JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have found that most pawn shops will haggle on price not matter the product. Most item up for sale were taken at 25% value. So if they don't move on the price then they can keep it. I can pay retail anywhere, the pawn shop should be a place to get a deal. So far I found that most will move on the prices.

I have been told by a pawn shop down here: they charge gunbroker.com prices or in my opinion the highest end of the book price (regardless of the condition, everything is 100%). I have yet to try to negotiate with them, because it would take a lot just to get it to what I can buy it for down the street.

Typically I can get things cheaper by going to an actual gun store that carries used guns.

I have bought a few firearms at local pawns shops and I found that it depends on what type of firearm (s) your are buying. For example I found that if I make a lesser offer say on an Ar15 chances are I wont get much of a discount because they know that someone will probably buy it for their full price. Now if I make a lesser offer on a beat up Mosin Nagant they will propbaly take it.

There's a shop here that mostly carries Hi Point and Lorcins, if they get a decent quality gun like Glock, Sig, S&W, they price it like it's made of gold (above new, retail) and won't budge on the price. Then there's a shop that mostly carry the upper end guns and have a decent price to begin with. They'll usually go down about 10%. I've noticed HERE the retail shop that has a reputation of being the most expensive for new guns actually has the lowest prices (retail or pawn shop) on used guns. I bought a Kahr MK9 there, they had it priced at $550, I offered $500 and they took it.:s0155:

My son lives in Portland. When he comes to visit he always tours the local pawn shops-all but one. That one is on Riverside and refuses to budge on prices. He loves to haggle so he avoids that one. There are several on the east (right) side of Riverside and the one on the west (left) side is the one he avoids. I can't think of the names but I'm sure that local folks know who I mean.

Its a pawn shop... NEVER pay "asking price" for anything.

There are 4 pawn shops in my area that sell guns. One in particular I have purchased 5 guns from. The best deal to date was 135 dollars for a lever action 30-30 that was near mint condition. I have never paid asking price, and there is ALWAYS wiggle room on everything they sell, or they wouldn't be in business. Some of the pawn shops wont budge on the price they stick on their guns, in those cases you might as well go buy brand new (way overpriced). However, other items they tend to negotiate way down on.

I was told by one gal at a pawn shop that they sell most of their items at "sticker price" but there are people who will "dicker" and in those cases, she said they dint make AS much, but something IS better than nothing.

When I was in College, there was this pawn shop just down the road from the school that I would stop in all time, and they had a new condition semi-auto 12 gauge. I really liked it, but they wanted 350 bucks for it. I always looked at it, every time I went in...... this went on for a few months actually. Finally one day, I walked in, and as usual, the guy didn't say anything, picked up the shotgun and handed it to me... cause he knew I was going to ask... and while I was holding it... says this... "IF YOU GIVE ME 100 BUCKS YOU CAN HAVE IT". I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

Pawn shops are great, and the more your frequent them, its been my experience, that the more business you do with them, the more likely they will be to make you a "stellar-deal". Every time I go to "my shop", when I walk in, I am usually greeted with "Hello, What Caliber Today?" :D

i went into a pawn shop south of bend about 2yrs ago - made an offer on a 99 sav. in 308-about 150 less then what they were asken-left the guy my cell #.i told him i was going south to cresant and would be back in about 2 hrs. i didn't get 2 miles down the road- he called me and said -you can stop and pick up the gun on your way back.FIRST time i bought a gun in a pawn shop-and FIRST time a made an offer and stuck to it.
steven

I have bought 4 or 5 from the local shop here, and every one of the guns was a fair priced deal they are realistic about their prices... most of the time when I offer them a lower price it is a yes, if not they will say why... a model I am not familiar with, or maybe they simply have too much into the gun... decent people too...

every pawn shop is different and therefore there is no set rule about how to deal with them.... best advice I can give to anyone is know what you want, and what its worth. You cannot in any retail situation trust what the salesman is telling you. For the most part if you know the gun and model and have read reviews and the pro's and con's you know more then they do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top