JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you planned for the event of being subject to an Extreme Risk Protection Order?
You will likely have less than 24hrs to move or otherwise secure your firearms, edged weapons, ammo and possibly firearm accessories. If you have a large collection that could prove difficult to accomplish on short notice.

For those who are planning to refuse LE access to your premises, I wish you the best of luck. But I am looking for methods that won't get me dead or locked up.

Here are a couple of ideas I had for people with large collections. One is to transfer ownership (document this with paper contract) of your collection to a well trusted relative that is legally allowed to recieve the weapons with out a background check. Give this person immediate access to live on the premises. You may want to tell authorities you are living elsewhere as of the day they arrive to try and pick up the weapons.

If you don't have any trusted relatives you may want to reach out to a trusted FFL who would provide a quick reaction recovery and storage service for you.

For smaller collections there will be much easier ways to prevent the authorities from having to take them.

Other ideas?

Have you planned for the event of being subject to an Extreme Risk Protection Order?
You will likely have less than 24hrs to move or otherwise secure your firearms, edged weapons, ammo and possibly firearm accessories. If you have a large collection that could prove difficult to accomplish on short notice.

For those who are planning to refuse LE access to your premises, I wish you the best of luck. But I am looking for methods that won't get me dead or locked up.

Here are a couple of ideas I had for people with large collections. One is to transfer ownership (document this with paper contract) of your collection to a well trusted relative that is legally allowed to recieve the weapons with out a background check. Give this person immediate access to live on the premises. You may want to tell authorities you are living elsewhere as of the day they arrive to try and pick up the weapons.

If you don't have any trusted relatives you may want to reach out to a trusted FFL who would provide a quick reaction recovery and storage service for you.

For smaller collections there will be much easier ways to prevent the authorities from having to take them.

Other ideas?

Move to Idaho on paper

How about not outwardly behaving in such a manner as to not inspiring an ERPO?

Take me for instance; I'm a sheite posting, ball-bustin', jocular, guy who's quite polite in person that most people even like.... but the truth is, if you genuinely have it coming... you'll die laughing.

See? Problem solved! ;):D

Last Edited:
How about not outwardly behaving in such a manner as to not inspiring an ERPO?

Take me for instance; I'm a sheite posting, ball-bustin', jocular, guy who's quite polite in person that most people even like.... but the truth is, if you genuinely have it coming... you'll die laughing.

See? Problem solved! ;):D
I plan to keep my nose clean in that regard but may remain at higher risk anyways thanks to another in the household and because I would prefer that the other be removed from the household rather then me having to move my collection. It might be a moot point anyways, unless they have luck enforcing the ERPOs confiscations on others in the household of the ERPO target (like they are trying to do in WA case). I like to plan ahead for this sort of thing.

You'll find out you have an ERPO the same time you find out they are taking the guns. They don't give you advance warning.
You are suppose to get 24 hours notice:
You must, within 24 hours, surrender all deadly weapons in your custody, control or
possession to (insert name of local law enforcement agency), a gun dealer or a third party
who may lawfully possess the deadly weapons.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top