JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NYC program will pay murderers $1,000/mo to stay out of trouble. Is this the solution to more restrictive gun laws? If it works, who needs gun control? (Har har!)

"Through an outfit called Advance Peace, the city will offer a stipend of $1,000 per month ("transformational opportunities") to "young men involved in lethal firearm offenses," at the same time pairing them with "neighborhood change agents" — "credible messengers, meaning they bring life experience, conflict mediation and mentorship skills to the target population."

index56.jpg

This was actually tried in offender rehab programs in a number of locations. It doesn't work. Surprised? Without going into specifics to protect my identity, I have first hand knowledge. Knobgoblin hit it pretty close to reality. I used to say if the general public knew what we have behind bars, there would be an outcry to promote the death penalty. Now.... I'm not so sure.

Last Edited:
NYC program will pay murderers $1,000/mo to stay out of trouble. Is this the solution to more restrictive gun laws? If it works, who needs gun control? (Har har!)

"Through an outfit called Advance Peace, the city will offer a stipend of $1,000 per month ("transformational opportunities") to "young men involved in lethal firearm offenses," at the same time pairing them with "neighborhood change agents" — "credible messengers, meaning they bring life experience, conflict mediation and mentorship skills to the target population."

Fricking ridiculous! :mad:

"Send more change agents!" lol

In sane world things are done that 1) have a track record of working or 2) are acknowledged to be experimental. Ie, approached with humility, a comprehensive plan and real metrics on which to judge.

Only in clown world, aka the USA overrun with 'activists', are experiments treated as done deals, the Obvious Cure, and if you don't support it you're racist/greedy/uncaring/stupid/pick your insult.

I predict this experiment will fail at reducing violence.

Been going on for a while in other places. Note the publish dates.

Call it....GREENMAIL.

"It begins by hiring a neighborhood safety director."

LOL....some person that is getting payback from the Political Machine no doubt.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews