correct the republicans did not promote MORE gun rights but they sure did not do much for in the way of increasing firearm restrictions. Thats a democrat thing...

It is funny how "pro gun" the right is when they are on the minority end and know there bills will not pass, but when they are in power and could accomplish something unopposed they somehow manage to allow their pro-gun convictions to sip their minds for six years solid.

This is definitely true. I'm a conservative somewhere to the right of Rush Limbaugh, and we haven't had a conservative president since Ronald Reagan. Bush I and II were not conservative, and both were huge disappointments (think "read my lips: no new taxes" and amnesty-for-illegals/Harriet Meyers/ drunken-sailoresque spending habits respectively.)

But it works both ways, and many liberals are learning that right now with The One (as they did with Slick.) Politicians of both major parties pander to the base when campaigning, and move to the middle after they are elected. Nothing new there. Neither party is "pro-gun" when it comes down to it.

Ever wonder why that might be?

That was a very stirring retelling of that "facts" just as you have been fed them by the right wing talking heads. It is too bad they have almost nothing to do with reality. The economy is the result of corporate entities having no restrictions on their behavior and bundling sub-prime mortgages and other worthless papers and leveraging them as A+ commodities to pad their stock prices and pay-outs. It is a problem that has been brewing since Reagan and was exasperated by 8yrs of blatant and unabashed pro-corporation "leadership" in Washington.

I agree with you on most of what you said, this is not news to me, but I disagree that the Democrats are any less to blame, I also blame the people that signed up for these bad loans , nobody put a gun to there head and forced them to buy a house that was twice what the could afford. As I said I'm not on the left side or the right side, I'm on my side. Republicans and Democrats are a two headed snake.

I haven't been fed propaganda, just the opposite I do my research and judge on the facts available. My Pro-gun stance is influenced by my constutional rights not by the "right".

I agree with you on most of what you said, this is not news to me, but I disagree that the Democrats are any less to blame, I also blame the people that signed up for these bad loans , nobody put a gun to there head and forced them to buy a house that was twice what the could afford. As I said I'm not on the left side or the right side, I'm on my side. Republicans and Democrats are a two headed snake.

I haven't been fed propaganda, just the opposite I do my research and judge on the facts available. My Pro-gun stance is influenced by my constutional rights not by the "right".

I agree that the average American is culpable when it comes to living beyond their means on borrowed money they cant afford to pay back. However, in the political arena while Republicans had a dominant majority for 6 years and were in a position to change things, not only did they fail but at almost every turn they made things worse. So yeah, I blame the Republicants. Now some people would like to point out that the last 2 years, Democrats had a majority. True. Fact. But guess what? A democratic congress cant do anything constructive that goes along party lines without a huge majority (which they lacked) or a democratic president. If they had those 2 things, would anything have gotten done? Of course not, we're talking about congress here. But I'm willing to bet they could have avoided leading us any farther down the road to ruin. So in relative terms, yeah, I think they would have done better. But with the bar set so low, an improvement isnt a major accomplishment.

In my opinion, there are 2 major factors that have led us to this point. Bipartisan politics and organized religion. Although one could argue that's more on a social level, whereas on a governmental level, one might argue that many problems are a result of the intermingling of those two forces with the lack of informed participation from the people being governed. I dont want to expand upon this too much and write a novel but if you want something to blame, these would be the logical place to start. My ramblings.

And he's not talking about YOUR pro-gun stance, he's talking about the lack of committment to that position by the faux pro-gun Republicans once in power. However, like anyone else, your views on the subject are an amalgam of facts and fiction garnered from all of the pervasive sources that bombard us with information every day. As such, because your views happen to be similar to those of the people pumping out propaganda, it's only natural some of your rhetoric will reflect their ravings.

I agree that the average American is culpable when it comes to living beyond their means on borrowed money they cant afford to pay back. However, in the political arena while Republicans had a dominant majority for 6 years and were in a position to change things, not only did they fail but at almost every turn they made things worse. So yeah, I blame the Republicants. Now some people would like to point out that the last 2 years, Democrats had a majority. True. Fact. But guess what? A democratic congress cant do anything constructive that goes along party lines without a huge majority (which they lacked) or a democratic president. If they had those 2 things, would anything have gotten done? Of course not, we're talking about congress here. But I'm willing to bet they could have avoided leading us any farther down the road to ruin. So in relative terms, yeah, I think they would have done better. But with the bar set so low, an improvement isnt a major accomplishment.

In my opinion, there are 2 major factors that have led us to this point. Bipartisan politics and organized religion. Although one could argue that's more on a social level, whereas on a governmental level, one might argue that many problems are a result of the intermingling of those two forces with the lack of informed participation from the people being governed. I dont want to expand upon this too much and write a novel but if you want something to blame, these would be the logical place to start. My ramblings.

And he's not talking about YOUR pro-gun stance, he's talking about the lack of committment to that position by the faux pro-gun Republicans once in power. However, like anyone else, your views on the subject are an amalgam of facts and fiction garnered from all of the pervasive sources that bombard us with information every day. As such, because your views happen to be similar to those of the people pumping out propaganda, it's only natural some of your rhetoric will reflect their ravings.

You both still don't get me, "you" are using "your" rhetoric to group me in as a follower of a certain party line. I don't know how to be more clear on my views as an independent. When you two use the words, you and your, it has the effect of meaning me, so chose your words more carefully.

Labeling someone you don't agree with or understand is a cop out.

You both still don't get me, "you" are using "your" rhetoric to group me in as a follower of a certain party line. I don't know how to be more clear on my views as an independent. When you two use the words, you and your, it has the effect of meaning me, so chose your words more carefully.

Labeling someone you don't agree with or understand is a cop out.
Actually, it is just being pointed out that your account of the facts is not congruent with reality. How you came to your conclusions is irrelevant.

:( Boys, boys, off topic and have let tempers fly.:(

Let's leave character attacs to policians. That's what we pay them for. :p

Seems like this thread has exhausted its usefulness. I wish I could close a non-classified thread. :/

Gentlemen, stay on topic and lay off each other.

We need to understand the situation we all may be facing, and with that I really don't think it matters how we got here, but it's here!

So lets band together like the brothers and sisters we are, and move forward.

Actually, it is just being pointed out that your account of the facts is not congruent with reality.[

You really dont think anyone has a differing view? Yours is the only one thats correct?

This is a great post..for figuring out who's who.. Helps figure out who I don't want to do buisness with...:D

Right because what a travesty of justice it would be to do business with someone who doesnt share your exact views. It's really sad to see people who are so incredibly close minded.

However, like anyone else, your views on the subject are an amalgam of facts and fiction garnered from all of the pervasive sources that bombard us with information every day. As such, because your views happen to be similar to those of the people pumping out propaganda, it's only natural some of your rhetoric will reflect their ravings.

Yup how close minded of us to think different than you!

Good sparring some of us have had here today. :s0045: as long as we remember that what we all have in common, counts more than what we don't. I've found that if you want to know what's going on be it right or left, follow the money. Never failed yet. :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads