Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Panera Bread Asks Customers to Leave the Guns at Home

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by OLDNEWBIE, Sep 8, 2014.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/08/news/companies/panera-guns-request/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

The sandwich-and-soup chain out of St. Louis, said it doesn't want armed customers in its more than 1,800 stores in an effort to increase the comfort of its unarmed patrons, joining a growing list of other companies who have issued similar directives.

The news is another victory for gun safety group Moms Demand Action in its campaign to get guns out of America's restaurants and retailers. 140908163106-moms-demand-action-620xa.jpg

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Wellllllll, what you can't see can't hurt you, right?

Brutus Out!

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I cant wait until a discrimination lawsuit is filed against all these companies.

Prepare for the "Defensive Lifestyle" lawsuit, of which is protected both by our First and Second Amendment.

It'll open a can of worms for the antis of which they'll wish they had never attempted to ostracize us, we just need a good defense team.

Honestly, I don't know why more folks don't see this as genuine discrimination OR that the idea of a defensive lifestyle is a real one.

Guess I better get started filing discrimination suits

scrandall01215 and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

This issue always makes me wonder when the policy is no guns.
    If you CC and they see or don't see it, have you committed a crime? What is the crime and is it a felony?
    BTW I think Panera Bread's food is lousy!

5. Mbeef61

Mbeef61 SW PDX Active Member

Nope. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and not come back. No crime committed, as long as you leave if asked and don't make a scene

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  6. JSJPDX

JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

For me it is not a matter of what they can't see. If I can help it, I won't patronize any business that doesn't want me there. I also avoid places where there is a real possibility that some sort of incident could happen and it's only a matter of time before some whack job will enter and shoot up one of these gun free zones.

scrandall01215 likes this.
  7. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

:cool:Pretty sure Panera Bread can't legislate......so, they could ban you for life but they can't jail you for CCing in their store. Most they could do is ask you to leave. Every store that comes up with this assinine policy gets none of my business.
    Brutus Out

8. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I vote with my money, deny me my constitutional rights and you won't get my business.o_O

9. JSJPDX

JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Why would you patronize a business that doesn't want you there?

Caveman Jim and IronMonster like this.
  10. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

You ever been in a Panera Bread? I tried it for lunch one day because it was handy. Its a trendy uppity jackwagon mecca. I would never go back regardless of there position. I will eat just about anyplace, I am not picky, but being real human being I have little tolerance for such flippant metrosexual hangouts.

11. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I am going to give you an Amen on that brother:D

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  12. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

+1 to that...

Sorry I ever set foot in the place.

13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Haters.

14. IronMonster

I started reading the comments at the bottom of the posted story. I gotta say I know better than to ever read the everloving internet comments, yet somehow I get sucked in. My palms get sweaty and my blood boils as others ignorance and stupidity flows into my brain. I want to reach through the Ethernet and just shake some of these fools and ask how they ever managed to survive childhood. Its amazing how strong an opinion someone can have on something they know less than nothing about. Someday I am going to have a heart attack and drop dead sitting in front of my computer. :mad::(o_O:confused::eek:

15. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I go to my Moms house for lunch. She's 80 and has a CC license. Plus, it's free.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    erudne, iusmc2002 and Caveman Jim like this.
  16. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Well if the food sucks, and they don't like my belief system, I would not knowingly give them any money to defeat my right to self defense.

What is their point? To run off people who are not willing to be sickened, politically, and with crapy food. Most restaurants even claiming to serve quality organic products is just taking away what mankind has been doing for thousands of years on his own.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    U201491 likes this.
  17. IronMonster

I didn't say that the food was bad, I had something like a ham and cheese, came with an apple slice and with a drink was something like $12, About half the size of what you would get elsewhere for $6.99. My issue is with the snotty, pompous atmosphere of the place. There was a lady with her dog in the dining room when I was there. Lots of 20 and 30 somethings all there because it was the place to be. I prefer the greasy spoon where the 60 year old waitress pours you coffee when you sit down whether you ask for it or not and she barks the order right from the table to the cook. I guarantee you wont be getting a apple slice side with your Philly steak lunch special.

Redcap likes this.
  18. 44mag2ndamend

I just wrote them the best Dear John letter one could ever imagine. Dont worry I left my money at home with my guns!

19. 44mag2ndamend

Its not a victory when it shows up here. Spread it around to all you love and protect!

20. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

This.

/thread