JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's with blame being the only thing that matters?
Because life isnt perfect. People are human, what if you forget just one time to lock your door. Because making a crime victim is on the level of tyranny, its just simply egregious to point the finger at the theft victim. Any level of security can be breached, blaming the victim means they didnt do enough even if they did then what more requirements... which is the end game of gun control. Longer sentences dont reduce revitism but investing in rehabilitation programs would, instead of enforcing the blame on the good guy. Lost of ways to do this...

That makes no sense at all. Expertise has nothing to do with the issue. Rather trollish of you.
I was making the point that taking action makes you better at something through experience. Like driving a car. Not like having something in your pocket

I was making the point that taking action makes you better at something through experience. Like driving a car. Not like having something in your pocket
Which, again, has nothing to do with the point that I was making. Which you would know if you were actually listening. It seems like you have little interest in real discussion, but just want to disagree with everyone. You know, like a troll. Exactly like a troll.

I was making the point that taking action makes you better at something through experience.
as far as taking action the gun community is loaded with resources for training and safety programs. Classes are often booked months in advance. Safety programs promote safe storage.
The Democrats in Oregon unanimously shot down a gun safety program in schools, to teach kids to stop, dont touch, tell an adult. They unaniously refused to consider the bill. If the Dems cared about gun safety they would embrace such training and programs, clearly the writing is on the wall.... their intent is not gun safety but prohibition based. As long as they reject it I wont support their "common sense" legislation thats targeted at the lawful responsible gun owner, and now victim of theft.

Because life isnt perfect. People are human, what if you forget just one time to lock your door. Because making a crime victim is on the level of tyranny, its just simply egregious to point the finger at the theft victim. Any level of security can be breached, blaming the victim means they didnt do enough even if they did then what more requirements... which is the end game of gun control. Longer sentences dont reduce revitism but investing in rehabilitation programs would, instead of enforcing the blame on the good guy. Lost of ways to do this...
We are at this point in history because so many gun owners have been such consistently negligent morons. The problem is obvious, but people argue that they have the RIGHT to be stupid. So after years of this baloney, the stick comes out and everyone is just SHOCKED. C'mon.

Ahmon Arbery was killed because one of those morons got his gun stolen out of his unlocked truck the week before. This kind of thing is all too common. We don't do the right thing - now we are paying for it. I don't like the penalties, but it is SO
easy to comply with it.

Which, again, has nothing to do with the point that I was making. Which you would know if you were actually listening. It seems like you have little interest in real discussion, but just want to disagree with everyone. You know, like a troll. Exactly like a troll.
The point you were making is that carrying a gun is an active action, like driving. I disagreed and think it is passive activity, like wearing a watch.

as far as taking action the gun community is loaded with resources for training and safety programs. Classes are often booked months in advance. Safety programs promote safe storage.
The Democrats in Oregon unanimously shot down a gun safety program in schools, to teach kids to stop, dont touch, tell an adult. They unaniously refused to consider the bill. If the Dems cared about gun safety they would embrace such training and programs, clearly the writing is on the wall.... their intent is not gun safety but prohibition based. As long as they reject it I wont support their "common sense" legislation thats targeted at the lawful responsible gun owner, and now victim of theft.
I have never met a human being who has attended a voluntary firearms safety-only training course. But I do get guns pointed at me every time I go to the range. I would say the unsafe morons are a lot more conspicuous .

Weren't you blaming the car's owner earlier after a criminal broke into his car & stole his gun?
Because only one person can be to blame? Every interaction is 100% one party's responsibility. Thwre is no such thing as contributory negligence.

More importantly, assigning blame us the only point in any law. Certainly not making our society nicer to live in. Blame. Blame. Blame. Blame

Whar would be the point of a law with no penalty for noncompliance?

We are at this point in history because so many gun owners have been such consistently negligent morons. The problem is obvious, but people argue that they have the RIGHT to be stupid. So after years of this baloney, the stick comes out and everyone is just SHOCKED. C'mon.

Ahmon Arbery was killed because one of those morons got his gun stolen out of his unlocked truck the week before. This kind of thing is all too common. We don't do the right thing - now we are paying for it. I don't like the penalties, but it is SO
easy to comply with it.
Nobody's arguing a right to be stupid, but I agree that the owners that -dont- lock up their guns bring these laws upon themselves (and the rest of us).
The argument I'm making is there isn't a security device that's entirely foolproof, and when that gets defeated its evidence someone didn't do enough. When does it stop? I travel regularly with guns primarily for hunting season, I buy the latest technology I can reasonably afford way better than simple cable boxes. I still have to stop at rest stops, gas stations, restaurants, friends homes, not to mention navigate the myriad of ever increasing "gun free" zones along the way. One time my vehicle broke down and I had no place to put anything except inside while I hoofed it outta the woods to get help. Maybe you don't ever travel with yours and feel one size fits all. But I find it egregious that the burden of a crime is placed on responsible gun owners. So creating a criminal penalty for a crime victim helps but yet somehow increasing the penalty of the actual crime doesn't reduce recidivation... right. All my life Ive watched more and more infringements placed on lawful gun owners and nothing has changed and its not gonna change with this one. A certain percentage of all societies are criminals and that will never change.

I have never met a human being who has attended a voluntary firearms safety-only training course. But I do get guns pointed at me every time I go to the range. I would say the unsafe morons are a lot more conspicuous .
Sounds like you need to find a new RSO.
So let me introduce you to anyone whos got a CHL. And anyone else in the country whos a member of a gun club (well... except for maybe yours?), and anyone else who competes in gun competitions. The Kids Safe Foundation regularly holds free -voluntary- firearms safety only training coursed and reaches thousands of children and their adults every year.

Sounds like you need to find a new RSO.
So let me introduce you to anyone whos got a CHL. And anyone else in the country whos a member of a gun club (well... except for maybe yours?), and anyone else who competes in gun competitions. The Kids Safe Foundation regularly holds free -voluntary- firearms safety only training coursed and reaches thousands of children and their adults every year.
Anyone who took a CHL traing course with no shooting got a CHL out of it. I dont know anyone who volunteered to be lectured about gun safety without getting something else out if it.

Slippery slope? It stops when you can't steal a gun from a trunk with no tools in 8 seconds.
the slippery slope is not a fallacy when there is active progress being made to facilitate the increase of the claim.
Its impossible to break into a car without tools. Its worth noting a trunk has no windows either... when does it stop?

the slippery slope is not a fallacy when there is active progress being made to facilitate the increase of the claim.
Its impossible to break into a car without tools. Its worth noting a trunk has no windows either... when does it stop?
Rock, smash, trunk release, grab, leave. Nothing valuable? No loss, it took no tme or effort.

Which is why it happens SO much.

Anyone who took a CHL traing course with no shooting got a CHL out of it. I dont know anyone who volunteered to be lectured about gun safety without getting something else out if it.
Nobodys forcing people to get a CHL, in fact most have to pay money for the class. See the rest of my post for others who -also- volunteered to be lectured about gun safety without getting something else out of it. https://kidssafefoundation.org/about/

again my friend your position on this whats responsible argument is weak. Instead of putting our energy and resources into laws that criminalize victims why dont we create laws and legislation that expand these gun safety programs. Make gun safety classes free for anyone who wants one regardless of CHLs or whatever. Im sure the Democrats would love to cover that with more taxes certainly we can do this.... :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top