JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Watched a fairly recent (2021) PBS documentary on the Ruby Ridge incident.

Man, pretty dang dramatic and really sad at the same time. I am typically not one who will necessarily stand in 'protest' over something but if I were there at the time I would have no doubt been with the group that was after the shooting of his wife and son.

Don't watch if you have high BP !

I won't watch it as I do not believe most of what PBS puts up outside of nature shows...and even then....

Is it the one below?
Yes. If anything the bias appeared to be AGAINST the Gov & FBI on this.
I won't watch it as I do not believe most of what PBS puts up
PBS did not 'put anything up' with this.

It was a documentary with mostly original video with a lot of interviews with locals, FBI agents and with Weaver's daughter Sara.

I won't watch it as I do not believe most of what PBS puts up outside of nature shows...and even then....
PBS is widely considered the most trustworthy news source in America, has been ranked that by national polling for 19 years running. I watch the Newshour as my principle source of news and find it immensely informative, generally balanced, rich in content and quality of reporting. MUCH more so than any other TV news source. If you "don't believe" what PBS puts out, I think that says more about YOUR biases than theirs.

PBS is widely considered the most trustworthy news source in America, has been ranked that by national polling for 19 years running. I watch the Newshour as my principle source of news and find it immensely informative, generally balanced, rich in content and quality of reporting. MUCH more so than any other TV news source. If you "don't believe" what PBS puts out, I think that says more about YOUR biases than theirs.
Perhaps. Just because they are not as big of liars or are more nuanced and subtle as some others does not make them trustworthy. Feel free to let them brainwash you, I won't. I'm not saying anything about the Ruby Ridge story, it may be perfect and honest and good for them if they got one story out honorably and honest. {/shrugs}

Of interest:

"A Gallup/Knight Foundation survey found that Americans think most of the news they consume is inaccurate and biased."

I've heard some remarkably biased stuff on the This American Life segment, to the point where I don't listen to it anymore. The news itself, I don't know as I never followed that.

My favorite part was when the journalist (or was it the marshal?) speaking of the Weavers, said incredulously, "They really thought the federal government was evil."

Imagine that. :eek:

Perhaps. Just because they are not as big of liars or are more nuanced and subtle as some others does not make them trustworthy. Feel free to let them brainwash you, I won't. I'm not saying anything about the Ruby Ridge story, it may be perfect and honest and good for them if they got one story out honorably and honest. {/shrugs}

Of interest:

"A Gallup/Knight Foundation survey found that Americans think most of the news they consume is inaccurate and biased."

I've heard some remarkably biased stuff on the This American Life segment, to the point where I don't listen to it anymore. The news itself, I don't know as I never followed that.
^^^ My, limited, experience also.

I only trust PBS to have less "Drama" and more truth than the far left MSM lying scum.

RE: The Ruby Ridge mess. It was totally effed up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top