Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Outlandish conversations at gun shops.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 20, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I have to share the conversation I overheard at my dealer today. One guy was telling his friend what bullets to get for his Glock. The guy was telling him to get the the .45acp rounds. The other guys says "I thought you said my Glock was a 9mm" to which the first guy replied "You can put .45's in it too. You just can't load the full amount because they are thicker."

That even beats the guys I hear all the time talking about how "That is a Glock...you have to buy Glock ammo to put in them." I almost choked to death trying not to laugh out loud. :)

Anyone else have any doozies?

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

lol, well there are always the people that think a .308 has a bigger bullet than a .300 mag, or .38 is bigger than .357, ect. But that's not too outlandish.

3. 9mmPDX

9mmPDX 9miWofPDX Member

I was up one night reading a post on a forum and wondered how many other crazy people there are like me, blogging at 2 a.m. in the morning, when I come across a post about "outlandish conversations" started at 1:54 am at night. I guess we are all night owls... but here's me at 10:30am :sleep:

BTW, that was pretty funny :laugh:. You must hang out at the GunBroker a lot.

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am always up late. The bad thing is I will go to bed around 2-3am and still be up by 7-8am.

I try to stop in each day to see if anything unique comes in. I am usually only there 20 minutes to an hour but it is usually long enough to hear something silly. :)

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Maybe if you stopped going in there, your wallet would be a lot bigger :D

I try and avoid shops when I have cash on me, because something always follows me home otherwise.

6. FatherHolyHoly

FatherHolyHoly MN Active Member

My friend worked at a gun shop and had a plethora of stories. My least favorite was the guy who was looking at a handgun and put it to his girlfriend's temple and laughed.

Not exactly a conversation... but a conversation starter.

7. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Oh, guys...I could write a book! Between owning a gun shop and OFA...here is one of my favorites at OFA...a student showed up to a DH1 with two Gun "Magazines" - they were Shooting Times and Combat Handguns. He walked into the classroom for the morning briefing and placed them on his table. I walked by and introduced myself and said "oh, you expecting class to be boring today so you brought some reading material?" and the student retorts "nah, the confirmation letter recommended I bring three magazines but I could only afford two this week.

8. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

lol, thats funny right there.... :laugh:

9. hunterdad66

hunterdad66 PNW Member

I bet his car's headlight fluid is low also.

10. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

:banghead::rofl1:

11. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

Oh sweet mother of zombies...I lost it. Guys at work are all standing up in the their cubes looking to see what I'm laughing at!

12. solowars

solowars Lake oswego New Member

I grew up in Lake oswego and have delt with some really stupid city folk. i grew up with guns and playing in the woods and am the only one outa the 2004 class at lakeridge that could survive if stuck out in the woods for months even years. Also i have tried to talk guns with my childhood friends and i have to hold back laughing all the time. You go to love the people who play a shooting game and then read something in a gun magazine and then think they can head shot on a person at 1200 yards with a 9mm semi auto. Or The GROUND SHOOTERS i see up in the woods all the time, they give all us true gun owners a bad name.

But i cant blame gunbroker for sell everything and anything to these idiots. I tend to buy brand new stuff because more and more of these idiots buying guns and they have no respect for their firearm or know how to properly clean it.

13. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Well he didn't bring clips now did he.

14. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

snegro......

tac

15. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Just wondering, are those 9mm or 45 Clips? I belong to the NRA and I get a gun magazine every month. They never have asked me what caliber I want. I guess the late night owls on this forum might have an answer, especially seeing most of them are from Oregon. Spad

16. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

:rofl1: :thumbup:

17. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Us Oregonians will way out number the weak up north;) :laugh: :thumbup:

18. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

What the **** is a 'ground shooter'?

19. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

'ground shooters' walk around while hunting, as opposed to those who sit up in a tree and wait...

tac

'He is a very modest man, but then, he has much to be modest about.'

20. Fobos

Fobos Montana/Oregon Member

Was she ugly?