JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago, when NYPD had the policy of every officer being armed 24/7, the IACP gave the policy guideline that if an officer was legal to drive, he was legal to carry a weapon.
Now that would make sense. I don't know if they still do it here but I have seen someone have BAC checked because They had been drinking and were carrying. Guy got into a "thing" at work, LEO's came because he had a gun. Bottom line the LEO's who showed asked him if he had had anything he said yes, they got their portable BAC and had him blow. He was under but did show he was close, they let it go.
The whole thing I keep going back to is some apparently saying in the home. This would mean no LEO's in that state could legally imbibe to the point of not being legal since they are of course not taking their guns out of their home.

Hey, I take ALL my guns out drinkin, THAT'S being a responsible gun owner, though 'Spensive as hell! :s0140:

When will this madness end, Next it will be illegal for your ammo to be seen with your rifle!:eek::eek::eek:

"
However, in Ohio, arguments are gearing up to determine whether drinking at home should make use of a firearm illegal.

"

Clearly being intoxicated with a FA is stupid. But illegal ?
How can you say for certain that you were in imminent danger, if your judgement was impaired?

What level intoxication? Cold medicine?, blow .08 ? Pot?

One to follow. Feb 25th, 2020.
2019-0544 State of Ohio v. Fredrick M. Weber
Didn't realize the castle law wasn't valid with alcohol. Going to be a difficult one to enforce seeing how a home can't be entered without a warrant unless an emergency or a LEO sees or witnesses a crime being committed! The only other is an arrest warrant for the person inside. Will he have to read rights from the street or at the door? Just how will they be able to determine DRUNK unless a crime, and it will probably have to be a felony has been committed. They wouldn't even have to submit to a test until arrested. Sounds like a bunch of holes and it would have to be at a felony level like a Domestic Dispute charge physical!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top