JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

SHTF P320 or P226?

• P320

• P226

Results are only viewable after voting.
In an extended SHTF scenario, might be fictional but could happen extended period, you will have to work on your schitt to one degree or another.
In my mind's eye, I see SHTF as possibly a multi-year event.

YMMV
Which is why my first line self-defense weapons are a PS90 and a Five Seven. These were designed to be used by rear echelon personnel (cooks, clerks, medical, etc. personnel) in case the enemy suddenly overran the front lines, also by tankers and logistics personnel (who have to transport supplies to the front lines).

My thinking is that yes, my family/et. al. would have to go outside and tend to crops, animals, gather firewood, etc., - i.e., situations where we are working and not expecting to be attacked, but we would want to be prepared for a surprise attack. So a Five Seven would be on our person at all times, the PS90 would be close by. These would also be used when traveling.

If attacked, we use the capacity of the sidearm (20-30 rounds) to get to the PS90, and use the PS90 with 50 round mags to retreat to cover where heavier caliber firearms (5.56, 7.62x39 or 7.62x51) would be ready for defending the hard cover.

What SHTF would be is hard to say, it could be six months to a year, or the rest of our lives. Either way, my group at least, won't be willingly engaging in prolonged heavy firefights by choice - we have neither the training, the numbers, the logistics nor the health to do so.

The P225A1 didn't seem to get the best reviews.

There was a "Classic Line" reissue of the original P225 at some point (late 2009 or so). I have a LNIB one and keep going back and forth on selling it. Still have an original well used P225 that is a great gun.
Is yours one of the guns marked "Made in Germany" or "Made in West Germany" - a gentleman on another forum mentioned he has a "new" gun made in the early 2000's after someone at Sig discovered a pallet of parts for 225's - they stamped the slides on those "Made in Germany" but they're made from old parts from the West German days.

Or

20210917_133533.jpg

Is yours one of the guns marked "Made in Germany" or "Made in West Germany" - a gentleman on another forum mentioned he has a "new" gun made in the early 2000's after someone at Sig discovered a pallet of parts for 225's - they stamped the slides on those "Made in Germany" but they're made from old parts from the West German days.
I'll check, but I'm pretty sure just "Made in Germany". I used to have a P220 45ACP that was Made in West Germany which I bought new in 1988. Never should have sold that one.

My P226 has "MADE IN GERMANY" ( no "W") on both slide and frame. What do I have? Serial number puts it around 1998 or so.

Yes, both slide AND frame. You heard me right.

As a multiple Sig owner, I'm guessing either would provide you the service that you needed. However, there would be one caveat to the P226. The P226 needs to be lubed periodically, especially if it is the SS version. In my opinion, you just can't neglect them in your drawer next to the bed or in your holster unlike the plastic fantastics. That is why I prefer to use my Glock as my HD which will soon be replaced with my PDP.

As a multiple Sig owner, I'm guessing either would provide you the service that you needed. However, there would be one caveat to the P226. The P226 needs to be lubed periodically, especially if it is the SS version. In my opinion, you just can't neglect them in your drawer next to the bed or in your holster unlike the plastic fantastics. That is why I prefer to use my Glock as my HD which will soon be replaced with my PDP.
Somewhat similar opinion here. Actually going to sell a few unique Sigs since I never shoot them and the market is going crazy. But a VP9 is my standard HD piece now.

You've got a post-unification gun. Sig did make sporadic runs of them into the early 2000's.

Thank you. It's got internal extractor. Earlier night sights, single lower stripe rear sight. Newer slide/breakdown lever. CPO in big red plastic case.

Love the gun, staying right here, forever.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top