JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in East Multnomah and I am looking for pawn shops that sell firearms. I have heard that if you frequent them sometimes you can find a really good deals and I would just like to check some out in the area. The only pawn shop I know of that is relatively close to me is Money Market and their prices seem decent, I haven't seen any amazing deals. Is there any other pawn shops in the area east of 82nd or at least not to far west of 82nd, or maybe Clackamas area. I like to hit Curts and NW Armory every few months just to see what's going on.. I went into one near NW Armory during the thick of the last rush and the prices were beyond astronomical. Thanks for any help you guys have for me.

I've only bought one firearm from a pawn shop. I bought a nearly new 870 for $200 including state background check and prints ( Oregon). The thing looked like it had been fired 5 times, maybe. They had literally just got it in when I walked in so it was like ' lets make a deal" The counter guys asked for $250 and I worked him over....I know, I'm heartless huh?
Anyway back on point, most pawn shops I've been in to are not good at pricing stuff. They are expensive and overpriced and usually ask near retail prices for overused junk. I would frequent the WTS boards on this site or even Armslist before I would waste a lot of time with pawn shops. One of the nicest things about buying a used item from a person is that you get the background and history on a particular weapon....something you don't get at a pawn shop.

I've gotten what I feel were a few deals from a couple of pawn shops. But I tend to check the used gun racks at a couple of local gun shops more. Inventory moves quicker at gun shops so I check fairly often at a few. Good deals don't last long. You have to be there at the right time is my way of thinking. As an example the 1958 Marlin 336 I have I saw at a local shop. It hadn't been priced yet, wasn't even on the rack and the owner wasn't there, late afternoon. The staff said it should be priced and on the rack by morning. I was there about a half hour after they opened, price was really good and it's mine now. Similar story on a Henry .22lr lever gun with the hex barrel. I think they said it was on the rack for 2 hours. Price was $250.
Anyway, rather than checking the pawn shops I tend to check the local dealers that keep a fair inventory of used guns. Plus there are a couple of shops that I will make a drive to every couple of months. Pawns shops I check less and they are closer.

FYI: Rapid Fire Firearms in Sandy & Gunbroker in Tigard are the two I feel are worth making a drive to.

That pawn shop in the blue and white building up the road from Curt's will sometimes deal. I rarely stop in there any more. Can't remember the name but it's across the street from Safeway. All Bright or something similar.

The two pawn shops in Bend are pretty good to deal with. I have bought several guns fromm both over the years and always got good deals such as the Blackhawk last week for $340. Both shops have dedicated display areas set up in the style of a 'gunshop' and quite frankly have more used stock than some of the actual 'gunshops' we have - which there are only a couple I consider worthwhile. With both of these shops guns are a large part of the business and not a sideline like I have seen in pawnshops in other parts of the country.

I am always on the wts boards and I agree with what you are saying. I am just looking for something different for the sake of something different mostly. I have seen some really good deals at money market new and used. But, normally nothing I'm looking for. I have done several deals on nwfa and Craigslist with good success.

I've gotten what I feel were a few deals from a couple of pawn shops. But I tend to check the used gun racks at a couple of local gun shops more. Inventory moves quicker at gun shops so I check fairly often at a few. Good deals don't last long. You have to be there at the right time is my way of thinking. As an example the 1958 Marlin 336 I have I saw at a local shop. It hadn't been priced yet, wasn't even on the rack and the owner wasn't there, late afternoon. The staff said it should be priced and on the rack by morning. I was there about a half hour after they opened, price was really good and it's mine now. Similar story on a Henry .22lr lever gun with the hex barrel. I think they said it was on the rack for 2 hours. Price was $250.
Anyway, rather than checking the pawn shops I tend to check the local dealers that keep a fair inventory of used guns. Plus there are a couple of shops that I will make a drive to every couple of months. Pawns shops I check less and they are closer.

FYI: Rapid Fire Firearms in Sandy & Gunbroker in Tigard are the two I feel are worth making a drive to.

That pawn shop in the blue and white building up the road from Curt's will sometimes deal. I rarely stop in there any more. Can't remember the name but it's across the street from Safeway. All Bright or something similar.
I have also seen some awesome deals at Keiths, Curts and Rapid Fire. I frequent both at least monthly. I bought two brand new in box, mossberg mvp's(one varmint and one predator) sales samples from Keiths for about $800 out the door Last month. I couldn't pass that up.

I guess I am kind of looking for beater type rifles that can be cleaned up, easily repaired or upgraded that are cheap. I had a friend that picked up a glock 36 with night sites and ghost trigger for $400 from all that glitters a few years back. I'm really just looking to look more than anything, I'm sure the deals are few and far between at pawn shops.

I don't know of any pawn shops in east county that sell firearms, but I've bought three guns (a 10/22, a Rem 870 and an H&R Buffalo Classic) from 99 Pawn in Milwaukie. Good place, only used guns (although you can't tell with some of them, being so clean and new-looking). Good people, they'll often knock 10% off the price without asking and can be talked out of another 10% if you have cash. They do a fair amount of business and are educated on the product. The stock is variable, but I highly recommend the shop.

Wait, there's also the place at SE 136/Powell. I think it's called Money Market Pawn, it's next to the Pallas (strip) Club. They seem to have their stuff together too, although I think they carry a lot of new stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top