Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Packing Pretty CC Event

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Bunny, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Lars Larson and FM News 101 KXL held a concealed carry event last night to promote Second Amendment rights and concealed carry, and I was wondering if anyone here attended?

More than 100 people (men and women) showed up, talked and checked out guns, had a good time, they had pizza and refreshments, guest speakers, and lots of giveaways. It was fun, and they'll probably have another 2A event like it in the future. Might be a good way to get a significant other, friend, or family member involved. :thumbup:

Participants
    Packing Pretty
    Northwest Armory - Portland's Premier Gun Shop
    The Place to Shoot
    Kevin Starrett, Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF)
    Firearms Instructor Bennett Rowe
    Ted Blocker Holsters
    Banterwear Political Conservative funny T-shirts
    Ruhe Group (Cerakote)

Giveaways
    A pistol from NWA
    Classes from Bennett Rowe
    Passes for a day at the range from Place to Shoot
    Ted Blocker holsters
    Ruhe Group Cerakote jobs
    Banterwear & Team Lars shirts
    bumper stickers etc.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'd like to go, where will the info be posted?

3. Bunny

They had it last night in downtown Portland, so unfortunately you missed it. But I'm pretty sure they'll have another (probably sometime next year). It's one of those things you have to listen to the radio for and contact them for info/invitations. If I hear anything about another event, I'll post an update. :)

4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

This would have been a very perfect event for my "Sunday Go-To-Meeting" carry gun: a Colt's Model 1908 Nickel Auto in .380. Colt's Factory Engraved, of course. Normally it only sees dinner events and church.

If I may hijack mildly this thread, I would ask others, "What would you carry to a presentation carry event?" (Hint: you don't wear your church clothes to work, but each fulfills any need at its proper venue.)

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

This sounds similar to this thread: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/43188-bbq-gun-what-you-pick.html

It links to this thread which has a lot of pictures of 1911s and revolvers: The Official Barbeque Gun Picture Thread! - 1911Forum

I'd probably carry a stainless or nickel/stainless 1911.

6. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

If you want to educate the public, it need to be an OC event...who cares if 1000 people show up, with not one visible gun? Nobody knows.

Oh yes, you are afraid of the PPD...they have nothing to say about it unless they want a trip to Federal Court.

7. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I was talking with another member about this. I think this should be a normal monthly event, we were talking with a coffee shop owner and she was okay with it. Nobody cares or here's about it if it's only a once a year event, how the crap does that spread the word.

Why not have a monthly event every last saturday or sunday for coffee and OC. We could do different places or the same place it's a win-win. For 2nd A friends and for the business.

I'm not qualified for a leader, but I'd be there if some had the time to set it all up.

Bunny and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Bunny

Since this event was put on by a radio station, I can understand why they probably couldn't hold it monthly. They have to split their time and budget among other issues and causes too. But I agree that it'd be nice to have more local events like this one. Maybe if enough people show interest and attend things like this, other businesses and gun clubs will get on board and organize their own. And I'd encourage anyone who wants to go to another one of these, to email Lars and let him know. He and his team really do read and respond to the emails they receive.

Or maybe someone will start something here. There's a get-togethers and events section. ;)

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

My "formal wear" is the same as my daily wear. A Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry in a Crossbreeed IWB holster.

10. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If I had the money for "formal wear" i'd have a Dillion MG

I only have one type of gun, a save my life gun. Don't really care how it looks just that it goes bang every time