JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Talley wants $13 and change to ship some aluminum scope ring mounts. Total price $77.20. EBay new in box $51.95 shipped
I can't count the times shipping was a deal breaker for me. Sometimes the shipping costs more than the item.

I recently bought a Glock extended slide release for about $11 and shipping was $8 extra. Grrrrrr!

Many places with flat rate shipping are essentially having customers subsidizing other customers. Combat Armory is an example. You buy a tiny spring and it's $4 shipping. Another customer buys 20 uppers and it's $4 shipping.

It's buying those small parts like springs, detents etc. that kill you with shipping when buying online. I try to buy them locally when possible knowing the shipping costs can get exorbitantly expensive fast. Sometimes it's just unavoidable at best, but sure as heck irritating.
Totally agree.

Sadly, less and less shops out there these days and those that are left either have insane mark ups on these parts or don't have them.

That's why you buy from places that have a free shipping over X amount. There was a time what I was buying was $98, $7 shipping but free at $100+ so I bought a $2.50 sticker set too

With the internet at our finger tips, definitely shop around and shipping is a factor as well. When you order ammo it make a good deal turn into walking down to sportsman's lol.

What size of rings? I may have some laying around you can just have. Haha.

I can't count the times shipping was a deal breaker for me. Sometimes the shipping costs more than the item.

I recently bought a Glock extended slide release for about $11 and shipping was $8 extra. Grrrrrr!
I also just picked up a a Glock slide release. Cost was about $40.00 and shipping was $1.99

I despise the places that won't give you the cost of shipping until you give them your email address first. I won't do business with them.

All they need to calculate shipping is my zip code.

I've done the math several times on parts and shipping, and have then driven to ORW or J&B and purchased the parts there. I have found some parts are cheaper at either shop before shipping is added.
At ORW, I've found top drawer BCGs less expensive than any other source from the 'net.

That's why you buy from places that have a free shipping over X amount. There was a time what I was buying was $98, $7 shipping but free at $100+ so I bought a $2.50 sticker set too
Yah, or when I needed extra spare parts, I'd keep a written tally going to keep as ad ons for just such circumstances.

I've cleared out that list. For now.

I despise the places that won't give you the cost of shipping until you give them your email address first. I won't do business with them.

Agree 100%. In the past, I've gone ahead and entered the info and ultimately cancelled because shipping was too high. Seems like shortly thereafter I was on their mailing list along with a bunch of other lists....

Agree 100%. In the past, I've gone ahead and entered the info and ultimately cancelled because shipping was too high. Seems like shortly thereafter I was on their mailing list along with a bunch of other lists....

Y'all are doing it wrong.

Go sign up for a burner gmail account and use it for all your e-commerce. Create accounts with every place you shop and make sure you're logged in while adding stuff to cart.

Then bounce. And wait.

Most of the big players and many mid size are rocking automated "abandoned cart" promotions. Especially as the economy winds down - those businesses will be pushing hard to get you back and finishing the purchase.

Also note that most places give a discount for signing up for their mailing list. You can do this an infinite number of times.

Of course I use burner email accounts. But when I get to where I have to enter my email to get a shipping rate I bail. If they weren't profiting off of shipping they wouldn't want my email first.

Too much trouble to give them a burner and confirm and all that crap since I know what the outcome is going to be from experience anyway.

Every internet scamster thinks they have a great new way to trick the customer. The trick I find myself falling for over and over again is competitive prices, good service and reasonable shipping rates. Gets me every time.
Y'all are doing it wrong.

Go sign up for a burner gmail account and use it for all your e-commerce. Create accounts with every place you shop and make sure you're logged in while adding stuff to cart.

Then bounce. And wait.

Most of the big players and many mid size are rocking automated "abandoned cart" promotions. Especially as the economy winds down - those businesses will be pushing hard to get you back and finishing the purchase.

Also note that most places give a discount for signing up for their mailing list. You can do this an infinite number of times.

Last Edited:
Conversely, don't be fooled by free shipping. I've seen the same item from two different retailers, one for 200 plus 29 shipping and another for 229 with "free shipping." I went with the former just because I already had an account with them anyway. When I mentioned where I got mine from in a discussion, I had someone tell me I'm an idiot for not buying from the place that offers "free shipping."

I even explained there's generally no such thing as free shipping, sometimes it's just built into the cost of the thing itself. Was told, "yeah sounds like something a sucker would say."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top