JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you are wrong Hill. The limit if memory serves is 5 privately made firearms and they made be sold.
I don't have cites in front of me to provide to you so you should look them up.

See, nobody mentioned serialization. :D

anyway, go for it - make ten AR's from 80%ers and sell them, or five if you want to comply with laws written by posters above. I'll maybe send you a cake with a file in it - or not. But I'd bet there's no law specifically restricting my right to send or your right to receive a file in a cake, that'd be a pretty dumb sounding law. Instead I'd expect that they'd get us using INTERPRETATION of existing restrictions, what do you think?

You know like I make five rifles all of a kind (kind subject to that sleazy interpretation thing they do) and I sell them. I get smart and space out my sales over years believing that I'm good because I made them for my own use, they are my property, and now I'm tired of them one at a time over a span of time. Done deal, and I didn't make much anyway. Heck, I even put my dog's rabies number on each one with my electropencil.

Now why would they show up accusing me of manufacturing firearms without a license? I KNOW they're wrong because I KNOW my rights. I can holler "It's not right or FAIR!" but I think I'd save my breath.

There now. I WAS right. The rifles were not of a kind and luckily my spacing out sales saved me because the amount of time between guns was larger than the statute of limitations, mostly.

So I had to hock my house for the $100k federal court legal fees but it's OK - I can start over, did it before. And that's what I plan for as soon as I finish my reduced sentence in Lompoc. Because I was right, mostly, and paid my lawyers enough I got the hit dropped from ten years to two and feel great about it all now.

I actually did try, asked if she wanted to sell some parts off of it and she said no they are on their way to pick it up!. Seemed like they were in a hurry to just have it be gone and done with?. I never saw the gun in question as it was in the back out of view. Sha actually seemed annoyed that I asked her so just left it alone.

Of course they were on their way to pick it up. They were probably heading there with lights flashing.

Wanna bet 10 rounds of 22LR that it is now setting in one of their gun safes?

:rolleyes:

I have heard the "only one" as far as how many firearms a individual can build but I have done some pretty extensive looking and can find no information to back that up. Pretty much all the ATF info that is presented simply states that a individual can build a firearm for personal use

I would really like to see anything to the contrary. I have no interest in breaking Federal firearms law so its not just a curiosity. If I had actual information showing there was a limit or restriction as to how many guns could be built by a individual I would have some receivers to melt.

That rifle should never have been taken in - both the maker and the shop could have faced federal charges.

Firearms may be lawfully made by persons who do not hold a manufacturer's license under the GCA provided they are not for sale or distribution and the maker is not prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms.

The allowable limit is one firearm for personal use. It can never be legally sold.

That isn't correct, they can be sold. Just not built for the purpose of sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top