JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We sold out in Bend and placed a bunch of equity in our home here in LG. Couldn't pay it 100%, but got it down to where ODVA payments are ridiculously low. It has been better to keep the balance invested than it has to pay the money on a mortgage so low.

We are kinda low fixed income... what is killing us is the yearly property tax of $1200. If it wasn't for a yearly required distribution from my wife's IRA, we would have to put money back into a tax savings account, which would affect lifestyle. We are already pared down to the next thing that would go is food. That's not ok.

If I die, the wife has enough between our two IRAs to easily pay off the house and add a bit monthly to pad expenses. That's the plan so far. If she passes first, I will have 1/3 less income, but won't need to pay off the house. Might want to sell out and move into the trailer... it would be much less maint, and mobility might be good.

We paid ours off August 2015. I wanted to have a big BBQ with friends and family but the wife thought it would be boasting. I was just excited and wanted to celebrate, oh well. The kids are moved out and I was 54 when we paid it off so we've been saving a bunch more cash for when I retire. One thing it did was highlight how much the stinking property taxes are now that they are stand alone!

Man I wished our property tax was $1200.

Yeah, I knew I'd get those kind of comments. Prop values are lower here and we live in a 1240sqft double wide. Try coming up with $1200 on a $16,000 yearly income. It takes a bite.

You wish? You can get that kind of prop tax by moving. I'm not responsible for where others choose to live.

Yeah, I knew I'd get those kind of comments. Prop values are lower here and we live in a 1240sqft double wide. Try coming up with $1200 on a $16,000 yearly income. It takes a bite.

You wish? You can get that kind of prop tax by moving. I'm not responsible for where others choose to live.
I didn't mean any offense. A set income like that would be very difficult.

I didn't mean any offense. A set income like that would be very difficult.

Thanks for saying that. Usually, when people say yeah, i wish i had that as a problem, they are minimizing/mocking somebody else's claims of woe... example: having a beauty for a wife that wants to do the wild thing every night! Sorry I misunderstood. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top