JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/08/news/companies/panera-guns-request/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

The sandwich-and-soup chain out of St. Louis, said it doesn't want armed customers in its more than 1,800 stores in an effort to increase the comfort of its unarmed patrons, joining a growing list of other companies who have issued similar directives.

The news is another victory for gun safety group Moms Demand Action in its campaign to get guns out of America's restaurants and retailers. 140908163106-moms-demand-action-620xa.jpg

I cant wait until a discrimination lawsuit is filed against all these companies.

Prepare for the "Defensive Lifestyle" lawsuit, of which is protected both by our First and Second Amendment.

It'll open a can of worms for the antis of which they'll wish they had never attempted to ostracize us, we just need a good defense team.

Honestly, I don't know why more folks don't see this as genuine discrimination OR that the idea of a defensive lifestyle is a real one.

Guess I better get started filing discrimination suits

Wellllllll, what you can't see can't hurt you, right?

Brutus Out!
This issue always makes me wonder when the policy is no guns.
If you CC and they see or don't see it, have you committed a crime? What is the crime and is it a felony?
BTW I think Panera Bread's food is lousy!

Nope. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and not come back. No crime committed, as long as you leave if asked and don't make a scene

Wellllllll, what you can't see can't hurt you, right?

Brutus Out!

For me it is not a matter of what they can't see. If I can help it, I won't patronize any business that doesn't want me there. I also avoid places where there is a real possibility that some sort of incident could happen and it's only a matter of time before some whack job will enter and shoot up one of these gun free zones.

:cool:Pretty sure Panera Bread can't legislate......so, they could ban you for life but they can't jail you for CCing in their store. Most they could do is ask you to leave. Every store that comes up with this assinine policy gets none of my business.
Brutus Out

You ever been in a Panera Bread? I tried it for lunch one day because it was handy. Its a trendy uppity jackwagon mecca. I would never go back regardless of there position. I will eat just about anyplace, I am not picky, but being real human being I have little tolerance for such flippant metrosexual hangouts.

You ever been in a Panera Bread? I tried it for lunch one day because it was handy. Its a trendy uppity jackwagon mecca. I would never go back regardless of there position. I will eat just about anyplace, I am not picky, but being real human being I have little tolerance for such flippant metrosexual hangouts.

I am going to give you an Amen on that brother:D

+1 to that...

Sorry I ever set foot in the place.

I started reading the comments at the bottom of the posted story. I gotta say I know better than to ever read the everloving internet comments, yet somehow I get sucked in. My palms get sweaty and my blood boils as others ignorance and stupidity flows into my brain. I want to reach through the Ethernet and just shake some of these fools and ask how they ever managed to survive childhood. Its amazing how strong an opinion someone can have on something they know less than nothing about. Someday I am going to have a heart attack and drop dead sitting in front of my computer. :mad::(o_O:confused::eek:

This issue always makes me wonder when the policy is no guns.
If you CC and they see or don't see it, have you committed a crime? What is the crime and is it a felony?
BTW I think Panera Bread's food is lousy!

Nope. The worst they can do is ask you to leave and not come back. No crime committed, as long as you leave if asked and don't make a scene

Well if the food sucks, and they don't like my belief system, I would not knowingly give them any money to defeat my right to self defense.

What is their point? To run off people who are not willing to be sickened, politically, and with crapy food. Most restaurants even claiming to serve quality organic products is just taking away what mankind has been doing for thousands of years on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say that the food was bad, I had something like a ham and cheese, came with an apple slice and with a drink was something like $12, About half the size of what you would get elsewhere for $6.99. My issue is with the snotty, pompous atmosphere of the place. There was a lady with her dog in the dining room when I was there. Lots of 20 and 30 somethings all there because it was the place to be. I prefer the greasy spoon where the 60 year old waitress pours you coffee when you sit down whether you ask for it or not and she barks the order right from the table to the cook. I guarantee you wont be getting a apple slice side with your Philly steak lunch special.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/08/news/companies/panera-guns-request/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

The sandwich-and-soup chain out of St. Louis, said it doesn't want armed customers in its more than 1,800 stores in an effort to increase the comfort of its unarmed patrons, joining a growing list of other companies who have issued similar directives.

The news is another victory for gun safety group Moms Demand Action in its campaign to get guns out of America's restaurants and retailers. View attachment 102354

Its not a victory when it shows up here. Spread it around to all you love and protect!

I didn't say that the food was bad, I had something like a ham and cheese, came with an apple slice and with a drink was something like $12, About half the size of what you would get elsewhere for $6.99. My issue is with the snotty, pompous atmosphere of the place. There was a lady with her dog in the dining room when I was there. Lots of 20 and 30 somethings all there because it was the place to be. I prefer the greasy spoon where the 60 year old waitress pours you coffee when you sit down whether you ask for it or not and she barks the order right from the table to the cook. I guarantee you wont be getting a apple slice side with your Philly steak lunch special.

This.

/thread

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top