JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lars Larson and <broken link removed> held a concealed carry event last night to promote Second Amendment rights and concealed carry, and I was wondering if anyone here attended?

More than 100 people (men and women) showed up, talked and checked out guns, had a good time, they had pizza and refreshments, guest speakers, and lots of giveaways. It was fun, and they'll probably have another 2A event like it in the future. Might be a good way to get a significant other, friend, or family member involved. :s0155:

Participants
Packing Pretty
Northwest Armory - Portland's Premier Gun Shop
<broken link removed>
Kevin Starrett, Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF)
Firearms Instructor Bennett Rowe
Ted Blocker Holsters
Banterwear Political Conservative funny T-shirts
<broken link removed>

Giveaways
A pistol from NWA
Classes from Bennett Rowe
Passes for a day at the range from Place to Shoot
Ted Blocker holsters
Ruhe Group Cerakote jobs
Banterwear & Team Lars shirts
bumper stickers etc.

I'd like to go, where will the info be posted?

They had it last night in downtown Portland, so unfortunately you missed it. But I'm pretty sure they'll have another (probably sometime next year). It's one of those things you have to listen to the radio for and contact them for info/invitations. If I hear anything about another event, I'll post an update. :)

This would have been a very perfect event for my "Sunday Go-To-Meeting" carry gun: a Colt's Model 1908 Nickel Auto in .380. Colt's Factory Engraved, of course. Normally it only sees dinner events and church.

If I may hijack mildly this thread, I would ask others, "What would you carry to a presentation carry event?" (Hint: you don't wear your church clothes to work, but each fulfills any need at its proper venue.)

This would have been a very perfect event for my "Sunday Go-To-Meeting" carry gun: a Colt's Model 1908 Nickel Auto in .380. Colt's Factory Engraved, of course. Normally it only sees dinner events and church.

If I may hijack mildly this thread, I would ask others, "What would you carry to a presentation carry event?" (Hint: you don't wear your church clothes to work, but each fulfills any need at its proper venue.)

This sounds similar to this thread: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/43188-bbq-gun-what-you-pick.html

It links to this thread which has a lot of pictures of 1911s and revolvers: The Official Barbeque Gun Picture Thread! - 1911Forum

I'd probably carry a stainless or nickel/stainless 1911.

If you want to educate the public, it need to be an OC event...who cares if 1000 people show up, with not one visible gun? Nobody knows.

Oh yes, you are afraid of the PPD...they have nothing to say about it unless they want a trip to Federal Court.

I was talking with another member about this. I think this should be a normal monthly event, we were talking with a coffee shop owner and she was okay with it. Nobody cares or here's about it if it's only a once a year event, how the crap does that spread the word.

Why not have a monthly event every last saturday or sunday for coffee and OC. We could do different places or the same place it's a win-win. For 2nd A friends and for the business.

I'm not qualified for a leader, but I'd be there if some had the time to set it all up.

I was talking with another member about this. I think this should be a normal monthly event, we were talking with a coffee shop owner and she was okay with it. Nobody cares or here's about it if it's only a once a year event, how the crap does that spread the word.

Why not have a monthly event every last saturday or sunday for coffee and OC. We could do different places or the same place it's a win-win. For 2nd A friends and for the business.

I'm not qualified for a leader, but I'd be there if some had the time to set it all up.

Since this event was put on by a radio station, I can understand why they probably couldn't hold it monthly. They have to split their time and budget among other issues and causes too. But I agree that it'd be nice to have more local events like this one. Maybe if enough people show interest and attend things like this, other businesses and gun clubs will get on board and organize their own. And I'd encourage anyone who wants to go to another one of these, to email Lars and let him know. He and his team really do read and respond to the emails they receive.

Or maybe someone will start something here. There's a get-togethers and events section. ;)

My "formal wear" is the same as my daily wear. A Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry in a Crossbreeed IWB holster.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top