JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an annoying lefty cousin & you're starting to sound like her-- just an observation, not critiquing your work
And you sound like every gun forum guy who can't put together a cogent argument and settles for ad hominem. Just saying.

You could have saved a lot of typing by just callling me a troll.

Back to the groupthink.

Are you aware the ATF considers safe handgun storage in a gun store to be inside a glass case?

The glass in my car is at least as good as that of a federally required storage method--seems like that should be good enough
Your gun store has glass cases full of guns parallel parked on the street overnight?!

Great point.

@RX-79G rather than continue your circular arguments I have a fair question for you. Rather than spending the energy and resources enforcing new laws that make the victim liable we spend the same energy doubling the consequences for the criminal?
I already addressed that. What is douvle the sentence for a 10 year old? What sentence does a schizophrenic fear? If prison is so bad, why is recidivism so high?

No, heavier sentences are completely ineffective on much of the population we're talking about. Young, stupid or crazy - not able to understand consequences. Like animals.

billdeserthills point is exactly why blaming the victim is an anti-gun position. Any level of security can be defeated.

Never read about a gun shop a car was driven into?Those cases get cleared out in minutes

I knew a fellow dealer & he got hit 3 times before he moved to a 2nd floor shop

'Later' came around sooner than I had expected
What does this have to do with car prowls? Who is driving into a building break a car window?

Does this really seem to apply to you?

I already addressed that. What is douvle the sentence for a 10 year old? What sentence does a schizophrenic fear? If prison is so bad, why is recidivism so high?

No, heavier sentences are completely ineffective on much of the population we're talking about. Young, stupid or crazy - not able to understand consequences. Like animals.
Were talking about crimnal intent, victim liability for crimes committed with guns here, not accidental or negligent discharges such as a 10yr old. "young , stupid or crazy" does not make up the criminal element. Longer sentences are effective, its an established fact that if someone is behind bars they cannot commit "gun violence". More circular arguments, sorry but in 6 pages of debate youve presented no valid reason to put the blame on the crime victim and present a lot of fallacies and anti-gun positions.

As far as guns not logging millions of hours I disagree. By design, just owning one and having it available is using it for its intended purpose. Its not really a true analogy to compare usage by hours of activity.

If we equate wearing a gun with driving a car, I think an awful lot of hours get logged on a carry gun. A lot of us spend 18 hours a day strapped. Not a lot of us spend 18 hours a day in a motor vehicle. 126 hours a week packing vs maybe 4 driving. I know there are still more drivers than carriers but it's the proper way to compare.

Last Edited:
Then don't lock your car, leave the windows down and gun on the dash. It's all the same, right?
except nobody's suggesting that. The consequence of irresponsibility is the loss of the item, its also worth noting that there are already gross negligence laws that can be enforced in these situations, so at the end of the day Im still not gonna blame the victim for the criminal action of the thief.

@billdeserthills its true that ad homenems dont win debates. This has otherwise been a pretty civil debate.

Were talking about crimnal intent, victim liability for crimes committed with guns here, not accidental or negligent discharges such as a 10yr old. "young , stupid or crazy" does not make up the criminal element. Longer sentences are effective, its an established fact that if someone is behind bars they cannot commit "gun violence". More circular arguments, sorry but in 6 pages of debate youve presented no valid reason to put the blame on the crime victim and present a lot of fallacies and anti-gun positions.
Long sentences keep criminals off the street longer, but they have to victimize someone AND be caught for that to happen. How many arrests will it take to empty the streets with a homicide clearance rate of just 58%?

That's so miserable I just assumed you were talking about deterance sentencing, which also has poor stats.

Either way, the OR law addresses both juveniles and adults who are able to get guns easily due to poor storage. It doeant matter what their intent is if you care more about preventing people becime victims or assinging blame after their dead.

What's with blame being the only thing that matters?

Long sentences keep criminals off the street longer, but they have to victimize someone AND be caught for that to happen. How many arrests will it take to empty the streets with a homicide clearance rate of just 58%?

That's so miserable I just assumed you were talking about deterance sentencing, which also has poor stats.

Either way, the OR law addresses both juveniles and adults who are able to get guns easily due to poor storage. It doeant matter what their intent is if you care more about preventing people becime victims or assinging blame after their dead.

What's with blame being the only thing that matters?
Weren't you blaming the homeowner earlier for getting their gun stolen?

except nobody's suggesting that. The consequence of irresponsibility is the loss of the item, its also worth noting that there are already gross negligence laws that can be enforced in these situations, so at the end of the day Im still not gonna blame the victim for the criminal action of the thief.

@billdeserthills its true that ad homenems dont win debates. This has otherwise been a pretty civil debate.
I wasn't aware we were debating, besides I find it tends to 'fire up' the other guy, often helping him look even dumber than normal-- not that troll-guy needs any help, of course

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top