JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A couple of months ago, my daughter had her birthday party at Wings & Waves Waterpark. She invited 5 of her friends and we planned to have a great day. Well, within the first 15 minutes or so, two individuals stood out to me as being very odd or creepy. One man kept hovering over by "our" chairs, where we kept our bags and towels. He was just standing in the fountains that my 3 yr old was playing in. The other older guy, pulled up a chair at the hot tub and just sat there and never went in. Weird because he'd just look at people in the tub and watch people go in and out.

I kept watching the younger guy who was maybe in his 30's or 40's. He's about 6'4 and at least 350 lbs. My group went upstairs to grab something to eat and for those of you who haven't been there before, you can look down and have a full view of everything in the park. I saw the guy sit in one of our chairs that had stuff on the seat and a towel draped over the back. I couldn't see exactly what he was doing because his back was towards me but it looked like he was just sitting there.

I went back down and looked through our stuff and didn't find anything missing. These two guys didn't do anything else for the next 3 hours. I found it odd since it's a pretty expensive place to go if you're not going down the slides or into the pool. But 3 hours into our 4 hour session, my daughter and her friends start yelling over at me and trying to get my attention. I could tell something happened because of her body language, so I sprint over to her and was told that the big guy lunged at one of her friends and grabbed her butt. Before she could finish her sentence I'm going at a full sprint towards the guy. Once I start yelling at him, I knew immediately that he wasn't all there. He started making a "whimpering" sound and just started making other weird noises. The whole time it didn't dawn on me that what he was interested in was 13 year old girls. Upsets me that I didn't think of this possibility and could've prevented this from happening if I watched him more closely.

By then the operations manager showed up and informed me that the he spoke with the father already. Guess who the father is? Yup, the guy at the hot tub. Just the fact that he already knew who the father was and spoke with him before I could even get to the son told me that they knew each other.

What happens next is what is really upsetting to my family. Wings & Waves did not want to call police and only called after 15 minutes of arguing. They did not have a policy in place that would give employees or management direction on what to do in these kinds of events. Not only that, the man did not get kicked out despite my complaints. He was free to enjoy the rest of his time there, potentially molesting other 13 year old girls. A crime was committed in their building and they did not seem to care.

Police told me they can't arrest the man (despite many witnesses) due to his mental capacity. They told me it was the equivalent to a 5 year old grabbing a girls butt. I've tried to follow up with Wing's & Waves but they literally told me, "Well police was called, what more do you want us to do?" They didn't even bother to call the girl's parents to apologize. They also told me the man would only be banned if he was found guilty in court. The police told me he would never see the courtroom because he would need to pass a psych exam.

So, we feel like nothing is happening and no one cares. We've posted negative reviews on social media but they somehow get everything deleted. Same for all of her friends and dozens of other people who we don't even know. I believe the guy is a regular there and this has happened before. If anyone has any ideas on how we get make sure this doesn't happen to another 13 year old please let me know. My daughter and her friends feel like no one cares.

Last Edited:
I don't know the place, but the cops know as well as anybody that if you take care of the little things, you'll have a lot less big things. The issue the police have is knowing that the district attorney won't support them. Glad it wasn't worse, but next time might not end so well.

Edit: Oh, I looked up Wings and Waves - the Evergreen air museum. I heard some great stories told by the airmen to my kids when they were young. That place was special. Sorry that you had some issues, hopefully they take a look at their policies, as a minimum they should have tossed the offender and had a discussion about what is proper if the cops wouldn't do anything.

Someone needs to get video of him doing it, and the subsequent conversation with management. I wouldn't go public with this until you have very strong evidence and advice from an attorney.

Did the Police at least talk with the perv? Put the fear of God in him? It's the absolute least they could do.

Someone needs to get video of him doing it, and the subsequent conversation with management. I wouldn't go public with this until you have very strong evidence and advice from an attorney.

Did the Police at least talk with the perv? Put the fear of God in him? It's the absolute least they could do.
They never even talked to him. Which made me think this had happened before. They only talked to the dad. They asked me to point to the guy when they arrived and that's it.

They never even talked to him. Which made me think this had happened before. They only talked to the dad. They asked me to point to the guy when they arrived and that's it.
The father knows its happening and is protecting the pervert. Pervert even if he is "limited" knows he is getting away with it because this was NOT the first time. He has no fear because he is being protected and allowed to do this. Sadly someone will hurt him, then they will be charged with a crime.

The father of the perv is the one responsible. He brings the molester to the water park. Pressure should be applied to him to keep the molester in check. Obviously, the father has the resources to regularly attend an expensive venue. The water park puts up with this because the steady customer brings in revenue. It is very unlikely that the water park will take any action.

If it can be established that there is a pattern of this behavior, and that the father is aware of it, he is vulnerable.

You get what you vote for or mandatory mail in ballot votes for! Just releasing sex offenders and other criminals. Just like the homeless population. Most already serious criminals. Your Governor is releasing even more on her way out the door as we speak!

"Whimper and make other weird noises", I will remember that tactic the next time I get pulled over for doing 65 in a 25.

That father and son must have been laughing about that bit the entire drive home.

Sue wings and waves for creating an unsafe environment.
You know sadly some times it seems this is the only way to get things like this "fixed". I normally loath the bottom feeders and all the sue actions but, some times its seems the only way. Some times it seems the only way to get the damn places to step up is make it cost them big money. A simpler and FAR more effective "fix" would be jail the damn father who is taking that pervert there knowing he is going to go after kids. Sadly that is of course not going to happen so making it cost the damn place money may be the only "fix" :mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top